Non-motoring > Operation Yewtree - Volume 24   [Read only]
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 103

Operation Yewtree - Volume 24 - VxFan

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 25 *****

Continuing debate.

Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 5 Feb 15 at 21:31

Another Linked Case. - Bromptonaut
Former Radio Caroline DJ Ray Teret currently up before the bench at Manchester Crown Ct:

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/oct/07/radio-caroline-dj-raped-girl-jimmy-savile-court-ray-teret

Some of allegations would apparently have had Jimmy Savile as co-defendant were he nor brown bread.

I'd never heard of Teret as Caroline was before my radio listening days and his later career was a Piccadilly Radio in Manch.

Does his name mean anything to others here?

Another Linked Case. - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>> I'd never heard of Teret as Caroline was before my radio listening days and his
>> later career was a Piccadilly Radio in Manch.
>>
>> Does his name mean anything to others here?
>>
I was an avid listener to Caroline and Radio London and I can't recall him. But then those stations were broadcasting 24/7 and I suppose most of the jocks they had onboard are now long forgotten, we tend to only remember those who went on to become household names after the pirates went.

Another Linked Case. - No FM2R
This might help, although it still jogged no memory for me.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Teret
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 7 Oct 14 at 17:10

>> This might help, although it still jogged no memory for me.
>>
>> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Teret

Some thirty charges of an historic nature against somebody who was not a household name.

Blows a bit of a hole in the 'gold diggers' theory then?

Bit silly Bromp, because something is true in one case doesn't mean its true in all, or even one other.

>> Bit silly Bromp, because something is true in one case doesn't mean its true in
>> all, or even one other.

There has been a consistent narrative, including from some members of this forum, that these historic allegations are dredged up solely for money or fame/notoriety. The fact that someone relatively unknown faces 30 such allegations would suggest otherwise.

That's all.

Another Linked Case. - Zero

>> That's all

The fact that he was with someone famous and well known for it (and now happens to be dead so he can't be got at) suggests you are clutching at straws.

Thats all.
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 9 Oct 14 at 01:26

>>The fact that someone relatively unknown faces 30 such allegations would suggest otherwise.

To be clear, an unknown person facing charges means a known person should also?

Not seeing the link, to be honest.

>> >>The fact that someone relatively unknown faces 30 such allegations would suggest otherwise.
>>
>> To be clear, an unknown person facing charges means a known person should also?
>>
>> Not seeing the link, to be honest.

There's a repeated allegation that these offences were 'par for course' in sixties and motive for reporting now is money (ie compo)/notoriety associated with a famous putative defendant.

Some people me included, would suggest that it is still difficult now for women to report rape and be believed and that it was many times more difficult in the sixties. Even more so for a woman who thought her experience unique and who might have been drinking or 'encouraged' her assailant.

Here we have a man pretty well unknown in modern era and without obvious resources against whom 30+ historic allegations have been raised. Money and fame not in play, just suggestion that he took advantage of numerable girls.

Another Linked Case. - Cliff Pope

>>
>> There has been a consistent narrative, including from some members of this forum, that these
>> historic allegations are dredged up solely for money or fame/notoriety. The fact that someone relatively
>> unknown faces 30 such allegations would suggest otherwise.

Well, he is in the news now, so perhaps relative fame is still the spur. We can't all have famous people to make allegations against - some will have to be content with side-kicks and third-rankers.
Of course despite all the publicity the idea of copy-cat allegations would be totally unthinkable.

>> Well, he is in the news now, so perhaps relative fame is still the spur.
>> We can't all have famous people to make allegations against - some will have to
>> be content with side-kicks and third-rankers.
>> Of course despite all the publicity the idea of copy-cat allegations would be totally unthinkable.
>>

One or two women having courage to finally come forward and a re finally believed. Others take encouragement from that to tell of their own cases. Not my definition of copy cat and a course that's well documented for those that can rise above the misogynist view of the world.

