Non-motoring > another tasteless execution! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: devonite Replies: 31

another tasteless execution! - devonite
On the whim of an apparent power-crazed nutter, a whole family has been machine gunned, an Army leader obliterated by mortar-bomb, another chap (of some rank) fed to starving dogs, and now the latest story emerging is that a friend of the recently purged Uncle has been executed by Flame-thrower!

The West (USA) usually seem quite keen to "stick their noses" into countries where the leaders are seen to be committing atrocities, why are we not sending thousands of troops in to kick-butt as we usually do?
 another tasteless execution! - Roger.
(a) Not our business
(b) We do not have the capability.
(c) China is too close.
(d) We are broke.
 another tasteless execution! - legacylad
(C)not true

China is a long way from Lancashire
 another tasteless execution! - Zero
(a) Not our business
(b) Not our business
(c) Not our business
(d) Not our business
(e) who cares WTF happens in NK?
 another tasteless execution! - Fursty Ferret
>> (a) Not our business
>> (b) Not our business
>> (c) Not our business
>> (d) Not our business
>> (e) who cares WTF happens in NK?
>>
>>

Wot he said. Although I do care, I also accept that my ability to do anything is absolutely zilch.

The book "The Aquariums of Pyongyang" is worth a read, if only to discover how backwards and contemptible the regime is.
 another tasteless execution! - Manatee
We could be very busy if we had to sort out the world's injustices.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/10751110/Christians-in-Pakistan-sentenced-to-death-over-a-text.html
We shouldn't necessarily take the reports as gospel anyway.

goo.gl/twwlgG

another tasteless execution! - legacylad
Yeah sometimes life really sucks.
The only thing the average Joe can do is his best and do unto others as you would hope they would do to you. That at least allows me to sleep at night.
 another tasteless execution! - Dog
>>(e) who cares WTF happens in NK?

SK.
 another tasteless execution! - Alanovich
All these stories are substantiated, corroborated, proven and accepted as fact, of course.
 another tasteless execution! - Cliff Pope
It's an extraordinary situation that it should be in everybody's interests to report and believe these stories.

NK starts some of them to instil fear into the elite - a standard Stalinist technique.
SK starts or eagerly reports them because it believes showing NK in a bad light helps their own cause.
China helps spread them because they enjoy mischief-making, and are biding their time in deciding whether to support or squash NK.
The West reports them because it sells newspapers and we all love ghoulish stories.
 another tasteless execution! - Armel Coussine
One very progressive North Korean move (if it wasn't just invented by bored hacks) is the edict that all men in NK must imitate the leader's hairstyle.

Something similar would be a good thing here. Imagine what fun we would all have doing our damnedest to resemble, say, Boris Johnson, or Ed Balls who has quite a good haircut actually.

And it would give a much-needed boost to the British rug industry. Saw a bloke in the quack's waiting room last week who seemed to have a random piece of black sheepskin slapped rakishly on top of his head. North Korea has much to teach us.
 another tasteless execution! - Runfer D'Hills
I had a colleague who we all suspected wore a wig but no one had had the heart to ask.

One day I was walking towards a wet windy NEC exhibition centre car park when he swung by in his car and stuck his head out of the window to offer me a lift to my car as the weather was wild and I didn't have a coat.

The wind got under his wig and it took off down the car park like tumbleweed. I ran after it but every time I got near the wind caught it again and off it went. Eventually I trapped it with my foot but by now it was soaking.

I picked it up and walked back towards the guy's car trying so very hard to hold it together.

He thanked me sheepishly and somehow, God knows how, I managed to maintain some decorum. The subject of the lift was never pursued and he sped off with what by now looked like a wet dead animal on his head.

As soon as he was out of sight I involuntarily sank to my knees in the pouring rain and could do nothing but pound the ground with my fists and attempt to breath often enough to survive the extended bout of hysterics.

Another colleague found me like this and was concerned that I was unwell. I tried to explain to him how I found myself in a rain storm in a car park in my best suit on my hands and knees unable to speak coherently but failed miserably.
 another tasteless execution! - Cliff Pope
I had a boss once who wore a wig, and everyone knew he did, and he knew we knew, but no one ever said anything. It was always a good idea to cough slightly before entering his room just in case he might have been checking it was straight in his mirror, which he compulsively did quite a lot.

He was called Peter, and his complaint was I think alopecia. We sometimes joked about mateyly addressing him as "Alloa, Peter", but no one ever dared, even at the office party.
 another tasteless execution! - Haywain
"I had a colleague……….."

A truly wonderful story - I could picture the scene!
The unpleasant Frank Sinatra wore an ill-fitting rug at a cocky angle. I imagine anyone who mentioned it in his presence was taken round the corner by his friends-of-friends and had their legs broken.
 another tasteless execution! - MD
>> The unpleasant Frank Sinatra wore an ill-fitting rug at a cocky angle. I imagine anyone
>> who mentioned it in his presence was taken round the corner by his friends-of-friends and
>> had their legs broken.
>>
Hair today.......Gorn tomorrow.
 another tasteless execution! - borasport
Never understood the sort of self-delusion necessary to believe that nobody will know it's a wig your wearing
I once had a summer job in a heavy industrial environment and there was a guy with a conspicuous ginger wig (the grey growing under the sides was a dead giveaway). He didn't get much sympathy from the rest of the workforce, what with being a persistent god-botherer, given to wandering up behind people using heavy machinery and asking 'will you let jesus into your life today'

He was universally referred to as 'Ernie in the pink (insert adjective of choice) crash helmet'
Always a joy to spot a dodgy syrup. The wearers should be commended for their services to entertainment.
 another tasteless execution! - Pat
I don't know why they bother, bald men are sexy....

Pat
 another tasteless execution! - No FM2R
Same reason women diet, I guess. However they look is one thing, how they feel is another.
>>bald men are sexy....

What, like William Hague :(
 another tasteless execution! - Roger.
AC/DC? (Alleged)
>>AC/DC? (Alleged)

No surprise there really, since they've got into bed with the Limp Dems.
>> I don't know why they bother, bald men are sexy....
>>
>> Pat
>>
On deck or down below Pat?
 another tasteless execution! - Westpig
>> On deck or down below Pat?
>>

Yellow card
Noted.
 another tasteless execution! - No FM2R
Personally I think that should've been a straight red, it was deliberate low tackle after all.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 8 Apr 14 at 21:41
Pat. I apologise unreservedly.

MD
That's a very perfunctory apology. I think you should resign.

Heh heh...
Would you prefer that I drove to the Fens? I have had an excellent dinner you know.
 another tasteless execution! - Pat
MD, I've exchanged far worse comments than that with builders when trying to back an artic load of bricks to the back of their building site!!

'You want it where...?'

I wasn't at all fazed, just ignored it to discourage it from 'developing' and appreciated WP's gallantry:)

You can cook my dinner anytime too!

Pat
Latest Forum Posts