Non-motoring > Hitler Raging - Downfall Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 5

Hitler Raging - Downfall - Zero
You have all seen the Hitler raging at various things on youtube, well the original film this came from, Downfall, is on BBC4 tonight at 21:00. Being BBC4 it will be repeated quite a bit in the coming weeks. All in German so will be subtitles, its a very very good film indeed.
 Hitler Raging - Downfall - R.P.
It is. Classic.
 Hitler Raging - Downfall - legacylad
Agreed. An excellent film, but just in from a full on 9 hours in the shop then mowing 4 lawns in exchange for beer tokens. Too pooped to watch so it's Shredded Wheat and bed.
Thanks for the heads up though
 Hitler Raging - Downfall - Dog
Seen it before moosh, got it on again though AND it's in HD of course.

Just watched Ali knock out Foreman in Zaire, great stuff.

Jamaica Inn on Monday - yeehaw!
 Hitler Raging - Downfall - Meldrew
I recorded it and watched it the next day, with coffee and bicuits! A mesmerising performance by Bruno Ganz and factually very accurate so far as I could tell. Hitler giving orders for the disposition of non-existet or decimated Army Groups for example. Some very well cast "Look alikes" too, Gobbbels and his wife and Himmler come to mind.
 Hitler Raging - Downfall - Ted

I didn't see it but I have it on VCR tape. I thought it was a brilliant film, very atmospheric and well acted.

My only whinge is that I thought the actor who played Joe Goebbels was mis-cast. IIRC. The Reichsminister was quite a short guy with a gimpy leg. The actor seemed to tower over the rest of the cast. No complaint about his acting, though.
Latest Forum Posts