There are still, today, Coppers who seem unable to resist the temptation to file rapes as too difficult:

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/oct/06/northumbria-police-reopen-54-rape-cases-deemed-no-crime

If the cases don't stand up then the CPS won't run with them - it's that simple. There's a real cause for concern though over how long some of the defendants, Gambacini for example, are left bailed - .

Another Linked Case. - Focusless
>> There's a real cause for concern though over how long some of the
>> defendants, Gambacini for example, are left bailed - .

No charges: www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29574077

Another Linked Case. - Armel Coussine
>> somebody who was not a household name.

He was the household name's sidekick, driver and 'friend' for decades. I wouldn't let the toerag in my house. Would you FMR? Somehow I doubt it.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Tue 7 Oct 14 at 17:58

Absolutely not. If one can trust the media reports, a risky thing to do at the best of times, he's a scumbag who deserves no consideration.

I just hope that the media and the justice system put as much unrelenting effort into this as they did into convicting DLT of groping boobs for 10 - 15 seconds.

Another Linked Case. - John Boy
When I was a student in the sixties, hitchhiking with a girl friend, we were given an after-dark lift by a guy who said he worked as a DJ for Jimmy Saville. Was it?....

More allegations - Roger.
www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/10/08/Exclusive-Lib-Lab-Paedo-Pact-Alleged-in-Rochdale

More Allegations About Rolf Harris - Bromptonaut
Another ten women have come forward alleging assaults by Rolf Harris:

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/oct/13/rolf-harris-could-face-fresh-charges-as-10-new-victims-allege-abuse

More Allegations About Rolf Harris - Armel Coussine
Horrible man. The assaults as described were particularly cold and brutal.

More Allegations About Rolf Harris - Dutchie
Send him back to his homeland the aborigines could use him with boomerang practice.

More Allegations About Rolf Harris - madf
>> Send him back to his homeland the aborigines could use him with boomerang practice.
>>

Incompatible with his hooman rites.

More Allegations About Rolf Harris - No FM2R
Human rights, even those of criminals, are important.

Surely a useful definition of the difference between a person who assaults and a person who does not is that one respects peoples' rights and the other does not.

More Allegations About Rolf Harris - Westpig
>> Human rights, even those of criminals, are important.
>>
>> Surely a useful definition of the difference between a person who assaults and a person
>> who does not is that one respects peoples' rights and the other does not.
>>

What about the ones that have abused their privilege(s) and needs some rights taking away, even if temporary?

Then the offender should have those rights removed by a legal and proper court, not be beaten by a bunch of vigilantes.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Mon 13 Oct 14 at 19:28

More Allegations About Rolf Harris - Westpig
>> Then the offender should have those rights removed by a legal and proper court, not
>> be beaten by a bunch of vigilantes.
>>

You've lost me, where does the vigilante come in?

A legal and proper court will respect those human rights, even while temporarily removing some of them.

More Allegations About Rolf Harris - Zero
>> Then the offender should have those rights removed by a legal and proper court, not
>> be beaten by a bunch of vigilantes.

I think it was Aborigines.

>> What about the ones that have abused their privilege(s) and needs some rights taking away,
>> even if temporary?
>

The Convention and the Human Rights Act explicitly recognise that. The Right to Family Life in Article 8 is subject to proportionate interference in name of what might be abbreviated as law and order considerations.

More Allegations About Rolf Harris - Armel Coussine
>> Surely a useful definition of the difference between a person who assaults and a person who does not is that one respects peoples' rights and the other does not.

Forgive me FMR, but this business of rights can get very slippery. Back in the days of crazed campaigning, a group of evil nonces formed a campaigning movement that claimed to be respecting children's right to their sexuality.

