Non-motoring > Small amplifier for TV, DVD, Digi box Miscellaneous
Thread Author: TheManWithNoName Replies: 5

Small amplifier for TV, DVD, Digi box - TheManWithNoName
I have a 30 year old Technics amp hooked up to some Kenwood speakers that I sometimes use when I want better sound through my TV or Blu Ray.
Due to its age the amp is a bit crackly and sometimes I have to wiggle connectors to get it to work so I want to replace the amp with something much smaller. I have been looking at some of the ones on Amazon made my Muse, Topping or Lepai and wondering if they are up to the job.
Has anyone experienced these or know of any that have multiple inputs so I can permanently have it connected to the digi box and DVD?
 Small amplifier for TV, DVD, Digi box - RichardW
How small do you need...

How about tinyurl.com/nmqsx4j

Was well reviewed when new, and available for a long time unaltered, 7 sets of inputs, sounds good(*).

*I might be a bit biased, as I have one - still fine at nearly 15 years old.... :-)
 Small amplifier for TV, DVD, Digi box - Zero
If your TV is connected to the digi box and the DVD by HDMI, you don't need multiple inputs, you simply take the output from the TV, because the path is entirely digital.
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 13 Nov 14 at 21:24
 Small amplifier for TV, DVD, Digi box - Bigtee
It's time to scrap the lot for a 42" flat screen and surround sound.

Treat yourself for Christmas even Asda have some good deals on TV's.
 Small amplifier for TV, DVD, Digi box - Stuartli
A sound bar would perhaps prove even neater:

www.richersounds.com/products/hi-fi-separates/speakers/soundbars

uk.pcmag.com/computer-speaker-reviews/3988/guide/the-best-soundbars (plenty of similar reviews available)
 Small amplifier for TV, DVD, Digi box - Aretas
Where does the crackle come from? Is it when you rotate the volume control? If so, this should solve it:
www.amazon.co.uk/Brand-Servisol-Professional-Switch-Cleaner/dp/B000KHE1D0/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1415978495&sr=1-2&keywords=switch+cleaner

Or it may be that the nut holding the control has loosened slightly, when tightening the nut will solve it.
Latest Forum Posts