Non-motoring > National leader for the advancing century Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 9

National leader for the advancing century - Armel Coussine
Beer-guzzling, chainsmoking Nigel Farage says he hates drugs and has never taken any. He also leads a party whose name implies that the UK isn't independent and says he should be allowed to argue with real grown-up politicians on TV.

If no one here wants the job, this worthy and deeply intellectual man should be given the chance to lead our great country through the shoals of the coming century. But I fear the dead weight of tradition, of bigotry, may prove too much of an obstacle.
 National leader for the advancing century - Roger.
Good lunch was it, AC? :-)
I seldom eat lunch and never touch a drop of alcohol before 6pm. Anyway one doesn't need to be drunk to admire a man who doesn't know what drugs are and thinks this country isn't independent, surely?

:o}
 National leader for the advancing century - madf
It's ALWAYS 6pm in the world - somewhere.

I only drink alcohol when awake.. as opposed to an arbitrary and easily circumvented time restriction...
 National leader for the advancing century - Lygonos
>>I only drink alcohol when awake.. as opposed to an arbitrary and easily circumvented time restriction...

Dude, move into the 21st Century.

Hook up a bag of scotch and fire it in intravenously while you sleep.
In hospital for a minor operation years ago now, the staff pricked up their ears when they asked me how much I drank and I told them. They were getting ready to give me a therapeutic dose of brandy out of the bottle they had, to prevent me from freaking out and disrupting the ward with uncouth cries and thrashing about.

Tsk. Never felt less like a drink in my life. Nevertheless disrupted the ward with puking and hawking in the small hours, thanks to the procedure.
 National leader for the advancing century - No FM2R
>> when they asked me how much I drank and I told them

The truth? I ask because I've never quite had the balls to do that.
 National leader for the advancing century - NortonES2
It's not a good idea anyway, as they tend to double it, to correct for under-reporting. Judging by their own habits generally:) Except for those who abstain totally, who triple the units.
 National leader for the advancing century - Bromptonaut
>> It's not a good idea anyway, as they tend to double it, to correct for
>> under-reporting. Judging by their own habits generally:) Except for those who abstain totally, who triple
>> the units.

Jeez. I they doubled mine I'd be sent straight to the liver ward, no passing Go.
 National leader for the advancing century - Ambo
I worked for a while as education instructor in an army sanatorium. Other Rank patients got a beer ration of two bottles every night. Officer patients probably got a bigger choice. Champagne was allegedly at hand for the dying.

As for Farage, I can't see him getting a lot further in leadership without a back-up team of notable politicians and a comprehensive programme for the entire country.

Latest Forum Posts