You wouldn't believe it really. But I was there, sort of. Couldn't believe my ears.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Mon 13 Oct 14 at 19:58

>> Forgive me FMR, but this business of rights can get very slippery. Back in the
>> days of crazed campaigning, a group of evil nonces formed a campaigning movement that claimed
>> to be respecting children's right to their sexuality.
>>
>> You wouldn't believe it really. But I was there, sort of. Couldn't believe my ears.

And that AC is the crux.

Human Rights are not about what's claimed but what's accepted by the courts.

There's also a POV that says state's problem with PIE was not about right to perform acts they claimed to be OK but about use of indecency legislation to silence any discussion of issues they raised.

I don't have to forgive you AC, that's actually my point.

The granting, suspending or removing of rights is a task and responsibility for the properly appointed courts.

A person or group of people may campaign for those rights to be changed, but they may not decide to change them.

Thus, irrespective of my opinion of the stance taken, a person is entitled to campaign for whatever they believe in. e.g. the public flogging of shoplifters. The courts may or may not adopt those changes, but whichever, the campaigner may not decide that flogging is appropriate and decide to do it with impunity.

The campaigner, presuming he holds himself as a proper member of society, may not attack the rights, even those of a despicable person, without becoming a despicable person himself.

More Allegations About Rolf Harris - Cliff Pope

>>
>> Thus, irrespective of my opinion of the stance taken, a person is entitled to campaign
>> for whatever they believe in.

You mean if I believed in apartheit, stoning of homosexuals, lowering the age of consent to 10, debarring women with children from taking jobs,outlawing all religions apart from the Church of England, forced emigration of all non-whites, I'd be entitled to campaign for that because I believed in it?

(I don't by the way, just in case the literalists on this forum think I am serious :))

Yes.

Because whatever I think of you and your beliefs [in your example above], true freedom isn't just being allowed to campaign about stuff someone else agrees with.

That would be a very slippery slope.
>> Yes.
>>
>> Because whatever I think of you and your beliefs [in your example above], true freedom
>> isn't just being allowed to campaign about stuff someone else agrees with.
>>
>> That would be a very slippery slope.

What you said is also consistent with notion of courts (and parliament) having the power to suspend or limit rights. It's for that reason that some of the notions Cliff mentions are 'forbidden'.

More Allegations About Rolf Harris - Robin O'Reliant
>> Yes.
>>
>> Because whatever I think of you and your beliefs [in your example above], true freedom
>> isn't just being allowed to campaign about stuff someone else agrees with.
>>
>> That would be a very slippery slope.
>>

It is essential that people have the freedom to challenge what are considered to be the norms of society, however abhorant their ideas may seem. If freedom of speech means only being able to put forward ideas which don't cause upset or offence it's not worth having.

Current social standards - Crankcase
One of the arguments against pursuing historic offences seems to be "that's how it was in those days".

If the Guardian is to be believed, this is how it is these days for students as well - worse, if anything, with new technology aiding the behaviour.

Be interesting to see if the spotlight is turned on this kind of thing with the same diligence.

www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/womens-blog/2014/oct/10/10-things-female-students-face-university-misogyny-banter

Current social standards - Zero
>> One of the arguments against pursuing historic offences seems to be "that's how it was
>> in those days".
>>
>> If the Guardian is to be believed, this is how it is these days for
>> students as well - worse, if anything, with new technology aiding the behaviour.
>>
>> Be interesting to see if the spotlight is turned on this kind of thing
>> with the same diligence.
>>
>> www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/womens-blog/2014/oct/10/10-things-female-students-face-university-misogyny-banter

Worse? don't be ridiculous, thats not worse. What do you want to do, make it an offence to talk to women? be in the same room maybe?

Current social standards - Bromptonaut
What the Guardian report reveals is, unfortunately, a snapshot of youthful behaviour which is beyond the pail. There are however two significant differences from the Yewtree scenario:

Firstly and most importantly the 'historic' cases whether Yewtree or involving abuse of pupils by teachers and whether groping or rape, involved power. Men who were older and in authority, famous or both thought they were beyond challenge. Their victims accepted that too and couldn't/didn't speak out.

