Non-motoring > Last minute holiday websites Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 5

Last minute holiday websites - legacylad
Just had a call from a good pal of mine..we often ski together but too late this season. He has brownie points in the bank for a week away from his family so suggests we fly later this week.
Probably head to the Canaries for sun. Any suggestions please for the best last minute websites?
 Last minute holiday websites - smokie
SunshineStacey often posts very cheap late deals on hotukdeals.com e.g. this www.hotukdeals.com/deals/majorca-8-nights-inclusive-119pp-price-includes-hotel-with-meals-drinks-flights-1889260

But cheap may not be what you are after.
 Last minute holiday websites - No FM2R
I use lastminute.com & ebookers.com

But I'm not sure it matters which site you use, they all seem to vary week by week. Availability and quality seem far more difficult to obtain than cheap.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sun 27 Apr 14 at 22:11
 Last minute holiday websites - rtj70
Quite a few websites create package holidays these days so you get ATOL protection. We've used (once each):

- www.bookableholidays.com and
- www.lowcostholidays.com

Plenty of others offer the same. Also used booking.com a few times to book accommodation.
 Last minute holiday websites - bathtub tom
lowcostholidays are no longer based in the UK (now Spain IIRC) and as such customers no longer benefit from the protection of a UK company.

A cynic may think they made the move to avoid litigation.........................................
 Last minute holiday websites - rtj70
Interesting to know BT. Thanks for that. We used them earlier last year to go to the Algarve. The ATOL bit might not put me off - or lack of it - but you could sort out the flights, transfers, accommodation etc yourself.

We have also used ResortHoppa for transfers. For Portugal we got a manic driver from Faro to Albuferra. Okay back. From Herraklion to resort it was a shared taxi and the luggage didn't quite fit in the boot..... Bungee ropes to the rescue.... Back to the airport was a coach which took a while. But I'd use them again. Cost very reasonable.
Latest Forum Posts