Non-motoring > Peregrine Falcon Webcam Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 8

Peregrine Falcon Webcam - Pat
www.ntu.ac.uk/ecoweb/biodiversity/falcons/index.html

Three have hatched today and one egg still to go. They are being fed as I post this so if you're quick.....!

Pat
 Peregrine Falcon Webcam - CGNorwich
Similar from the spire of Norwich cathedral. Amazing how peregrines have recovered and are now widely spread across the UK. Saw my first Osprey in Norfolk last week. Shows what intelligent conservation can do.

upp.hawkandowl.org/norwich-peregrines/live-norwich-cathedral-peregrine-web-cam-2014/
 Peregrines - Bromptonaut
>> Similar from the spire of Norwich cathedral. Amazing how peregrines have recovered and are now
>> widely spread across the UK.

Buzzards too. When we moved here 25yrs ago they were a rarity now they're rarely absent. Widespread too, been on post Easter Vac Uni taxi duty this week and loads of them around between here, Liverpool and Sheffield.

Also seeing the odd Red Kite though whether they're ranging from the Chiltern or Rockingham communities I don't know.
 Peregrine Falcon Webcam - Manatee
Missed the hatching and the feeding even though I've been looking at this a couple of times a day.

Caught a glimpse or two of the sprogs, and the remaining egg.

Where's the other one do you think? How long does it take a peregrine falcon to catch a pigeon in Nottingham?

Peregrine Falcon Webcam - Runfer D'Hills
>> How long does it take a peregrine falcon to catch a pigeon in Nottingham?

That has just reminded me of a question I got in a maths lesson in 1972. Except it was about numbers of men digging holes in roads of course...

As you were. Nothing to see here.
Although a lot is made of the flying skills and speed of the Peregrine Falcon lets have a bit of respect for the humble pigeon. Only 1 in 3 attacks by Peregrines are successful and pigeons have an amazing ability to take last minute avoiding action.
 Peregrine Falcon Webcam - Runfer D'Hills
If you want pigeons to crap all over someone's parked car just sprinkle some breadcrumbs on the roof. Works with seagulls and caravans too but they prefer crusts.

Peregrine Falcon Webcam - Stuartli
>> Only 1 in 3 attacks by Peregrines are successful and pigeons have an amazing ability to take last minute avoiding action. >>

More likely to be sparrow hawks in my area. Regularly nab the pigeons and ring necked doves who nest at the bottom of the garden in the Leylandii and conifers.
That would be Collared rather than Ring Necked I believe. Sparrow Hawks seem particularly fond of them - there are plenty of doves to go round: they are becoming quite a pest in some places.
Latest Forum Posts