Non-motoring > FilmOn TV streaming ITV3/4 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 16

FilmOn TV streaming ITV3/4 - sherlock47
Is there anybody who uses this service (FilmOn)? Since the effective demise of Freesat TV (with a sensible sized dish) in the S of France I have subscribed to the HD version of FilmOn for the last 2 months with absolutely no problems on a variety of channels. This week however I have had repeated problems with ITV3 ITV4 for watching the (UK coverage) of the French Open Tennis in late afternoon/evening.

Emails to FilmOn have remained unanswered.
My download speed is not an issue, (8Mbits/s).
It is not a French 'rights' issue - as use of a UK proxy server gives the same problems.
Streaming in early afternoon/ morning is not an issue.

I suspect that it is a host traffic issue.
 FilmOn TV streaming ITV3/4 - Crankcase
I noticed yesterday a bunch of channels in FilmOn wouldn't work, but put it down to one of those things, as they were the obscure ones.

I never look at ITV so can't tall you about recent service. I just fired it up a moment ago, and they both worked, although it took much longer than usual to find the remote antenna and get going for some reason. But right this minute there's Rosemary and Thyme or some man with a tennis racket happening, so it's not dead.

I'll try later and see if it gets worse in the evening.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Sun 1 Jun 14 at 14:01
Cc - Thanks for trying that - so far today it has been ok - managed to watch Murray struggle thro. (That is is tennis not mints for the uninitiated:).

I will try again during the afternoon and post when/if it fails.
ITV3 now not working - tennis should be on.
 FilmOn TV streaming ITV3/4 - No FM2R
Dunno, but maybe this will help....

UK Tel: +44 206 758 0690
e-mail: contact-us@filmon.com (I guess this is the one you;ve tried)
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sun 1 Jun 14 at 16:25
Itv 4 fine, itv3 broken.
Thank you for that -

I had messaged from their problem reporting web page with little effect. I will see if a copy sent direct to that email address gets any better results :)

Failing that, I will use the local rate UK telephone number later in the week. Good to see that they are not using premium rate numbers.
I post below the answer just received from FilmOn

Hi there,

Unfortunately we had a cease and desist from the French Open and as we didn't have time to contest it we decided to take the show off. We apologize for the great inconvenience but it was beyond our control

Kindest regards,

FilmOn.com Support Team

On one hand it is good to see that they have finally replied - it appears that the the email 'proper ticket system' works better than the web interface for rprting faults.

We will see how far I get in trying to get a 1 month refund :)
 FilmOn TV streaming ITV3/4 - Stuartli
I use the FilmOn apps for some time which have, to date, always proved free to download and install on a mobile phone and Nexus 10 tablet.

If necessary I could use an HDMI and mini-HDMI lead to connect either to the TV and see programmes on the larger screen.
>>>We will see how far I get in trying to get a 1 month refund :)<<<

Well better than nothing, but since I will be back in the UK not actually very useful! But at least it establishes a principle.

Hi Peter,

We can extend your subscription for maximum one week, as a compensation for ITV channels.
The package includes a lot of channels in HD quality, you were getting the service, so we can't extend your sub for a whole month.

Kindest regards,

FilmOn.com Support Team
Last edited by: sherlock47 on Mon 2 Jun 14 at 15:18
I didn't realise you COULD actually subscribe. I never have. Perhaps it's because I don't have a PC anymore so only see it on an iPad.

What do you get for your money?
What do you get for your money?

You get HD streams and no additional adverts. (Only worth paying if there is somethnig very specific to watch).
I see. Thanks.

There's only one ad on ipad when you swap channel, and there's an immediate skip button, so once you know that it doesn't even get a chance to start. HD might be nice ish but I wouldn't pay for it myself. Not even convinced of the merits of HD tv never mind on a titchy screen.

Always worth knowing though, so ta.

The HD option is a definite plus when watching (moving ball) sport - even on something as small as a hudl!

I just wonder if they further compress the video on the SD service to save bandwidth?
 FilmOn TV streaming ITV3/4 - CGNorwich
Apart form the HD Isn't the advantage of a subscription that you can save program's to watch later rather than watch live?

Of course FilmOn is of dubious legality and has been embroiled in lawsuits since it begun so I wouldn't bank on its long term future. Had proved handy on holiday at times though.

Last edited by: CGNorwich on Mon 2 Jun 14 at 19:42
Yes, you can record a limited amount on the basic subscription, not sure if it can be 'programmed' ?
 FilmOn TV streaming ITV3/4 - Stuartli
I know ex-Pats living abroad that use FilmOn extensively to keep up with UK TV and other programmes.
Latest Forum Posts