Non-motoring > Gloating! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 14

Gloating! - Roger.
A definite punch-up atmosphere in our house today!
SWMBO - being Welsh and I, being English, were at daggers drawn for a while this PM.
So, as a sign if respect for the England XV for a correct & proper result, I have a new user name :-)
 Gloating! - Runfer D'Hills
Don't quite know how to put this, but, have you like, 'gone off' sex?

Hope so, 'cos I reckon you're going to be celibate for a while...

;-)
 Gloating! - Dog
The sun shines on the riotous, Dodger ;)
 Gloating! - Robin O'Reliant
Who the hell is Swing low etc?

Jeez, these name changes.
 Gloating! - rtj70
Roger I assumed?
 Gloating! - Harleyman
After a bit of a mixed day (glorious ride out on the Sportster to Stackpole Quay, cuppa with a friend just outside Haverfordwest and a ticket from our local constabulary on the way home for daring to have an illegal number plate) I was immensely cheered by the rugby result.

Must remember to take a sizeable bag of rubbing salt into work tomorrow, though for once I doubt the natives will be particularly garrulous.
 Gloating! - Ted

I didn't see it, I was sulking over Man City being beaten, once again, by the Pie Eaters.

Bah !

HO
 Gloating! - Roger.
Stackpole Quay - lovely spot. Did you stroll up and over to Barafundle, probably the best of Pembrokeshire's uncrowded "hidden" delights?
I remember going there one New Year's Day, in wonderful sunshine, where there was just we two and a man and his dog, on the whole expanse of golden sand.

Gloating! - Harleyman
Did you stroll up and over to Barafundle, probably the
>> best of Pembrokeshire's uncrowded "hidden" delights?

>>
>>
It was tempting but I hadn't really got the right footwear; next time I go down I'll wear me Para boots, easier than bike boots for walking.
 Gloating! - Roger.
>> Did you stroll up and over to Barafundle, probably the
>> >> best of Pembrokeshire's uncrowded "hidden" delights?
>>
>> >>
>> >>
>> It was tempting but I hadn't really got the right footwear; next time I go
>> down I'll wear me Para boots, easier than bike boots for walking.

I must admit that had we the funds, on coming back to the UK, we would have returned to Sir Benfro, but house prices there have escalated too much for our depleted pockets.
 Gloating! - FocalPoint
"Who the hell is Swing low etc?

Jeez, these name changes."

ROR, I hope you're keeping up here!
 Gloating! - Alanovich
Try following Fulham FC and Scotland rugby this weekend just gone.

Jesus wept.

No sympathy for Man City Ted, it's getting quite hilarious what happens when you play the Pierites. It's injected some interest in the Cup, here's hoping the Librarians of North London fall foul of the Wigs in the semi also. An inevitable City V Gooners final would have been dull dull dull for the neutral. Let's have some little teams to whom a single trophy would mean everything in Cup Finals. Far better spectacle than the procession of the top few rich moneybags teams.

Pies all round.
 Gloating! - helicopter
I spent Sunday morning clearing the lawns of twigs and giving the moss infested lawns their first cut of the season......

I will give them a good going over with moss killer next week and then leave a couple of weeks before getting the scarifier out of hibernation and whipping them back into shape.

Also went up the ladder and cleared the gutters of moss from the roof before getting the garden chairs out and enjoying a glass of wine and the Sunday Telegraph prior to the match...which I enjoyed a lot, especially as it shut up Eddie Butler ....

Gloating! - Ted

No sympathy from me either, AV. Did the same in the League Cup final until Pellegrini smacked a few legs at half time ! Obviously not hard enough yesterday.

Anyway, good luck to the Wiggies...they are a Gtr Manchester team, after all.

Looking forward to beating Barca 6-0 on Wednesday night....haha. Some piggin hope ! Maybe Altincham or Stockport County would be better for me to support next season !

HO
 Gloating! - Duncan
>> So, as a sign if respect for the England XV for a correct & proper
>> result, I have a new user name :-)
>>

Possibly an inappropriate user name?

I think it was very generous of England to lend Wales their two best players....
Latest Forum Posts