Non-motoring > London parking Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 1

London parking - Armel Coussine
Went two days ago to see my friend of 50 years Hoppy, now afflicted with Parkinson's and other debilitating conditions, who lives in sheltered housing just off Caledonian Road. The sheltered housing has free parking for visitors, but I haven't a clue where it is. I think it's on some sort of unmarked corner bombsite area.

Anyway the wardens can be hell round there so I got a lot of pound coins and fed five or six of them into a ticket machine. Got more than an hour for that.

Didn't notice any wardens either, but they aren't as garishly apparelled as they used to be. They sneak around in anoraks on scooters.

Hoppy can hardly see now, a tragedy for one who was a very famous sixties photographer. He is bearing up well and gave me the phone number of the Glasgow gallery that got him to sign a lot of prints and took them away. I ordered his iconic William Buroughs portrait which arrived this morning, quite small at 25 by 18 cm but bearing the spiky signature. His book of photos, From the Hip, is well worth a look to anyone interested. There are a couple of me in there, looking like a Greek gangster.
 London parking - Dutchie
Althe best to Hoppy nice name sounds nearly like my nickname.Wardens are the same in this neck of the woods.Had a word with one of them a while ago.

He was writing out a ticket good job I noticed him Diana was in church.He thought her disability badge on the windscreen was out of date.He didn't look it wasn't.Pillock..;)

Latest Forum Posts