Secondly, the stuff is being openly discussed today - as exemplified by the Guardian article and numerous others in same vein here and over the pond. The women who are victims of this stuff (and my daughter had issues with 'banter' in her first year) now speak out about it and the Uni's pastoral staff are on the case.

Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Tue 14 Oct 14 at 18:33

Everyones a victim these days.
 Current social standards - Slidingpillar
The only bit of sexual attacking I saw at university, at a guess, in 1979 was of a boy, by girls! He didn't seem too bothered.

Current social standards - Crankcase
The point about power differentials is well taken, Bromp. But the difference in "power " between a 20 year old third year and a seventeen or eighteen year old fresher is considerable too, especially when perhaps away from home for the first time.

In any event it's clearly despicable behaviour and one would hope that it does get squashed as quickly as possible and not viewed as "normal" or acceptable.

Current social standards - Runfer D'Hills
I was taken advantage of sexually in my first year at Uni by an older girl. About 5 times a week as I recall for 3 months or so.

I'm over it now but it still haunts my dreams occasionally.

I'm vaguely pleased but possibly slightly embarrassed to admit.
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Tue 14 Oct 14 at 20:01
 Current social standards - John Boy
>> I was taken advantage of sexually in my first year at Uni by an older
>> girl. About 5 times a week as I recall for 3 months or so.
>>
But did she teach you anything? If Yes, then I think you should be glad.

Current social standards - Duncan
>> I was taken advantage of sexually in my first year at Uni by an older
>> girl. About 5 times a week as I recall for 3 months or so.
>>

And then, despite all your begging and pleading she moved on to another fresher?

Current social standards - Runfer D'Hills
More or less !
;–)

>> The point about power differentials is well taken, Bromp. But the difference in "power "
>> between a 20 year old third year and a seventeen or eighteen year old fresher
>> is considerable too, especially when perhaps away from home for the first time.

No argument there either. I never went to Uni but I've a vivid recollection of a few older members of an outdoor group, men in their mid twenties, taking advantage of 16/17 yo girls who just hadn't got the skills to extricate themselves.

Words were had though and repeat offenders were properly warned off by more settled men of same generation and/or by formidable ladies in their forties.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Tue 14 Oct 14 at 20:06

Current social standards - Cliff Pope
>> One of the arguments against pursuing historic offences seems to be "that's how it was
>> in those days".
>>

Hence the warning acronym "NSIT".

>> Hence the warning acronym "NSIT".
>

Don't know that one and searches suggest stuff about network tech or Not Safe in Teas?

Current social standards - Duncan
>> >> Hence the warning acronym "NSIT".
>> >
>>
>> Don't know that one and searches suggest stuff about network tech or Not Safe in
>> Teas?
>>

Close.

Not Safe In Taxis.

Zero and AC are about the only ones on here old enough to remember that being in current usage. (I had to search for it - so there!)

Current social standards - Cliff Pope

>>
>> Zero and AC are about the only ones on here old enough to remember that
>> being in current usage.

Or have read Nancy Mitford

>>
>> >>
>> >> Zero and AC are about the only ones on here old enough to remember
>> that
>> >> being in current usage.
>>
>> Or have read Nancy Mitford

I am glad to say, in my case, I had no idea what it meant as neither applies to me.

Max Clifford - Appeal Dismissed. - Bromptonaut
There was debate at time as to whether the way judge sentenced Clifford to consecutive terms was legitimate. Clifford appealed.

The Court of Appeal found that, while the judge fell into error in certain respects the sentence was not excessive:

www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/max-clifford.pdf

Operation Yewtree - USA Version - Bromptonaut
Similar cases emerging in US, in particular focussing on Bill Cosby:

www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/20/bill-cosby-and-the-women-claiming-a-history-of-sexual-assaults

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/19/bill-cosby-image-shielded-cliams-rape-lectured-black-america

An excerpt from a broadcast where was asked about the allegations was played on radio news yesterday. He certainly sounded very shifty.

