Non-motoring > Flight MH370 - Volume 4 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 47

Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - VxFan
Continuing discussion
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - Roger.
No posts yet.
Has the news value faded at last?
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - sherlock47
The following movie plot can temporarily fill the void in News coverage...

drgauravpradhan.blogspot.fr/2014/03/malaysia-airlines-mh370-crash-planned.html

Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - No FM2R
My computer *really* didn't like that link.

Was it my computer having a funny moment or is there something up with that site?
Loads ok here - maybe because it is an old XP machine with only MSE for protection :)

or alternatively someone in South America has an angle and has blocked all internet access?
Last edited by: sherlock47 on Tue 8 Apr 14 at 19:58
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - madf
OK here..

If that hypothesis is correct, the plan will never be recovered.. the US has the best deep sea technology.
Its fine for me now as well. Must have just been a funny moment.
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - Fursty Ferret
"The cargo and the black box were removed. The passengers were silenced via natural means, lack of oxygen. They believe only dead person will not talk. The MH370 with dead passengers were air borne again via remote control and soft landing crashed into South Indian Ocean, make it to believe that the plane eventually ran out of fuel and crashed, and blame the defiant captain and co-pilot."

Sounds like he's from the same bunch of nut-jobs who whine on about chemtrails.
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - Meldrew
Technology does not exist and/or could not have been fitted in time, to allow a remote control take off, just for a start
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - Westpig
As bad as govts must be...and black ops stuff would probably surprise most of us.....there's no way any Western Govt is going to sanction the deliberate deaths of hundreds of people in circs like that.
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - Bromptonaut
>> As bad as govts must be...and black ops stuff would probably surprise most of us.....there's
>> no way any Western Govt is going to sanction the deliberate deaths of hundreds of
>> people in circs like that.

Are you sure about that - leastways if casualties are not westerners?

>> Are you sure about that - leastways if casualties are not westerners?
>>

Although times and circumstances have changed, not sure the (dead)ex-residents of Coventry would have subscribed to that view.
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - Cliff Pope
>>there's
>> no way any Western Govt is going to sanction the deliberate deaths of hundreds of
>>

You are very trusting, aren't you?

I think it's exactly what they would do, and rightly so if the stakes were important enough.
I can't quite see what they were in this case, however.
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - Zero
>> As bad as govts must be...and black ops stuff would probably surprise most of us.....there's

They would, but they wouldn't do it in that manner. The main flaw in that guys theory is quite fundamental. It would be far easier to blow the plane up, blame some radical group and achieve the same result and have far less scrutiny.
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - Robin O'Reliant
Rule one -

Every major event from Kennedy to this will have plenty of people who can offer conclusive proof that it was an inside job.
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-31039460

The Malaysian government has officially declared the disappearance of Malaysian Airline flight MH370 an accident and has said that there were no survivors.

Officials said that the recovery operation is ongoing
The declaration should allow compensation payments to relatives of the victims.
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - wokingham
There is no recovery operation, it is still a search.
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - spamcan61
>> There is no recovery operation, it is still a search.
>>
You do wonder how much longer they'll keep this up, given that the chances of ever finding any wreckage are as close to zero as makes no difference.
>> >> There is no recovery operation, it is still a search.
>> >>
>> You do wonder how much longer they'll keep this up, given that the chances of
>> ever finding any wreckage are as close to zero as makes no difference.

To find it they need to know where it went down. They claim to know the area, but I have my doubts, seems to be mostly guesswork to me. I doubt they will find in any time soon, if ever. Why no surface wreckage?

The interesting thing is the bleeping they heard at one point assuming it was the black box, then they said it had been identified and everyone went very tight lipped about it. Clearly something was down there that no-one wants to admit, probably a sub but who's?
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - wokingham
Even if they find wreckage, then what? They are unlikely to to find out more than whether it hit the water in one piece or in several, the positions of comms and electronics switches will be almost impossible, unless they can locate and recover at least the cockpit. The search area is al very deep water isn't it?
>> Even if they find wreckage, then what? They are unlikely to to find out more
>> than whether it hit the water in one piece or in several, the positions of
>> comms and electronics switches will be almost impossible, unless they can locate and recover at
>> least the cockpit. The search area is al very deep water isn't it?

The black box will tell them all that

If they find it.
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - mikeyb
Aircrash investigations are fascinating. It really is amazing what they can piece together, and the facts that can be deduced from the wreckage
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - Bromptonaut
>> Aircrash investigations are fascinating. It really is amazing what they can piece together, and the
>> facts that can be deduced from the wreckage

Yep. I remember a book I read in early seventies called 'Aircrash Detective'. Written in sixties it covered events from just post war until troubles with first generation jets.

As long ago as fifties they'd been able to ascertain whether warning light X was lit at at a Vickers Viking's impact by controlled flight into terrain by the oxidation of bulb's filament.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Fri 30 Jan 15 at 21:02
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - Old Navy
A piece of aircraft wing has been found near Madagascar.

