Non-motoring > Aldi Air Fryer Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 36

Aldi Air Fryer - BobbyG
Anyone got one of these? Any good?
For the last 20 odd years we have never had a deep fat fryer in the house and only ever do oven chips. But would be interested in this if it did "healthier" fried chips?

www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-13-november/product-detail/ps/p/multi-fryer-1/?pk_campaign=uk_product_newsletter&pk_kwd=2014-11-10_15-24

Aldi Air Fryer - CGNorwich
You can obtain the same result by drizzling a little oil over some chipped potatoes - chunky are best and stick them in a hot oven for 20 minutes or until golden. Give them a shake half way through.
 Aldi Air Fryer - MD
Mrs. MD does just that but cuts thin slices as opposed to 'chips'.
 Aldi Air Fryer - madf
>> Mrs. MD does just that but cuts thin slices as opposed to 'chips'.
>>

They are called Potato Wedges.

Some nice packet coverings for them..
 Aldi Air Fryer - Zero
>> >> Mrs. MD does just that but cuts thin slices as opposed to 'chips'.
>> >>
>>
>> They are called Potato Wedges.

No - they will be the ones cut into wedges,
 Aldi Air Fryer - MD
>> They are called Potato Wedges.
>>
Incorrect Madders. She cuts then flat, same thickness all the way through, even even. No wedge shape to them at all :-)
 Aldi Air Fryer - VxFan
>> Incorrect Madders. She cuts then flat, same thickness all the way through, even even. No
>> wedge shape to them at all :-)

Potato thins, or potato slices then.
 Aldi Air Fryer - madf
Same thickness?

Amazing.. I just cut them into whatever size an d shape I think will cook..Why bother with the effort when it'll be all eaten in a few minutes..?

My cooking is so regarded that it all vanishes in a few minutes anyway.. (some may be down the bin when I am not looking)
 Aldi Air Fryer - Pat
>>My cooking is so regarded that it all vanishes in a few minutes anyway.. (some may be down the bin when I am not looking)<<

Mine has the same effect!

But why anyone would waste their lives peeling potatoes and cutting them up is beyond me...just by a bag of frozen chips and sprinkle spices on them if you want wedges.

Far more interesting things to do.

Pat
 Aldi Air Fryer - madf

>> Far more interesting things to do.
>>
>> Pat
>>

I grow my own.

And when they run out, I like freshly cut spuds..
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 13 Nov 14 at 21:23
 Aldi Air Fryer - Pat
That's all fine and dandy if you can hold them to peel them...

In this house they fly off at a tangent, the cats chase them across the floor, I struggle to bend down and pick them up and anyway, flowers are much nicer to grow, so there!!

Pat
 Aldi Air Fryer - NortonES2
Potatoes have flowers. So you can benefit both ways:)
 Aldi Air Fryer - No FM2R
I have never yet found anything, including chips, that cannot be satisfactorily prepared with a telephone.
 Aldi Air Fryer - Zero
>> I have never yet found anything, including chips, that cannot be satisfactorily prepared with a
>> telephone.

If you like your chips soggy, sure.
 Aldi Air Fryer - No FM2R
>>If you like your chips soggy, sure.

Chip shop, walking distance, delivers. Good chips.

www.zomato.com/es/photos/pv-res-8303770-r_MjA4OTM0NDg4MT
 Aldi Air Fryer - Duncan
>> >>If you like your chips soggy, sure.
>>
>> Chip shop, walking distance, delivers. Good chips.
>>
>> www.zomato.com/es/photos/pv-res-8303770-r_MjA4OTM0NDg4MT
>>

I see that I am invited to conectarse on Facebook. Sounds nasty!
 Aldi Air Fryer - Kevin
>I have never yet found anything, including chips, that cannot be satisfactorily prepared with a telephone.

Since when could you get a real bacon sandwich anywhere in the Americas?
 Aldi Air Fryer - Zero
>> >I have never yet found anything, including chips, that cannot be satisfactorily prepared with a
>> telephone.
>>
>> Since when could you get a real bacon sandwich anywhere in the Americas?

or a Yorkshire pud
 Aldi Air Fryer - Kevin
>or a Yorkshire pud

And the preparation time for crisps, marmite and HP Sauce is 2 weeks after you've got the urge and called your sister?
 Aldi Air Fryer - No FM2R
>>And the preparation time for crisps, marmite and HP Sauce is 2 weeks after you've got the urge and called your sister?