Operation Yewtree - USA Version - R.P.
I heard it this morning on the Radio....I'm beginning to be a judge of celebrity character. I thought he was dreadful for years, but put it down to not understanding American humour. Rolf Harris is the only one I got wrong so-far.

Operation Yewtree - USA Version - Armel Coussine
The Cosby Show was amusing light fare I thought when it used to be on the box. My middle daughter loved it and sweetly gave me Cosby's book 'Fatherhood' as a present. So I feel a certain sadness over these revelations, if they really are revelations.

It never occurs to me to suspect these people until they have been outed. I could never bear the loathsome Savile, but I didn't even suspect him of child abuse until the posthumous revelations. They didn't surprise me though... I thought Ah, that's why he was so creepy and sinister.

Yuck. This is depressing stuff.

Lionel Blair - VxFan
No, Lionel not been accused of anything (that I know of), but I really do think it's a sad state of affairs that he has to now tread on egg shells in case the dreaded finger ever gets pointed at him.

"Following a harrowing experience on stage, and over fears of being accused of inappropriate behaviour, the 82-year-old refuses to perform alongside youngsters."

www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/i-wont-work-kids-false-4724881

Lionel Blair - Haywain
"the dreaded finger ever gets pointed"

It's not a nice feeling when the fickle finger points at you - my wife and I have experienced it.

It's almost 30 years ago now - my daughter was approaching her first birthday. She had been born with a sub-arachnoid cyst which had to be drained into her peritoneum via a shunt. She was in at the local hospital for fluid to be drained from her thoracic cavity and no one could work out what was going on. One day, we bought it to the medics' attention that she was coming out in bruises on her arms and legs - we couldn't explain that either. At the time, we didn't understand why doctors & nurses were going to the other side of the ward and talking in hushed tones - the occasional glance coming our way.

Then we had the questions "It must be very difficult trying to look after 3 children under 5 - it must put you under a lot of strain etc?". I don't think that I really realised what they were getting at until my wife (a teacher) explained when we got home. WHAT!!! I was furious - how could they think that we had been abusing our daughter?

The next day, it could clearly be seen that the bruises were in the pattern of fingers - the fingers of the ward sister who'd been holding her down while they inserted the chest drain.

Some weeks later, at Gt Ormond Street, they discovered by using radio-active labelled dye that the cerebrospinal fluid from the cyst(s) was tracking back from my daughter's peritoneum into her chest cavity via a perforated diaphragm; this problem hadn't been encountered before. The celebrated neurosurgeon and a great hero of mine, Mr Henry Marsh, reassembled the shunt and re-routed it into her heart.
 Lionel Blair - zippy
Whilst not in the same league as your amazing story Haywain; about 7 years ago when my youngest was 9 we were packing for a holiday to Devon.

We had finished and were about to jump in the car when in his excitement he ran out of the house arms stretched wide and caught his index finger on the door handle, dislocating it.

I took him to the local A&E where a very nice young female doctor listened to what happened and fixed the lad up.

She then apologised and explained that an adult bringing an injured child in has to be "done by the book" and took him away to a side room, with a chaperone to get his version of events.

Doctor, nurse and lad came back beaming and giggling (lad was red faced) and both wished us a happy holiday! The lad never did say what they were all giggling about but he obviously put their suspicions to rest.

Lionel Blair - Bromptonaut
While anger and shock at even a hint of a suggestion of abuse is understandable the system fails if they're not followed up. The middle classes are not immune to physical or psychological abuse and all the scandals back to Maria Caldwell were found, on inquiry, to involve 'missed signs' and lost opportunities.

Lionel Blair - Haywain
"While anger and shock at even a hint of a suggestion of abuse is understandable"

That's, of course, true and we understand that - particularly in the light of some recent events. I guess, though, on analysis - that when it happened to us we felt a little betrayed because we had put our trust and our faith in their (proven to be partially fallible) medical ability, whilst they didn't trust our parenting ability. Our relationship with the local medics altered a little afterwards - partially, I believe, because of their embarrassment.

