Non-motoring > Changing monikers Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 13

Changing monikers - legacylad
Any particular reason why people do?
The daughter of my gf recently flew back to the UK to give birth to her first child...just as well as the birth was not straight forward and facilities in the Indian Ocean are not quite up to NHS standards. Runfer made me smile by suggesting that I change my moniker to 'grandma's friend'.
I have mentioned it to Gran, and also told her to wear longer upper garments and cover her toned tum which is occasionally inadvertently displayed. Same goes for cutting down on the wine, maybe substitute Werthers, no more post dinner bottles of Elysium and not spend so much time in lane 3 in her hectic working day chasing sales figures.
 Changing monikers - Bromptonaut
Bit of a mystery to me why people do it. Can sort of understand the progression from RF to Zero where it was, like the site, all about the car but Perro>Dog>Arjades was more difficult to follow.

Stu and Roger's changes left me baffled.
 Changing monikers - No FM2R
>> Runfer made me smile by suggesting that I change my moniker to 'grandma's friend'.

Yeah, dead witty that Runfer.

>> www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=16854&m=377044

Some usernames relate to cars, places or stuff like that. Some are just witticisms. And some are just pulled out of a hat when the original sign-in process put you on the spot.

People change cars, places, think of better witticisms or choose a better name over time. All of which seems reasonable to me.

Often confusing, but reasonable.

I'd change mine but I haven't had a better idea.

Changing monikers - Runfer D'Hills
I could come up with a few for you Mark if you like?

;-)
So kind. Can't think why I haven't asked you before.
 Changing monikers - legacylad
Sorry No FM2R, I credited the wrong person.
Doubtless if I were BBD my new moniker would be GMILF, but perish the thought.
 Changing monikers - Armel Coussine
What fun! Let's all call each other names. How about this:

'It would be no exaggeration to describe those posting here as unreconstructed black-avised hippogriffs, not to put too fine a point on it.'
 Changing monikers - Runfer D'Hills
It would get very confusing if we were all allowed to re-name each other. Just think how many online 'handles' would immediately end with the three letters '-git' !

;-)
>>It would be no exaggeration to....

and I'll have a pint of whatever he's drinking.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 3 Jun 14 at 15:59
>> I'll have a pint of whatever he's drinking.

Tap water? Coffee? Still an hour and a half to go before I can allow myself what you would call a drink. I am a man of iron self-discipline, from time to time.

But toujours gai archy, toujours gai...

(S.J. Perelman)
 Changing monikers - PhilW
"Still an hour and a half to go before I can allow myself what you would call a drink. I am a man of iron self-discipline, from time to time."

When contemplating a glass of wine one should always go by French time for French wine, Greek time for Greek wine (no, don't drink Greek wine!) etc..
I quite like Aussie wine and I hear that Tongan wine is getting better - might try some.
As for Japanese whisky ..........
 Changing monikers - Westpig
>> Still an hour and a half to go before I can allow
>> myself what you would call a drink.

You've got it all wrong AC. Apply this sort of logic.

tinyurl.com/q9qd89n
 Changing monikers - Slidingpillar
< Col Bloodnok voice> The sun is always over the yardarm in some part of the British empire < / Col Bloodnok voice>
>> < / Col Bloodnok voice>

Wahahahahahaha... that's better... restraint and self-discipline richly rewarded...
Latest Forum Posts