Non-motoring > Women plumbers Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 16

Women plumbers - BobbyG
I heard an interview with a woman on radio this morning who has a firm of plumbers who are all women.

The name of the firm - Stopcocks !

I thought that was a brilliant name and made me chortle!

www.stopcocks.co.uk
 Women plumbers - Focusless
Website ( www.stopcocks.co.uk/ ) doesn't seem to work very well for me in Chrome - lots of virtually invisible empty drop-down menus for example.
Last edited by: Focusless on Thu 20 Mar 14 at 18:01
 Women plumbers - Slidingpillar
Doesn't work properly in Firefox or IE either! The site relies on a big screen to fit the dropdowns in and if your's isn't big enough (careful...) you've got a problem.

In decent website design, a drop down needs to be limited in size and if it is overly big, another technique should be used.
 Women plumbers - Fenlander
Weird. W8.1 & I.E 11 here and the whole site displays in about half the screen width. No disrespect but quite a lot of their plumbers are fairly new to the game (as in less than a years experience for the lady in our area) and experience does help.
 Women plumbers - Zero
Its ok on a mac with Safari, but well screwed up with Chrome.

Women plumbers - Lygonos
Give it 3 or 4 days and it should be back to normal.
 Women plumbers - Manatee
Seems OK with waterfox.
 Women plumbers - Roger.
Full of high faluting "mission statement" and "core values" rhetoric!
Bleugh !
(Displays fine using Firefox on my W7, 64 bit, 17" laptop.)
 Women plumbers - Slidingpillar
You sure?
Last entry in dropdown for 'Hire a plumber' goes to 'Torpoint'. And since I can't even see that with my desktop which has a pretty large screen, I very much doubt a laptop would get there (mine doesn't).

In case anyone wonders how I know, I looked at the source of the page to find out the end of the list
Last edited by: Slidingpillar on Thu 20 Mar 14 at 22:15
 Women plumbers - Ted

Works fine on Firefox on my 26" screen. Ha ! Mine's bigger than yours !

HO
 Women plumbers - Roger.
www.stopcocks.co.uk/plumber-in-torpoint/
 Women plumbers - Fenlander
Even more weird... on our 23" widescreen I see Aldershot to Torpoint within the height of the screen.
 Women plumbers - No FM2R
Works just fine on my Waterfox / 32" widescreen.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Thu 20 Mar 14 at 23:11
 Women plumbers - No FM2R
Also, if I increase fontsize to stop the whole list appearing, I can hover to cause the drop down to appear and then use the mouse wheel to scroll up and down it.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Thu 20 Mar 14 at 23:13
 Women plumbers - Pat
Works just fine on IE11 and I can scroll the list if I need to, but I can see them all without having to.

Pat
 Women plumbers - Focusless
>> www.stopcocks.co.uk/plumber-in-torpoint/

Following that link, then clicking on the logo in the top left corner results in the home page being displayed complete with menus. But then if I refresh the page, they disappear again!
 Women plumbers - BobbyG
Can I just say I was posting his purely because I thought it was a great name for a women only plumbing firm!!

I really wasn't intending for a full breakdown of the website attributes!!!
Latest Forum Posts