Non-motoring > Walk on by Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 10

Walk on by - Crankcase
So, the message here is clearly - for prompt medical assistance, wear a suit, not a woolly hat.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGPjUyVtTQw

The only time I saw someone in a similar situation was outside a police station. I walked by (I'm a bad person) but did call into the police station, where of course they were sufficiently not interested not to want to even walk to the window (on their side of the counter) to see what I was on about but in the end did say they'd deal with it. I don't know whether they did. (I repeat, I'm a bad person).
 Walk on by - sherlock47
I think that with that cough I might keep my distance tho'..... but would make a phone call if nobody else had stopped.
 Walk on by - Mike Hannon
In France it's an offence not to render assistance. Egalite, Fraternite, etc...
 Walk on by - Enoughalready
I'm like a super hero and always stop to dash towards anyone that's in obvious difficulty. I've been sworn at a number of times by the very person I'm trying to help.
 Walk on by - Ambo
Something like this happened to me a couple years back. I bled copiously from a head wound. Various people walked or drove on by although one motorist did stop for a moment, perhaps to take a photo. Luckily for me a young waitress took charge of the case, phoned for an ambulance and waited with me till it arrived. (The pavement blood stain could still be made out three months later, in spite of heavy rain in the interim.)

I once rescued a lady who sprained her ankle and phoned her husband to help her. On another occasion I saw a young woman walk straight into a glass door and sustain a deep gash to her arm. I stepped forward with a clean handkerchief but a older woman took charge.

The waitress turned out to be a First Aider and the older woman a nurse.
 Walk on by - Armel Coussine
Can't help wondering what the ill or drunk person thought yesterday when he found himself being caressed and reassured by the Prime Minister and the mayor of London (story in today's comic). Nightmare? Wish-fulfilment dream? Dead and gone to some other place?

Heh heh.
 Walk on by - R.P.
I'll make assessments...based on the risk to me given the look and location of the vicitm. The only time I'd stop unconditionally is for a motorbike accident...
 Walk on by - Cliff Pope
>> Can't help wondering what the ill or drunk person thought yesterday when he found himself
>> being caressed and reassured by the Prime Minister and the mayor of London (story in
>> today's comic).

Number 8 in the list of top 10 Jewish jokes:

A car hit a Jewish man. The paramedic says, "Are you comfortable?" The man says, "I make a good living."
 Walk on by - Dog
Without thinking, I sent this video to a friend ... who has recently had a stroke.

His reply was "Lesson learnt m8 - if i have to go out on my own I'll always make sure I'm wearing a suit!

He lives in Plymouth.
 Walk on by - Westpig
Too many down and outs, drunk or drugged up, aggressive etc...why would you risk it?

Bloke in the suit didn't fit that criteria.

Nothing exceptional in that.
 Walk on by - No FM2R
One is entitled to dress how one chooses, in my opinion.

However, one should accept the ramifications and potential implications of that decision.

One potential issue is that if you're lying in the street looking like a drugged out tramp, then people might think you are one.

Get over it, and if you don't like it, then make a different choice.
Latest Forum Posts