Non-motoring > Chris Eubank's impromptu recital of Rudyard Kiplin Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 9

Chris Eubank's impromptu recital of Rudyard Kiplin - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/30208505

Chris Eubank performs an impromptu recital of Rudyard Kipling's poem 'If' during an interview about his son, Chris Eubank Jr.

Eubank Sr has asked his son to learn the poem to inspire him, with the former middleweight and super-middleweight world champion claiming during an interview with BBC Sport's Tim Hague

Not your average ex boxer!

Chris Eubank's impromptu recital of Rudyard Kiplin - BiggerBadderDave
My ex-wife had the hots for him, I'm sure she moaned out his name once when we were having sex. It could have just been the hoover that turned her on though...
 Chris Eubank's impromptu recital of Rudyard Kiplin - Zero

>> Not your average ex boxer!

You could call Eubank many things, average however would not be one of them.
 Chris Eubank's impromptu recital of Rudyard Kiplin - Armel Coussine
>> You could call Eubank many things, average however would not be one of them.

He seems to be a very nice cat actually. Never seen him myself but my wife once ran into him on Brighton seafront. He stopped and patted one of the nippers on the head, smiling down at her benignly in her pushchair.

I like his big American truck tractor too. A fun guy, considering his profession.
 Chris Eubank's impromptu recital of Rudyard Kiplin - Stuu
A very interesting man, featured in a book about eccentrics by Henry Hemming.

I dont know if I like him, but I admire him for being who he wants to be regardless of how others may view him. He does pull off the monocle especially well, id shake his hand just for that.
 Chris Eubank's impromptu recital of Rudyard Kiplin - Pat
Some years ago the PDF was looking for a Patron for the charity.

It needed to be someone who had a connection with lorry drivers.

We approached four people.

Jeremy Clarkson: Curt reply from his wife saying he hadn't time.

Chris Tarrant: No reply whatsoever.

Chris Eubank: No reply whatsoever.

Steve Parrish: Phone call the next day saying 'Hello Pat, how can I help'?.

Guess who got the job and he has proved to be a little gem for us!

Pat
 Chris Eubank's impromptu recital of Rudyard Kiplin - VxFan
>> Chris Tarrant: No reply whatsoever.

Did you try his friend?
 Chris Eubank's impromptu recital of Rudyard Kiplin - Armel Coussine
>> my wife once ran into him on Brighton seafront.

I've checked her memory of the 'meeting'. She was on the seafront with the middle daughter and the youngest granddaughter, then only 1 and in her pushchair. Herself didn't have a clue who he was.

A 'very well-dressed, very fit looking black man' walking the other way with a white male companion, peeled off saying 'I'm going to talk to the baby.' He leaned over the pushchair and said: 'Hello baby, what's your name?' She stared up at him in bewilderment and didn't answer.

The middle daughter is much more switched on to celeb culture, made* Eubank instantly and gave him a dazzling smile and the nipper's name. Only later did she tell my wife who the dead-hard black popinjay really was...

*'made'= US police/criminal slang for 'recognised' or 'spotted', if anyone needs to be told.
 Chris Eubank's impromptu recital of Rudyard Kiplin - helicopter
Seen Eubank a couple of times..... once in a petrol station in Hooley at the north end of M23 where he was signing a few autographs and once in Brighton in his monster truck waving , blaring his horn and generally causing traffic disruption outside of the Churchill Centre...

He strikes me as a lights on but nobody home sort...... I would not have put him down as a Kipling lover....

I like the old naughty seaside postcard by Donald McGill of a studious chap sitting under a tree reading a book saying to the young lady next to him.....

Do you like Kipling?”
“I don’t know, you naughty boy, I’ve never kippled!”
 Chris Eubank's impromptu recital of Rudyard Kiplin - Zero
>> He strikes me as a lights on but nobody home sort...

Good lord No! They guy was switched on and as bright as a button, genuinely eccentric. I didn't like him at first, mistaking that for completely unfounded arrogance. However I admire him, anyone who publicly admits he gave up boxing cos he lost his bottle deserves to be admired.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 30 Nov 14 at 12:42
Latest Forum Posts