Non-motoring > Pope clips Korean nipper across ear Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 21

Pope clips Korean nipper across ear - Armel Coussine
Not really.

But two photos of the Pope in the Saturday comic blessing the howling nipper, or patting it on the head, could look very different with the right caption, given the Pope's somewhat ambiguous tough-guy Latino smile.

He could be saying 'Ah, shadappa your face or you get another, OK?'

I'm sure His Holiness is kind to children really. But those photos have an amusingly ambiguous side.
 Pope clips Korean nipper across ear - Cliff Pope
Is everyone allowed to clip a howling brat on the ear these days, or are there special exemptions from child abuse regulations if one happens to be Pope?
 Pope clips Korean nipper across ear - Harleyman
>> Is everyone allowed to clip a howling brat on the ear these days, or are
>> there special exemptions from child abuse regulations if one happens to be Pope?
>>

If I hear any more in my local supermarkets (I'm sure some parents bring their kids in simply to irritate the hell out of other shoppers) then I shall take Holy Orders and brush up on my Latin, in the hope of gaining retribution, divine or otherwise.
 Pope clips Korean nipper across ear - bathtub tom
I find a loud HAVE THEY STOPPED PRESCRIBING RITALIN can sometimes be effective.
>> I find a loud HAVE THEY STOPPED PRESCRIBING RITALIN can sometimes be effective.

Ever tried it bt? It was what you could get after quacks stopped prescibing proper speed which was better of course.

Ritalin and lignocaine or some other dentist's painkiller make a briefly-convincing (people sometimes want to believe things) forged provincial cocaine equivalent ...

Relatively harmless of course except in very large quantities - just like proper coke actually -, with rich greedy people trying to get off on third-rate stuff.
 Pope clips Korean nipper across ear - Dutchie
I believe he is a Jesuit pope.He looks a hard lad he will give you more than a clip around the ear when you cross him..;)
>> he will give you more than a clip around the ear when you cross him..;)

Yaroo Dutchie... are you too acquainted with the ferula (or pandybat as they soppily call it in Ireland)?
>> Yaroo Dutchie... are you too acquainted with the ferula (or pandybat as they soppily call it in Ireland)?

What I mean is, have you ever had the feeling that your hands were absolutely enormous, for an hour or more? It isn't at all nice.
 Pope clips Korean nipper across ear - Lygonos
Tawse anyone?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawse

Pope clips Korean nipper across ear - bathtub tom
I had a teacher in the fifth form who would take an offender by the hair in front of the ear and twist it.

Try it, don't arf make the eyes water!
We had a good looking female teacher trying to teach us English at one of the schools I was present.

Never took much notice of her teaching when she sat in front of us with her legs crossed over.>:)
 Pope clips Korean nipper across ear - Roger.
>> We had a good looking female teacher trying to teach us English at one of
>> the schools I was present.
>>
>> Never took much notice of her teaching when she sat in front of us with
>> her legs crossed over.>:)
>>

Ah: reminds me of trying to look up the skirt of a Miss Miles, who was allegedly teaching us randy nippers something else!
 Pope clips Korean nipper across ear - Roger.
I had a teacher at a certain fairly minor public school, who not only brought his empty booze bottles to class in an oilcloth bag, but also threw hard blackboard erasers at us with huge accuracy.
One could always distract him from the subject - geography - IIRC and he would regale us with tales of terrible tortures!
Mad as a fish, he was, but it was not long after WW2 when there was a shortage of properly trained teachers.
He problaby was the best teacher you ever had Roger.You can't beat a good storyteller.

Mad as a Fish.>:)
Last edited by: Dutchie on Tue 19 Aug 14 at 23:56
 Pope clips Korean nipper across ear - Fullchat
"I had a teacher in the fifth form who would take an offender by the hair in front of the ear and twist it.

Try it, don't arf make the eyes water!"

One of our maths teachers did that and lifted you at the same time. Did we go to the same school? :)
Last edited by: Fullchat on Wed 20 Aug 14 at 11:56
 Pope clips Korean nipper across ear - Alanovich
>> One of our maths teachers did that and lifted you at the same time. Did
>> we go to the same school? :)

It was a biology teacher at my school.
 Pope clips Korean nipper across ear - Fullchat
Must have been standard techniques taught at teacher training college.
>> Tawse anyone?

Looks like something designed to make a dramatic noise to encourage the others.

Ferula is a heavy gutta-percha and whalebone cosh with thick spatulate ends. The rubber grips your skin and makes these round bruises. It's almost a torture instrument. Takes a very tough miscreant to weather it with a straight face. Stroke of the First Eight for example, a hooligan in my class who really didn't care, but whose palms were mostly callus anyway.
 Pope clips Korean nipper across ear - Lygonos
"They're dirty and their smelly, they have'nae got a telly..."

Other than derogatory rhyming songs, Lochgelly was also 'famous' for making them

www.s1lochgelly.com/media/the-lochgelly-tawse-in-action.html

OK Lygonos, I'm convinced. Noisy thing though.

Jesuits hold your wrist with their left hand while they're laying it on. I got 12 once, 6 on each hand, seemed to take forever. And a French aristo with whom I am still in touch got 18 on his last day at the school. You don't want Jays having it in for you, believe me.

However I can't remember at this distance whether we had asked for it or not. Probably.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Wed 20 Aug 14 at 02:33
 Pope clips Korean nipper across ear - Crankcase
Given we now have a climate where historic behaviour is rejudged and found wanting, after Savile, I'm surprised those teachers are now not being jailed on historic child abuse cases, as they might be if they had done what they did last week instead of fifty years ago.

Only a matter of time before someone tries it.

Pope clips Korean nipper across ear - Cliff Pope

>>
>> Only a matter of time before someone tries it.
>>

We are now eagerly raking back through history pardoning people for actions that have now been redefined as non-crimes, so it would be logical to put our forbears on trial, even posthumously.

Of course in a few decades the climate will swing back again, and all the cases will have to be re-tried.
When the age of consent is lowered lots of the Yewtree offenders will probably get pardons.
Latest Forum Posts