Non-motoring > Red button snooker Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 6

Red button snooker - Crankcase
I used to watch the snooker back in the day. I won't maunder on about all that, but this year, after probably a twenty year absence, I thought I'd look at the World Championships and see if I can get interested again.

However, of course, the match I watched was just getting exciting and the BBC wanted to change to a cowboy movie. However, they said I could press the red button. Last time I tried the red button was about five years ago, when it didn't work well at all. Clunky and slow.

Well, the red button now does nothing at all for me. Just doesn't work. Does it work for anyone else? Trying to see if it's Virgin being a problem or whether the BBC servers have keeled over under the weight of a hundred million people all at once. Well, six anyway.

What does it do for you, if you have it?
 Red button snooker - Rudedog
Try finding channel 301 that's where the Red button coverage lives, I've just tried it and there is snooker being shown right now.
You star.. That channel is something called VMTakeover, with nothing showing, but your clue lead me to channel 991, and I'm seeing the match again. Who knew? Well, you did, clearly.

Thanks!

Red button snooker - Harleyman
Try pressing the following sequence of buttons;

Red
Black
Red
Black
Yellow
Green
Blue
Black

Use your imagination for brown and pink. ;-)

HTH
 Red button snooker - Ted

If you get stuck for a particular sport try this....

cricfree.tv/bt-sport-1.php

Snooker on today, also footy ,touring cars, baseball, basketball, curling, rugby....just about any sport. Free !

Click on 'schedule ', then see what's on on the list that appears to the right.
After not seeing snooker for very many years, I was worried that on tuning in this year it would all be razzamatazz and fast paced camera work.

I needn't have worried. The match today is refereed by the same ref from 19 years ago, against the same two players from nineteen years ago that were his first match back then.. The commentators are the old perennials from nineteen years ago too.

The ref just knocked a bottle of water over which resulted in a flood of anecdotes about the 1970s, and a number of lingering shots of a puddle. And so far I've counted four people asleep.

It's like a time machine. I couldn't be happier.

Red button snooker - Stuartli
I'd seriously advise anyone to avoid that website link......
Latest Forum Posts