Non-motoring > If WW1 was a bar fight Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 14

If WW1 was a bar fight - bathtub tom
I don't remember it being explained so succinctly at school:

themetapicture.com/if-wwi-was-a-bar-fight/
 If WW1 was a bar fight - Bromptonaut
That is briliant, my Historian kids will love it.
 If WW1 was a bar fight - No FM2R
Excellent
 If WW1 was a bar fight - Armel Coussine
Yes, very funny.
 If WW1 was a bar fight - Alanovich
I still blame the Welsh and the Canadians.
 If WW1 was a bar fight - Cliff Pope
I heard that recently. Very funny, and strangely true to life.

Pub life is perhaps an excellent modelling tool for deeper issues, similar to that water contraption that is reputed to predict the economy more accurately than any bunch of economists.

I loved the way the bar scenario could even accommodate the minor players, like Belgium and Montenegro.
 If WW1 was a bar fight - Ambo
Very witty, thanks for the posting.
 If WW1 was a bar fight - Zero
Thats very good, but there is a description at the front along the lines.

Everyone knows its a rough pub, but went in anyway and started slagging one another off.
 If WW1 was a bar fight - Cliff Pope
>> Thats very good, but there is a description at the front along the lines.
>>
>> Everyone knows its a rough pub, but went in anyway and started slagging one another
>> off.
>>

They ought to have known it was a rough pub (They'd previously been in The American Civil War, and had a quick pint in the Franco-Prussian), but closed their eyes to reality.
Their last words to their wives were "I'll be back soon after closing time".
 If WW1 was a bar fight - CGNorwich
Modern Version

A Russian walks into the Crimea Bar and tell the Ukrainian bar owner to push off.

The Ukrainian says this is my bar, you can't just do that . I will tell my mates. He tells all his American and European friends and neighbours and ask them what can be done and they quietly sidle away muttering to one another that its nothing to do with them.
 If WW1 was a bar fight - zookeeper
www.johndclare.net/causes_WWI1_Blackadderversion.htm
 If WW1 was a bar fight - Mike Hannon
>>The Ukrainian says this is my bar, you can't just do that . I will tell my mates. He tells all his American and European friends and neighbours and ask them what can be done and they quietly sidle away muttering to one another that its nothing to do with them.<<

The Ukrainian, of course, had unceremoniously chucked out the previous owner of the pub a couple of weeks before and was trying to bluff everyone that he had a legal right to the place.
 If WW1 was a bar fight - devonite
The Crimean's are left "russian" around like homeless Chickens because the Russians have their coup!
 If WW1 was a bar fight - CGNorwich
I guess you mean the Tats evicted by that Georgian Stalin. Interesting to speculate what would be different in Ukraine had they joined NATO as seemed very likely just a few years back. Ukraine would have invoked clause 5 of the Treaty and the West would have been bound under the treaty to act in the same way as if their own countries had been invaded - effectively WW3.

Wouldn't have happened of course but NATO would have struggled to avoid the implications of the treaty and its integrity would have been in tatters and would have been seen as a "paper tiger" by Russia.

If WW1 was a bar fight - Mapmaker
>>Wouldn't have happened of course but NATO would have struggled to avoid the implications
>>of the treaty and its integrity would have been in tatters and would have been seen as a
>>"paper tiger" by Russia.

But Russia wouldn't have done it if it had thought that NATO *wasn't* a paper tiger. The Russians want WW3 no more than we do!

Anyway, they've had their plebiscite and now the Americans should stop interfering in matters that are beyond their intelligence or understanding.
Latest Forum Posts