Non-motoring > Due warning Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 12

Due warning - Crankcase
Haribo sugar free Gummi bears.

I don't know whether the Andrea story or the small plane story is worse, but in the interests of sanity take due warning.

www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-Bears-Sugar-Free/product-reviews/B000EVQWKC/ref=dpx_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

Due warning - WillDeBeest
Also note the ingredients: 'corn syrup, sugar...'

Never liked Haribo much anyway. Didn't even bother to steal them from the Beestlings' party bags. Jelly Babies, on the other hand...
 Due warning - Bromptonaut
Sorbitol, widely used in sugar free sweets this side of the pond has a similar effect.
 Due warning - Cliff Pope
Sugar-substitute products are not very nice, I've decided.

I used to love Sugar Puffs, and the way they stayed crunchy even when drenched in milk.
But new S-Ps seem to emphasise the honey rather than the sugar, aren't very sweet, and go soggy instantly.
They don't even stay crunchy in the packet, but turn into limp and tasteless Puffed Wheat.
 Due warning - NortonES2
I've used sorbitol, only on porridge as a substitute, but have given it up. Hadn't noticed any ill-effects, but am now even less likely to use it! I take very little sugar. Except for dark chocolate, for medicinal purposes, and fruitcake...
 Due warning - Dog
>> I take very little sugar. Except for dark chocolate, for medicinal purposes, and fruitcake...

Same ere as it appens - I gave up adding white death to my tea 12 years ago.

Stevia is bueno they say but, one ones sweet tooth eventually, doesn't one.

:}
 Due warning - NortonES2
When home left me, (new job in another town for father who announced out of the blue that I would be free to go) and I was thrown onto my own resources. I dropped sugar as it wasn't absolutely necessary. Weened quite quickly, which surprised me.
 Due warning - CGNorwich
Not a good idea to add a lot of sugar to your diet but you do have to remember that all carbohydrates and complex sugars like sucrose are turned into simple sugars by the digestive system. Thus a piece of bread or a potato will end up giving you energy or being stored as fat in the same way as a spoonful of sugar will.

Sugar is not inherently bad. It's just that we can eat so much of it so quickly.

Due warning - Dog
www.amazon.co.uk/Pure-White-And-Deadly-killing/dp/0241965284
 Due warning - VxFan
Customers who bought this also bought:
Pepto-Bismol
4 pack of baby wipes
Stomach pump
Air Freshener
Coffee straws
Gatorade
Bullets
 Due warning - Manatee
Corn Syrup, Sugar, Gelatin, Dextrose, Citric Acid, Corn Starch, Artificial and Natural Flavors, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Carnauba Wax, Beeswax Coating, Artificial Colors Yellow 5, Red 40, Blue 1

The active ingredient must be included in "Artificial ... Flavours".

Not much in there towards the 5 a day.

It all went wrong around 2009 when people stopped buying cream cakes on their birthdays and started bringing a tub of Haribo mix into the office.

I blame the EU.
 Due warning - Bromptonaut

>> The active ingredient must be included in "Artificial ... Flavours".

There may be an element of being less than frank about the corn syrup and how it's processed to produce the branded sweetener Lycasin. It's a component of lycasin that causes the err symptoms.

The reviews refer to US/Amazon.com. I suspect in Europe labelling regulations would require Lycasin to be specifically declared (like Sorbitol is) and with a warning as to risks of excessive consumption. I thank the EU!!

Once had a similar episode with some sugar free 'coolmints' picked up on a trip to the Lakes. Let's just say it's a good job the cubicle in Keswick's public loo was not occupied when I arrived.

Mrs B thought I'd eaten quite a lot of the mints and perhaps I did but half a pack of Polo never had that effect.
 Due warning - Cliff Pope

>> but half a pack of Polo never had that effect.
>>

Half the pack is air anyway.
Latest Forum Posts