Non-motoring > Albuquerque police Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 12

Albuquerque police - MD
Shooting dead of homeless camper sparks outrage against Albuquerque police - the department that kills more people than the NYPD.

Watch this Appalling MURDER on YouTube. This confirms the yanks are off their heads. Cold blooded Murder, nothing less.
 Albuquerque police - Zero
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tpAZObNZfI
 Albuquerque police - MD
Thanks.
 Albuquerque police - Armel Coussine
Nice to have one's perceptions confirmed after 41 years.

I was passing through Albuquerque on route 66 coming back east in 1973. Stopped in a diner for coffee or something to eat.

Two cops came in and were talking to the counterman at the diner about a hunting rifle he had, nicely chequered woodwork, and he handed it over the counter to one of them who said he had done some of the 'work' - chequer carving or whatever - on the rifle.

The officer then smilingly aimed the rifle straight at the head of the counterman. Everyone in the place thought this was extremely bad form. Later in my notes I wrote the phrase: Albuquerque's psychopathic cops.

Seems they haven't changed.
 Albuquerque police - No FM2R
What actually killed the guy?

Because at least for some of the time they were firing bean bags. Were the first shots a real gun?
Last edited by: No FM2R on Wed 2 Apr 14 at 10:32
 Albuquerque police - Focusless
>> What actually killed the guy?

"A flash-bang device is fired at his feet. A startled Mr Boyd drops his bags and seems to take out a knife. He turns away from the officers, two of whom shoot multiple live rounds into his back."

tinyurl.com/o6x587a (Indie)
 Albuquerque police - Westpig
Some of the reporting needs considerably more balance though, esp the news woman on the clip Zero posted.

Firstly, do I think he should have been shot dead...no, not at all.

However, there are a host of things to consider that can muddy the waters more than has been so far in the coverage.

The US system of law enforcement relies very heavily on compliance and a lot of force if you do not...and they have a considerably higher chance of having to deal with extreme violence by individuals that are armed with firearms.. so interact with their public accordingly.

You only have to look at the stats for how many US cops are killed, to realise they aren't going to go in lightly.

Ultimately though they had bean bags, Tazer, dogs..they could have and should have been used them first.

All I'm really saying is don't try to look at it like you would a scenario over here...things are very different.
 Albuquerque police - MD
He was no threat at that distance. Come off it. Much the same attitude exists in their military. I know several Afghan Vet's and not one of them has a good word to say about the Yank soldiers. Well armed, but no brains.
 Albuquerque police - R.P.
This TV presenter is very opinionated and loud mouthed....who is she the local Coroner ? I think they were over the top....they had plenty of resources there including a Tazer rifle (the one with the yellow stock)....there was more than enough non-lethal force options available to them including what the Americans amusingly call a "K 9" aka a dog.
 Albuquerque police - No FM2R
>>This TV presenter is very opinionated and loud mouthed

I don;t think she is a TV presenter, its her youtube channel.
 Albuquerque police - ToMoCo
>> its her youtube channel.

Called 'Tyt'
 Albuquerque police - Zero
>> This TV presenter is very opinionated and loud mouthed....who is she the local Coroner ?
>> I think they were over the top....they had plenty of resources there including a Tazer
>> rifle (the one with the yellow stock)....there was more than enough non-lethal force options available
>> to them including what the Americans amusingly call a "K 9" aka a dog.

Highly amused by the K9 ( a malinois usually fantastic dogs) that only went in for the bite after the guy was shot. What a terribly badly trained dog and handler, the dog was clearly unsure of its remit, quite nervous (ears back) and wouldn't let go when ordered. The dog should have been released quickly and clearly and if correctly trained would have gone for the guys weapon arm - instantly diffusing the situation.

Albuquerque police - Manatee

>> All I'm really saying is don't try to look at it like you would a
>> scenario over here...things are very different.

The commentators sounded American to me, and they saw it as I think most here would see it.

It is Americans who are protesting and demonstrating there, not feather-bedded Brits.

There are always plausible reasons given when police shoot people unnecessarily, but their job is to be experts who can avoid it. They clearly aren't in New Mexico.
Latest Forum Posts