Sorry about the DM speculation.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3178978/Debris-floating-Indian-Ocean-missing-Malaysia-Airlines-flight-370.html
>> A piece of aircraft wing has been found near Madagascar.
>>
>> Sorry about the DM speculation.
>>
>> www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3178978/Debris-floating-Indian-Ocean-missing-Malaysia-Airlines-flight-370.html

Its come ashore in the right area if the plane crashed in the south equatorial current.
Its very thin in cross section, certainly not part of the main fixed wing, could be part of one of the flaps i guess
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 29 Jul 15 at 20:05
A bit more detail here. (Scroll down)

www.express.co.uk/news/world/594738/Malaysia-Airlines-MH370-wreckage-found-missing-jet
DT reckons a flaperon. Very convincing diagram.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/11771229/MH370-wreckage-found-on-Reunion-matches-Malaysia-Airlines-flight.html
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - sooty123
Hopefully the id plate is still on there. If it is it will be a simple matter of knowing whether it's from mh370.
From an aviation forum

Julien Delarue, a journalist with Journal de L’île de la Réunion, sends this update from the island:
A mechanic from the Réunion-based airline Air Austral told local journalists he had studied the debris with French military officials and concluded with 99.9% certainty that it originated from a Boeing 777.
He said the debris was stamped with 657-BB, a number that could be used to identify a part and the plane to which it belonged.
(This number is different to that cited by Australia’s deputy PM just now; he mentioned BB670. Once we have clarity on that, I’ll update.)
This makes more sense then the serial numbers quoted earlier.

en.calameo.com/read/0003162864c5d46c7d25f
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - Ambo
How come this large chunk of metal has floated? Does it have a closed-cell structure? Is it packed with buoyant material? Does it have an empty fuel tank?
I didn't think it was metal. Isn't it carbon fibre or similar?
>> I didn't think it was metal. Isn't it carbon fibre or similar?

Prpbably not, this 777 was 12 years old when it was lost so not that "hi tech"
>> >> I didn't think it was metal. Isn't it carbon fibre or similar?
>>
>> Prpbably not, this 777 was 12 years old when it was lost so not that
>> "hi tech"
>>

Aircraft manufacturers have been using composite materials for decades, so yes, it would have floated.

Making fuselage and wing spar sections from composite is still a fairly novel idea though.
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - Slidingpillar
How come this large chunk of metal has floated?

Ask most owners of a ship! Tis all about weight and displacement.
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - smokie
This from today's Beeb report

"Australian officials and Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak have said the location of the debris on Reunion was consistent with drift analysis provided to investigators"

which when taken in conjunction with the accompanying graphic to me is suggesting that their initial search location remains correct and the part has travelled to the very outer edge of their prediction and twice as quickly.

After a year of searching this is the only find, and this has come to them rather than them locating it. Maybe they were simply looking in the wrong place all along, I wonder why they've not mentioned that as a possibility?

Map - tinyurl.com/qzwxkp8
Last edited by: smokie on Sat 1 Aug 15 at 07:35
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - Manatee
Odd that absolutely nothing has been found washed up in, or around, western Australia - unless there is very little flotsam, or it just didn't crash in the search area.

The flaperon is an external appendage so possible I suppose that it could detach without a full breakup, perhaps in a flaps down controlled ditching.
>> Odd that absolutely nothing has been found washed up in, or around, western Australia -
>> unless there is very little flotsam, or it just didn't crash in the search area.

Its not odd really, that graphic is very misleading. The predominant drift is east to west. Away from Australia. If it had the unscheduled sea interface incident on the eastern edge of the search area, it wouldn't come anywhere near Aus.
>>>"the unscheduled sea interface incident"<<<

Z, you really are missing your vocation - quit the trainspotting and pseudo techy stuff and get a job in marketing :)
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - Ambo
>>How come this large chunk of metal has floated? Does it have a closed-cell structure?

An aeronautical engineer now tells me that aircraft components may in fact have closed cells.
Looks like it will be the default "Blame the pilot".

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3450821/Investigators-hunting-MH370-set-revive-theory-rogue-pilot-crashed-jet-don-t-plane-current-search-zone.html
>> Looks like it will be the default "Blame the pilot".

Think its pretty clear, that in the absence of proof of alien abduction, it was the crews actions. . Nothing default about it.
tinyurl.com/he84fc7
NBC News. Another part found ?
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - Ted

Look at the following news film....toddler falls out of van on busy road.
Yet another part found at at Mosselbay South Africa.
That is about half way east along the Garden Route from Cape Town, about four and a half hour drive.

A fragment with part of a Rolls Royce logo on a small fragment of ( engine cowling ?)
Every little bit that turns up in a different place is another clue to where it hit the soup.

Mind, airplanes are regularly shedding little bits of themselves all over the world.
The part that has been found.

tinyurl.com/h3aont3
 Flight MH370 - Volume 4 - sooty123
Looks like carbon fibre and fibre glass.
Latest Forum Posts