Non-motoring > Malky MacKay Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 10

Malky MacKay - BobbyG
www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28904368

How many on here could put hand on heart and say they would be comfortable with all their private one-to-one emails and texts to be read and that no one would find them offensive?
 Malky MacKay - Slidingpillar
Nothing I send or sent could be considered offensive. But I've been emailing a heck of a long time (pre-dates BBC news even having a website) and if it's in word form, even if you consider it private, somebody else may not.

But I'd have issues about privacy...
 Malky MacKay - Zero
>> www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28904368
>>
>> How many on here could put hand on heart and say they would be comfortable
>> with all their private one-to-one emails and texts to be read and that no one
>> would find them offensive?

Not me. Shed loads of stuff others than the recipient would find offensive.
 Malky MacKay - CGNorwich
I find that difficult to believe. :-)
 Malky MacKay - R.P.
Nor me. Anyone who sends/sent me anything of that nature would be binned. This has received a lot of coverage on the BBC Wales news. Why it deserves to do defeats me. One of the phrases used in the Beeb's courage regarding MacKay's colleague was "Lawyers raided his house to search for evidence" I didn't mis-hear it was repeated - Lawyers raiding people's houses ? Whatever next ?
 Malky MacKay - Zero
>> Nor me. Anyone who sends/sent me anything of that nature would be binned. This has
>> received a lot of coverage on the BBC Wales news. Why it deserves to do
>> defeats me. One of the phrases used in the Beeb's courage regarding MacKay's colleague was
>> "Lawyers raided his house to search for evidence" I didn't mis-hear it was repeated -
>> Lawyers raiding people's houses ? Whatever next ?

I wondered that, how did they get a warrant?
 Malky MacKay - R.P.
I would like to think it was an error...!
 Malky MacKay - Armel Coussine
These are just ordinary coarse fellows. 'Tingtong chinky', nipper stuff.

The correspondence between Kingsley Amis and that librarian poet fellow from Hull is a bit startling in places. Jokily meant, but would give RP a heart attack almost. Jokes of that sort are risky. Some people get away with, some they don't. Or rather, you get away with it one day but not the next. All depends on the prevailing karma or some crap like that.

A late friend of mine, a New York Jewish essayist and intellectual, fell out with Norman Mailer over something like that, Mailer doing a bit of jokey anti-Semitism which was taken amiss. The feud lasted to the grave. I've been in trouble myself once or twice. Jokes are risky in general.
 Malky MacKay - Alastairw
Trouble is if a joke isn't risky, it generally isn't funny either!
 Malky MacKay - Armel Coussine
>> These are just ordinary coarse fellows. 'Tingtong chinky', nipper stuff.

Strangely à propos, my daughter summoned here and paid a Japanese geezer of considerable dignity and presence to supervise the long process of getting us to assemble our own sushi.

It took more than an hour and the whole process of rolling up seaweed sheets and sticky rice, with the odd bit of vegetable down the middle and surprisingly little raw salmon and prawn, made one feel immensely hungry earlier than usual. But the sushi still had to be cut up with a knife dipped in water and stood on end in the plate before it could be eaten. Chopsticks provided but fingers correct, the geezer said (but I was amazed by the youngest grandchild, just 6, being able to use chopsticks correctly and effectively in one hand).

Oh yes: we all had to put on large surgical-type plastic gloves slightly lubricated with mayonnaise just for a start. The geezer said leftovers would keep in the fridge for a few days, but should be left out for half an hour before being eaten or the rice would be nasty.

What a thing! Must have cost plenty. We've eaten well though, and had an interesting time.
 Malky MacKay - Pat
>>Malky Mackay: 'I'm no racist, sexist, homophobe or anti-Semite'<<

No, but you are an absolute idiot if you think the grossly inflated salary you earn for doing your job just relates to your skills on the pitch.

It is intended to reflect your behaviour in the public domain and assume you realise as a public figure, nothing, absolutely nothing, is private.

Not hard is it?

Pat
Latest Forum Posts