This is Henry Marsh, who I mentioned in my post. He was on t.v. a few years ago operating on a young man's brain tumour whilst the chap was still conscious. His recent book is on my wife's Christmas present list. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Marsh_(neurosurgeon)

Another one? - Roger.
tinyurl.com/lmrh5jn

Tory this time.

Neil Fox again - VxFan
The radio DJ Neil Fox has been arrested over three alleged sexual assaults.

It comes two months after he was first arrested following four earlier allegations of sexual assault. He was detained on Monday when he returned to a police station on bail.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30386151

Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - sherlock47
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30534235

Now this could get interesting IF it gets anywhere.

Towards the end of the article there is a god concise summary of the parallel strands of investigations.

Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - Old Navy
>> www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30534235
>>
>> Now this could get interesting IF it gets anywhere.
>>

I don't think it will go anywhere, they are called powerful people for a reason. It would take a very brave person to put their career and pension at risk.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 19 Dec 14 at 09:18

Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - Robin O'Reliant
No matter how powerful you might be, once a train of events get a certain degree of momentum they become unstoppable, as Nixon found out. The press will have their teeth well into it and those involved (If indeed the allegations are true) are now long out of power and any influence that matters.

Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - Armel Coussine
One is interested in the names of these alleged sadistic nonce MPs. Are they an open secret one wonders in some circles?

Oh come on chaps! We won't tell!

Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - Old Navy
>>Are they an open secret one wonders in some circles?

It seems that Savile was.

Keith Joseph and Rhodes Boyson are two names in the public domain. And Tom Driberg had some dubious links with major criminals whose names have cropped up.

Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - Westpig
Commander Richard Trestrail... allegedly

Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - No FM2R
Its difficult to understand how the victims must feel.

Presumably if it had been trivial (DLT squeezed my boobs for 9 seconds 20 years ago) the the majority will simply have got over it.

If it had been significant, then one must assume that they wanted to move on. I suppose some did, perhaps even the majority, but some have been unable to do so.

I wonder how bringing it all out helps. For the genuine sufferers, I suspect its not much to do with the punishment of the offender, I should think its more a matter of bringing it into the light so that they don't feel they have to hide it.

Tough, I should think, really tough.

Makes me dislike the headline grabbing, money-grabbing fools, who seem to keep coming out of the woodwork in Yewtree, even more.

>>
>> I wonder how bringing it all out helps. For the genuine sufferers, I suspect its
>> not much to do with the punishment of the offender, I should think its more
>> a matter of bringing it into the light so that they don't feel they have
>> to hide it.
>>
>>
I think it needs to be shown to people how the Establishment can behave when they feel untouchable. Similar to, but far more serious than the MP's expense frauds. It also needs to be emphasised to the great and bad how their misdeeds are always likely to to surface into the public domain, even if is only a matter of trashed reputations after they have departed this world.
 Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - Zero
search for "GUESTS AT ELM LODGE" or "Elm Guest House"

Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - Roger.
I've read all that, some months ago, but there is still doubt expressed (there would be, wouldn't there?) that the guest list, naming celebrities, is factual.
The originator of the list has departed this life, IIRC: there are rumours about that, too.
The Internet is a wonderful place for rumours - but maybe, just maybe, the Elm Guest House saga has legs & feet which are not of clay.

Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - Cliff Pope
>> I've read all that, some months ago, but there is still doubt expressed (there would
>> be, wouldn't there?) that the guest list, naming celebrities, is factual.

One name featured fairly recently in a rather well-publicised police raid.

Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - Roger.
The mainstream media in the shape of the Daily Telegraph are raising the public profile of the Elm Guest House, by mentioning it by name in this article.

tinyurl.com/q4oe8o2

Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - Bromptonaut
Not a lot new there really Roger. The name Elm Guest House has been in the public domain for some years as have the (alleged) activities of the late Peter Morrison.

