Non-motoring > She was never going to fall the whole way in Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Westpig Replies: 14

She was never going to fall the whole way in - Westpig
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-26870738
 She was never going to fall the whole way in - rtj70
Surely she should have gone in head/arms first to pick up the phone.... Clearly not thought it through properly ;-)
 She was never going to fall the whole way in - Meldrew
If she went in head first she might have slipped in further and drowned and also would have had no useful means of getting out, feet first. With a chest that size head first wouldn't have been an option anyway!
 She was never going to fall the whole way in - rtj70
(1) I was joking but (2) going in feet first she must have thought she'd get all of the way into the drain to get the phone.

Head first would have got her a Darwin award.
 She was never going to fall the whole way in - Manatee
>> (1) I was joking but (2) going in feet first she must have thought she'd
>> get all of the way into the drain to get the phone.
>>
>> Head first would have got her a Darwin award.

Perhaps she has prehensile feet, with which she hoped to grapple the 'phone?
 She was never going to fall the whole way in - Cliff Pope
Good publicity - she'll probably go into modelling.

She's got a great future ahead of her.
 She was never going to fall the whole way in - VxFan
>> Clearly not thought it through properly ;-)

The hair colour explains all.
 She was never going to fall the whole way in - Pat
:)

I did that when I was 6 years old and lived in a little Lincolnshire village called Market Stainton. (Mapmaker will know it)

I had walked across the village green to the village shop to get my comic and on the way back there was a drain cover removed by the council mowing machine.

It seemed ages that I was down there shouting before anyone heard me and when they did, no-one could reach me.

Someone fetched a long handled broom and I was curtly told to grip the end tightly while they pulled me back up again.

I did smell a bit when I got out!

....and a second time, I was at the Birds Eye canning factory in Lowestoft delivering a load of fresh garden peas in the middle of the night (field to frozen within 6 hours is true)

Three of us drivers were waiting to be tipped as they had broken down in the factory when we saw a boat with lights on going by and decided to walk to the waters edge to have a better look. I was in the middle and nattering away in the dark.
According to them, the next minute I had gone!

A slurry drain cover had been left off and I was in it with just my head showing and two lorry drivers standing looking convulsed in laughter:)

Grazed knees and boobs and absolutely covered in slurry.

I miss those times....

Pat
 She was never going to fall the whole way in - Cliff Pope
When I was small my grandfather used to tell tall stories and make up improbable theories, and he used to warn me always to spread my arms wide when crossing a drain just in case I fell in.
He then proceeded to carry out his own advice, and walked down the high street with his arms out. I was intrigued but still doubtful.
 She was never going to fall the whole way in - No FM2R
P'raps its just me; but she said that she wasn't stuck as such, she was just lower than she expected and didn't have the leverage from her arms to get herself out.

Apparently she also thought she'd be able to reach down past her legs to pick up the phone.

Daft of course, but I've been there.

She was never going to fall the whole way in - Zero
>> P'raps its just me; but she said that she wasn't stuck as such, she was
>> just lower than she expected and didn't have the leverage from her arms to get
>> herself out.
>>
>> Apparently she also thought she'd be able to reach down past her legs to pick
>> up the phone.
>>
>> Daft of course, but I've been there.

Not in a sober way.
 She was never going to fall the whole way in - MD
At least she tried, without resorting to whingeing on about F/A and expecting someone else to 'sort it'. Funny though. She may 'come good'. STOP IT NOW!
>>Not in a sober way

And therein lies a core difficulty in my life.
 She was never going to fall the whole way in - Roger.
>> P'raps its just me; but she said that she wasn't stuck as such, she was
>> just lower than she expected and didn't have the leverage from her arms to get
>> herself out.
>>
>> Apparently she also thought she'd be able to reach down past her legs to pick
>> up the phone.
>>
>> Daft of course, but I've been there.
>>
>>
>>

So you know her then? ;-)
8-)
Latest Forum Posts