Closer to 3.

[sigh]
 Aldi Air Fryer - No FM2R
>>or a Yorkshire pud

Pick up telephone, call wife; "I've reconsidered, I'll have the entire thing repainted by the time you get home if you'll make me a full roast on Sunday".

>>t a real bacon sandwich anywhere in the Americas

www.hubbardandsmith.com/es_productos.php

Aldi Air Fryer - Zero
SQ for the lazy person again!

>> www.hubbardandsmith.com/es_productos.php
>>

And the real butter? and the real bread?
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 14 Nov 14 at 01:40
 Aldi Air Fryer - No FM2R
The butter I can get. Kind of screwed on the bread though.
 Aldi Air Fryer - Ted

>> That's all fine and dandy if you can hold them to peel them...

Trish...You're a glutton for culinary punishment.......Don't peel the beggars..just scrub 'em clean and cut 'em with the skins on. Much nicer and more gooderer for you !
 Aldi Air Fryer - Pat
>>with the skins on<<

These come in bags out of my freezer too!

Meantime, I perch in the greenhouse, on my stool with a coffee and ciggy planning next years garden and watching the wildlife!

I know where I'd rather be:)

Pat

Aldi Air Fryer - Skip
I>> Anyone got one of these? Any good?
>> For the last 20 odd years we have never had a deep fat fryer in
>> the house and only ever do oven chips. But would be interested in this if
>> it did "healthier" fried chips?
>>
Its another gadget that will end up at the back of a cupboard within weeks never to be used again !
 Aldi Air Fryer - MD
Or in the Skip, Skip.
 Aldi Air Fryer - Haywain
From the picture, there appears to be a central pillar. Presumably, if I wanted to do poppadoms, I'd have to cut a hole out of the middle - like a Polo mint?
 Aldi Air Fryer - mikeyb
Guess this is the same as the tefal actifry.

I know a few people who have the actifry and swear by it, but they appear to give up the ghost fairly regularly, although I see that the Aldi one has a 3 year warranty.

Aldi Air Fryer - Ted
We had an Actifry it was brilliant...when the lid wasn't broken !

Gave up on ordering new lids eventually and chucked the whole thing !
 Aldi Air Fryer - WillDeBeest
I know a few people who have the actifry...but they appear to give up the ghost fairly regularly...

Not such healthy chips, then.
};---)
 Aldi Air Fryer - Cliff Pope
Very good, Mr WdeB :)

We use a traditional wire basket dipped in a pan of boiling oil to produce real chips.

Only last night when reorganising the kitchen noticeboard I came across the old warning postcard about handling chip pan fires.
The children used to sing the words to the tune of Mary Poppins "If you want this choice position":

"If your chip pan catches fire,
Do not move pan or use water.
Turn off heat,
Cover with damp cloth,
Leave to cool for half an hour."

The scansion goes completely haywire in the last two lines, like Willie Rushton on I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue.
 Aldi Air Fryer - WillDeBeest
Glad someone got it.
};---)

There's a fire blanket in the kitchen at work (not that there's anything more incendiary there than a couple of basic microwaves). On the case is a picture of a man in chef's whites using a blanket to cover a pan fire - doing all the right things but with a bright blue gas flame still roaring away underneath.
 Aldi Air Fryer - Stuartli
Couldn't say a blow torch or bunsen burner also be regarded as an Airfryer? :-)
 Aldi Air Fryer - Bromptonaut
>> There's a fire blanket in the kitchen at work (not that there's anything more incendiary
>> there than a couple of basic microwaves

In the 'right' hands a microwave of course is perfectly capable of starting a fire.

Somebody in another office floor above us put a potato in to bake. Firstly she set it for ten times the number of minutes intended and then she forgot about it. Eventually it set the smokes and/or hot spot detectors off and triggered the alarm. The fire warden found it when checking for 'all out'.

Apparently it was still glowing and smoking when the LFB arrived 5 minutes later.

Took so long for building to be declared safe that boss sent us home.

It was b***** cold standing in Carey St for 40 minutes.
 Aldi Air Fryer - Haywain
"Took so long for building to be declared safe that boss sent us home.`"

Ah - that old trick! Public sector? ;-)
 Aldi Air Fryer - Cliff Pope

>>
>> Ah - that old trick! Public sector? ;-)
>>

No, the public sector can't go bankrupt.

:)

Carey Street
Latest Forum Posts