Still waiting for a living and therefore potentially litigious participant to be named.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Sun 4 Jan 15 at 13:48

It's not Yewtree now, its "Fairbank".

This could get interesting -

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11306575/Five-Westminster-paedophile-rings-probed-by-Scotland-Yard.html

Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - Westpig
>> This could get interesting -
>>
>> www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11306575/Five-Westminster-paedophile-rings-probed-by-Scotland-Yard.html
>>

I do hope the truth comes out.

>>
>> I do hope the truth comes out.
>>

It's not always wise to wish for that.

Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - tyrednemotional
Theresa May announces delay to the ’1980s Paedophile cover-up’

Theresa May announced today that the cover-up into 1980s child abuse will be delayed due to the amount of evidence that needs to be destroyed before the inquiry can begin. Erasing hard disks, deleting all email copies and shredding documents is taking longer than expected, despite expert guidance from the Sun’s editorial team.

May stated today: ‘I shall postpone the cover-up until after the election to avoid the re-election chances of listed paedophiles being jeopardised’. ‘But’, she added, ‘I make two promises. First, that this cover-up will be completed before the Chilcot “Iraq War whitewash” is completed. Second, that this cover-up will be more believable than the FIFA corruption report.’

Keith Vaz, head of the commons committee reviewing the cover-up, was unimpressed, claiming that many MPs, peers and members of the judiciary are ‘living under the dark shadow of evidence’.

‘The sooner the evidence is destroyed and the whitewash completed, the better’, he said. However, he agreed not to press the matter further in exchange for his photograph appearing in all the newspapers.
Leon Brittan, who's friendship with second proposed inquiry chair led to her resignation, has died:

www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jan/22/leon-brittan-former-home-secretary-dies

Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - smokie
Wasn't he also one of the names associated with that home in London?

Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - swiss tony
>> Wasn't he also one of the names associated with that home in London?
>>

He was certainly known for screwing miners....

>> Leon Brittan, who's friendship with second proposed inquiry chair led to her resignation, has died:

Having a residual professional interest in inquiries and suchlike I've been following the Home Affairs Select Committee's work on the abuse inquiry. In particular last weeks session with one of the inquiry panel and today's with inquiry Counsel.

The whole thing is a Mare's nest

How, in the name of all that's Holy, will they find Chair with anything like the requisite skills who will take the professional risk of chairing it.

Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - R.P.
Throughout my adult life I've wondered about the relevance of the Commonwealth - finally its moment may have come. Find someone from a commonwealth country who speaks English has a grasp of the British judicial system. Canadian, South African, Australian - anyone please so we can get this thing sorted.

Apparently the late Lord liked dressing up as a nurse. Search the web for more info.
 Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - Haywain
"Find someone from a commonwealth country who speaks English"

Sir Les Patterson springs to mind!
 Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - Haywain
"Sir Les Patterson"

That was a glib remark but, actually, I think R.P's suggestion is a stroke of genius. Let's face it, we've already got a Canadian chap running the Bank of England because none of our bankers are clever enough.
Last edited by: Haywain on Mon 26 Jan 15 at 21:56
 Operation Yewtree and others - Volume 24 - rtj70
I have wondered for a while on rumours. On his death we might discover more. It was he that may have prevented other investigations.... Maybe he was more involved.

>> someone from a commonwealth country who speaks English has a grasp of the British judicial system. Canadian, South African, Australian - anyone please

Do you mean 'anyone white please' Rob?

I can remember Algerians who claimed quite rightly that they spoke better French than most French people. The same could be said of the English spoken by quite large numbers of Indians, Pakistanis and Africans compared to the English spoken by the British.

As for looking up Leon Brittan's peccadilloes on the web, I can't imagine why anyone would bother. He's been accused of being soft on highly-placed nonces when home secretary although apparently cleared of being one himself. Yawn. It was all years ago, and boring even then.

