Non-motoring > Hozelock threaded tap adaptors Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 12

Hozelock threaded tap adaptors - Manatee
Our last remaining orange coloured adaptor has just succumbed and fallen apart.

If anybody is prepared to admit to being a garden hose expert, what is the spec for these? I suspect the tap is 5/8" BSP (Hozelock 3/4" tap connectors now only seem to come with a white 1/2" adaptor).

The Head Gardener has come back from B&Q with an assortment, none of which fit. That's my fault I think.

Hozelock threaded tap adaptors - Cliff Pope
I don't know the thread size, but I have just bought a brass one on-line.

Hozelock is a good idea, flawed by using self-destructing plastic. The brass kind are interchangeable.
 Hozelock threaded tap adaptors - Runfer D'Hills
I have a chrome plated brass Hozelock adaptor ( sniff ) Well, it is Cheshire you know...

;-)

Actually it was bought when my dog was a pup and had chewed the old plastic one off the garden tap.
 Hozelock threaded tap adaptors - smokie
Hozelock part 2158 is 1" adapter, BSP, and is yellow
Hozelock part 2178 is a 3/4" BSP connector in yellow which comes with a while adapter for 1/2" taps
Hozelock part 2042 is a 1" version in Nickel Plated Brass

Bill does a useful video for the feeble minded of how to connect a hose to a tap using their product.www.hozelock.com/hozelock-videos1/watering-how-to-videos-2/fitting-a-hosepipe-to-a-garden-tap-using-a-hozelock-2175-tap-connector.html

Looks like your tap isn't standard... :-)
Last edited by: smokie on Sun 4 May 14 at 18:24
 Hozelock threaded tap adaptors - sherlock47
In France LIDL were doing at set of (4) brass adapters/connectors under the FLORABEST label for €6.50, which is incredibly good value. Actually 'made in Germany' and very good quality and full compatability. About 30% of the UK price for similar items. I made a mistake of assuming that there still be some there the next day, after I had checked out the quality.

BUT Available on line at tinyurl.com/n5b5l3u

They are must in France (here) because the water pressure is so high it blows off the genuine Hzlk plastic connectors, even when fitted with new sealing washers.

Hozelock threaded tap adaptors - Boxsterboy
Yes I just upgraded 2 degraded plastic Hozelock tap adapters with their shiny metal ones - in theory they should last longer and look nice and shiny - for a while (well, this is Surrey).
 Hozelock threaded tap adaptors - maltrap
I bought a brass set in Lidl (uk) about 10 days ago, £4.99.
 Hozelock threaded tap adaptors - CGNorwich
Hozelock do not make a 5/8 tap adaptor as you have discovered. You can however buy one on line at:

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000TAWAYK/ref%3Doh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks CGN. I've ordered one on spec. I can't see what else it could be.
 Hozelock threaded tap adaptors - Stuartli
If you have a JTF cash and carry store near you (they are open to the public), it is currently carrying a range of multi-function hose and tap connectors for around a £1 or so each. But I agree that the brass equivalents are far superior.
Last edited by: Stuartli on Mon 5 May 14 at 15:31
 Hozelock threaded tap adaptors - CGNorwich
You don't see 5/8 taps much now. I guess you have an older property. There was one on my Dad' s old house.
The bungly hole was built in 1951, but the tap is on a bit of the house that probably dates from the mid late 60s/early 70s.
 Hozelock threaded tap adaptors - Haywain
I bought a brass set down at Aldi yesterday - also £4.99. The tap fitting appears to be 1" with an adaptor to take it down to 3/4" if necessary.
Latest Forum Posts