Non-motoring > Torpedoes away! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sooty123 Replies: 10

Torpedoes away! - sooty123
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-26577109

opps!
 Torpedoes away! - Old Navy
When I was a youngster, a few years ago, I was in a submarine which was secured to the jetty top right in the link. We accidentally put an inert torpedo into the caravan park, bottom left in the link. Fortunately it was Winter (few people) and the torpedo ended up neatly between two caravans.

goo.gl/maps/YynKT
Last edited by: Uncle Albert on Fri 14 Mar 14 at 19:15
 Torpedoes away! - Zero
Could be worse, I read somewhere the yanks dropped live atomic bombs by accident somewhere on ther west coast population
I thought it was somewhere in the south? Louisana way? I think it was from a B52, might have been more than one!

Thye don't seem to have had a good run with nukes. I worked with USAF and I remember one of them saying, that B52 that got left unguarded a couple of years ago caused a real stink. As did the latest 'issue' with ICBM crews, drinking and gambling. Mind you if you got posted to the Dakotas, you have to pass the time somehow :)
 Torpedoes away! - bathtub tom
Anyone else hear The Navy Lark theme?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcSdg63G_O4
 Torpedoes away! - borasport
Radio 4, monday 08.30 and repeated several times throughout the day, and on iplayer of course
I recall hearing it when i was young, but not being a fan - now i think its one of the funniest things on 4xtra
- preceded by the funniest - Round the Horne - how did it get made in the days when most of the world was still being filmed in black and white?
 Torpedoes away! - Zero
>> I thought it was somewhere in the south? Louisana way? I think it was from
>> a B52, might have been more than one!
>

You are right, 1961 carolina, two bombs

Thanks. Wasn't too far away.
 Torpedoes away! - Dog
Almeria in Spain can get quite warm, even in January: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Palomares_B-52_crash
 Torpedoes away! - NortonES2
I believe there have been 11 "broken arrow" incidents. More on loss of nukes and material here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_nuclear_accidents Other nuclear bits in the Med undiscovered apparently. B-47 Stratojet, AF Ser. No. 52-534.
 Torpedoes away! - Armel Coussine
Paedos away!

Sorry, just been reading the Sun. Simply couldn't help it. Sorry.
Latest Forum Posts