Non-motoring > Ebay Snipes. Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 15

Ebay Snipes. - Zero
Not put this in computer section, cos I don't feel it belongs there.

I need to bid on an item on ebay, has no bidders currently so want to keep it that way till the end of auction time. Trouble is I can be here to bid, I shall be out.

So I need to use an ebay snipe tool. Whats the best most secure one?
 Ebay Snipes. - Manatee
www.justsnipe.com/ is easy to use and free for a limited number. Latest bid is 8 seconds from the end I think, unless you pay. It has worked for me, I always snipe if I want to bid on something.
Last edited by: Manatee on Fri 15 Aug 14 at 16:59
 Ebay Snipes. - commerdriver
>> Trouble is ..... I shall be out.
>>
not got with the 21st century and using mobile apps then, bid from anywhere anytime :-)
 Ebay Snipes. - NortonES2
What happens if more than one person uses "snipes" on the same item? Never used such a thing - just curious.
Last edited by: NortonES2 on Fri 15 Aug 14 at 17:17
 Ebay Snipes. - Roger.
Gixen .

The basic service is free: if you want a safety net of a back up server for your snipe, if the main one is busy, or goes down (unlikely) it costs $6 for a year's sub., with no winning fees in either case.
 Ebay Snipes. - Manatee
The higher one will win, in the absence of any other bids. If they are for the same amount, the one deemed first by ebay will be the winner.

Once they have been submitted, they are just ebay bids.

I use the '8 second' service. If somebody submits a later bid, then if it's lower I win, if it's higher I lose (but I always bid my maximum so no matter) if it's the same amount I win.

With 8 seconds to go it's unlikely to be a manual bid, though it's possible, and a snipe bid is pre-ordained anyway.

I can't understand people submitting bids days in advance. Bid once, bid right at the end, bid your maximum (ebay bids in increments on your behalf, so you can still get it for less).
 Ebay Snipes. - Zero
>> >> Trouble is ..... I shall be out.
>> >>
>> not got with the 21st century and using mobile apps then, bid from anywhere anytime
>> :-)

Cant guarantee connectivity where I will be at bid time.
 Ebay Snipes. - madf
I have used: www.esnipe.com/ for years.

100% reliable.

You just set it up and go away.. Your PC can be a smouldering heap of twisted circuits and your bid will still be placed.

You have to pay: highly recommended/
Last edited by: madf on Fri 15 Aug 14 at 19:08
 Ebay Snipes. - Manatee
They all do that. I think Z was answering the question as to why he didn't do it himself.

But I use it even if I expect to be in - why set an alarm when you can just set a snipe bid?
 Ebay Snipes. - Mike Hannon
Call me stupid, and I admit I haven't used Ebay for years, but if everybody is 'sniping' then what's the point of the whole process? You might as well list every item for a duration of one hour or less.
 Ebay Snipes. - Zero
>> Call me stupid, and I admit I haven't used Ebay for years, but if everybody
>> is 'sniping' then what's the point of the whole process? You might as well list
>> every item for a duration of one hour or less.

But everyone is not sniping, some are and some are not.

Its only of use, IMHO, when you don't want to give you hand away too early in the process, the idea being that if you keep any bid to the last moment you surprise the watchers and low bidders.

It only really works when there is no or little other interest in the item. In this case now, the bidding has started (been on for 3 .5 days, 1.5 days to go) so I don't need to "snipe" instead I have just put in a max bid to the amount I am prepared to pay.

You can now get tools to search for mis-spelt items (those wrongly spelt or described don't get the right bids), search for items that end at inhospitable times, and cheap items (below the average) ending very shortly.
 Ebay Snipes. - devonite
I shall be in! - so if you send me details of the item,all credit card info and personal details I will bid for you!

I always manually bid 10secs from the end, (holding my nerve is the hardest bit!) surprising how many I win considering these "Snipey" tools are about!
 Ebay Snipes. - Zero
>> I shall be in! - so if you send me details of the item,all credit
>> card info and personal details I will bid for you!

Wow cheers, you are a real mate.

Here is my CC details

The Very Reverend Dr Mbwani Sitongo Sitongo
Visa Card 5522 9867 0573 1001
Expiry 04/20
Security code 471

Delivery address
House of a thousand kidnaped schoolgirls
Kano
North Eastern Nigeria.

Thanks

Ebay Snipes. - Roger.
Racist! :-)
 Ebay Snipes. - seasidersrock
GoofBid........Totally FREE.
Takes minutes to set up, and works very well....
 Ebay Snipes. - Mapmaker
snipestreet.com - absolutely free for as many as you want.
Latest Forum Posts