No anyone of course AC of any colour, in fact preferably non white even and not middle aged or male.

>> in fact preferably non white even and not middle aged or male.

Oh dear. I have been known to pass for non-white but only in very pink or black circles. However I am male and, cough, verging on middle age.

I wasn't accusing you of racism Rob. I was just teasing you about that list of white commonwealth countries.

Just got a phone call from a Kiwi great-niece. She'll be here on Friday with her boyfriend. Interrupting my work, grumble grumble...

:o}

s for looking up Leon Brittan's peccadilloes on the web

I think that what he was alleged to be doing an doing to whilst so dressed might be the interest..

AC I thought you were in touch with the more obscure news sites in the Metropolis...keep up

>> I thought you were in touch with the more obscure news sites in the Metropolis...keep up

Not these days.

Anyway internet gossip about public figures isn't really my thing. If it's of real interest or concern it goes mainstream almost at once. I don't care if former cabinet ministers put on housemaids' aprons and sheer stockings and shout Whoops Grandma!, or even if they masochistically relish being dragged through the mud year after year. The whole thing is distasteful. I'm a bit puritanical sometimes. Hence my unjustifiably scolding tone.

Savile to be dug up and cremated - VxFan
The body of the predatory presenter will be dug out of his grave following complaints from outraged families of loved ones buried at the site.

It will take two days to move the paedophile from Scarborough Cemetery in North Yorkshire.

His remains will then be cremated and scattered at a secret location.

www.express.co.uk/news/uk/552674/Jimmy-Savile-body-exhume

tinyurl.com/nxqojnj - Daily Star

Savile to be dug up and cremated - Haywain
"The body of the predatory presenter will be dug out of his grave"

I hope they decide who's going to pay for it first; that great mass of reinforced concrete will take a bit of getting through.

Savile to be dug up and cremated - henry k
Lot easier to bury the whole lot at sea where the trawlers do not go ?

Savile to be dug up and cremated - Lygonos
Daily Star.

Savile to be dug up and cremated - CGNorwich
I though the consensus was that he should rot in his grave.

Savile to be dug up and cremated - Zero
>> I though the consensus was that he should rot in his grave.

Burn in hell I think, bit no-one is prepared to pay to ship the remains to Michigan, so half the job will be done.

Savile to be dug up and cremated - Cliff Pope
Lewis Carroll has just been added to the list of Yewtree suspects:

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/bbc/11368772/BBC-investigates-whether-Lewis-Carroll-was-repressed-paedophile-after-nude-photo-discovery.html

It's not actually very new news. I remember reading or seeing this in a documentary years ago, I think about the rather ambivalent Victorian attitudes to nudity.
There was some correspondence quoted between Carroll and various ladies who wanted him to photograph their daughters.
They were certainly a bit odd by our standards - different country of course.

Savile to be dug up and cremated - Armel Coussine
>> Lewis Carroll has just been added to the list of Yewtree suspects:

Not quite. 'Sublimated' is a key word in his case. There's no evidence or even allegation that he laid a lustful finger on Alice or anyone else.

He was a photographer in the earliest days of photography. Took a lot of setting up, and people found all the magical-seeming processing a bit scary and sinister, with bad smells.

When the middle daughter was about 2 or 3 I took a very jolly full-frontal photo of her in the bath, standing up brandishing a cheerful arm above her head. A few years later the film processing people might easily have reported me to the authorities as a possible nonce. Trouble is, there are a few cases of hideous child abuse covered by the media, and then dumbos of every stripe fall into hysterics and think it's everywhere. It isn't of course.

Operation Yewtree - Volume 24 - R.P.
New Zealand Judge appointed....common sense finally prevails

Operation Yewtree - Volume 24 - rtj70
Must have taken your idea - although you didn't mention New Zealand :-)

Latest Forum Posts