Non-motoring > New M4 South Wales compensation? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: mikeyb Replies: 2

New M4 South Wales compensation? - mikeyb
Casting this one out to the wider community in case anybody has any experience of this.

I own a property in South Wales which I rent out. I've owned it for the past 12 years since it was newly built, and it has been rented to the same tenant for almost all of this period.

Now it appears that they plan to re-route the M4 to make it bigger, and the new route will run very close to the property. Numerous no win no fee solicitors have started contacting me advising that if they proceed with the plan then I would be entitled to compensation.

I'm not looking to profit from this, but the property was only ever bought as an investment, so I have no emotional attachment to it, just a financial one, and I suspect that the new M4 route could bring as many positives as negatives.

Has anyone here any experience of such things? I'm not really sure if I just have to wait to see what happens, or if I have to make a claim?
 New M4 South Wales compensation? - Falkirk Bairn
You will be contacted as and when the final route is decided.
If it is very close they will buy it. The least you would get is triple glazing and other sound deadening etc and ££s if the value of the house is downwards.

Just ignore the ambulance chasers and collect your rent for the coming months / years.
 New M4 South Wales compensation? - Arctophile
Here you go, a bit of light reading for you.

www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1973/26/section/1
Latest Forum Posts