Non-motoring > At The Movies - The Imitation Game Miscellaneous
Thread Author: wokingham Replies: 5

At The Movies - The Imitation Game - wokingham
I have just been to see this; 2 weeks ago I had the choice of this or Turner, chose Turner. Imitation Game is far superior IMO. Script derived and simplified from the fine biography by Andrew Hodge and, apart from 3 actors, the cast was largely new to me. It is a gripping story, well told and very well acted. Benedict Cumberbatch is mesmerising, as is Alex Lawther, who portrays Turing as a schoolboy. He may turn out to be the next Cumberbatch! Well worth the price a ticket and two hours of one's time.
 At The Movies - The Imitation Game - rtj70
We went to see this last night. It is an excellent movie. I second the recommendation.

I thought the boy playing a young Turing was very good as well.

We'd normally go to our local old-style cinema but it's currently closed. So went to the multi-plex for the first time in years. Avoided the full price tickets and went on the cheap Tuesday deal :-)
Last edited by: rtj70 on Wed 26 Nov 14 at 17:26
 At The Movies - The Imitation Game - Haywain
"Imitation Game is far superior IMO. "

Yep - that's what I said on the 'Turner' thread - but most folk didn't seem to agree with me.

Without comparing and contrasting in detail, 'Turner' sent me to sleep - 'Imitation Game' kept me awake and interested.
 At The Movies - The Imitation Game - helicopter
SWMBO and I wandered into town today and saw this at the matinee.... very good film which kept us and indeed the whole cinema audience quiet for a couple of hours....recommended.
 At The Movies - The Imitation Game - rtj70
We went to our cinema at 6pm. Thinking it would be relatively quiet. About 100 people in there with us. And a Tuesday night too. Probably partly because it's the cheap cinema night :-) But a very good film.
 At The Movies - The Imitation Game - Cliff Pope
It takes liberties with historical accuracy, as they all do, but I'll try and put that annoyance to one side and just enjoy it as a good story.
Latest Forum Posts