Turkish delight! - MD
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30183711

I think not.
 Turkish delight! - Westpig
>> www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30183711
>>
>> I think not.
>>

Some would have this Turkey as part of the EU.
 Turkish delight! - Zero

>> Some would have this Turkey as part of the EU.

Except of course the EU rejected their application. More than once. However you have to remember "this turkey" is a key Nato outpost. I know how keen you were for us to go charging into foreign parts to kick some bodies about, Turkey was a key military asset in that.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 24 Nov 14 at 21:31
 Turkish delight! - Haywain
And what would Christmas be without Turkey?
 Turkish delight! - No FM2R
A turkey is just for Christmas, not for life.
 Turkish delight! - Zero

Get stuffed
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 24 Nov 14 at 21:53
 Turkish delight! - MD
>> And what would Christmas be without Turkey?
>>
A darn site tastier.
 Turkish delight! - Clk Sec
Couldn't agree more. There are plenty of alternatives.
 Turkish delight! - Zero
>> Couldn't agree more. There are plenty of alternatives.

Depends, a good fresh free range bird, well cooked is quite tasty. Prefer duck but thats damn hard to cook well at home, (crisp fat, pink in the middle), Hate goose, have chicken all the time, not a great pork lover, love a home cooked gammon, but usually we go for a Nice leg of Lamb.
 Turkish delight! - Haywain
"A darn site tastier."

TBH, we don't eat turkey either. It is the tradition in our household to have a Suffolk black smoked, cured gammon supplied by Rolfe's of Walsham le Willows ……. now, that is tasty.
 Turkish delight! - Cliff Pope
>> And what would Christmas be without Turkey?
>>

UKIP policy is to send foreign turkeys back home, and give the jobs to our native geese.
 Turkish delight! - Zero
>> >> And what would Christmas be without Turkey?
>> >>
>>
>> UKIP policy is to send foreign turkeys back home, and give the jobs to our
>> native geese.

Yeah - ruddy immigrants aint they. I 'ang em from me flagpole over me wite van
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 25 Nov 14 at 08:22
 Turkish delight! - Manatee
The Nigella Farage Christmas Cook Book has the Roaste Beefe of Olde Englande on the cover, Shirley?

Perhaps an Aylesbury duck would be patriotic.

Beef for us as often as not, rib roast being usual, unless I am overcome with extravagance in advance and pre order sirloin on the bone with the fillet. I'm so hungry now.

I've forgotten what the thread was about. Oh yes, the Turkish pres. Perhaps that was just the Turkish version of 'equality of opportunity' and something was lost in translation.
>> Except of course the EU rejected their application. More than once. However you have to
>> remember "this turkey" is a key Nato outpost. I know how keen you were for
>> us to go charging into foreign parts to kick some bodies about, Turkey was a
>> key military asset in that.
>>

Yes, all valid... my point however, is that I would not wish for a fellow EU member to be so blatantly discriminatory against 50% of the population.

Unless of course you subscribe to the 'someone's religion and culture' is more important than major breaches of sex discrimination, homophobia or animal welfare abuses, etc.
 Turkish delight! - Zero

>> Unless of course you subscribe to the 'someone's religion and culture' is more important than
>> major breaches of sex discrimination, homophobia or animal welfare abuses, etc.

No I don't, and nor does the EU, which is why...........

Just wanted to pull you up on the "this Turkey" comment, and point out that they actually assisted in upholding some of your other views,.

Last edited by: Zero on Tue 25 Nov 14 at 09:18
>> No I don't, and nor does the EU, which is why...........
>>
>> Just wanted to pull you up on the "this Turkey" comment, and point out that
>> they actually assisted in upholding some of your other views,.

O.K...consider me 'pulled up' then.
 Turkish delight! - Bromptonaut
Turkey is hardly alone either in or out of the EU in having politicians with Neanderthal views on gender (or religion/nationality).

I'm sure there are some truly egregious examples form Australia, if not at federal level then in the state assemblies. Italy has had Berlusconi and Nigel's new mates from Poland are both sexist AND holocaust deniers.
 Turkish delight! - Cliff Pope
>> politicians with
>> Neanderthal views

I suppose we are only free to indulge in non-PC racial comments about Neanderthals because they are extinct.
Imagine the rumpus if a colony were discovered to be still living. We'd suddenly have to curb our prejudices, instead embrace their varied culture and mores, and make provision for their special needs.
 Turkish delight! - madf
We all have 3-4% Neanderthal in our genes..so don't insult me please.
 Turkish delight! - neiltoo
>> politicians with
>> Neanderthal views

You have some record of the political or social views of neanderthal man?

8o)
 Turkish delight! - neiltoo
www.livescience.com/28036-neanderthals-facts-about-our-extinct-human-relatives.html
 Turkish delight! - Armel Coussine
>> the political or social views of neanderthal man?

'I say, d'you see those Sapiens creatures over there on the edge of that copse? Pretty tasty looking, what? Got your auroch's thighbone club? Good, so have I, see? Let's go...

MEAT! MEEEEAT!'
 Turkish delight! - NortonES2
tinyurl.com/ldcp59h

Duralumin frame, 1929.
>> Turkey is hardly alone either in or out of the EU in having politicians with
>> Neanderthal views on gender (or religion/nationality).
>>
>> I'm sure there are some truly egregious examples form Australia, if not at federal level
>> then in the state assemblies. Italy has had Berlusconi and Nigel's new mates from Poland
>> are both sexist AND holocaust deniers.
>>

Two wrongs don't make a right. Can we agree they are all wrong?
 Turkish delight! - Bromptonaut
>> Two wrongs don't make a right. Can we agree they are all wrong?

Of course we can but should we forego diplomatic contact or alliance on principle with all nations led by or hosting Neanderthal politicians?
Latest Forum Posts