Non-motoring > Bluetooth BT Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 11

Bluetooth BT - sherlock47
To ensure that the rest of us can watch TV at a suitable low volume level over the festive season, I thought the solution would be to provide the 94yr old with headphones and bluetotooth link to the TV.

First problem the Sony TV W805 BT does not seem to work with Sony headphones! (or the TV BT does not transmit the audio?)

OK I am smart so I buy a a cheap (£12) BT transmitter. Ok this will pair with headphones and I can set it up, but the process is fiddly for me, no hope of leaving the old man to do it.

Next problem, is that on connecting the power in to the blue tooth module it resets (or at the least disables connection/transmission). Hence you never know when the battery is going to go flat and you cannot eave it permanently powered.

Does anybody know of a cheap BT transmit module that can be continuosly powered, and keeps it pairing set up.

If it had all worked out easily it would have been the ideal solution for when he moves into his sheltered flat after XMas. so he could watch TV without disturbing the realtively close new neighbours. Maybe resort to old technology and cover the floor with cable as a trip hazard?
 Bluetooth BT - CGNorwich
Buy a set of these

www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/sennheiser-rs120-ii-wireless-open-back-on-ear-headphone-system.html
 Bluetooth BT - Zero
forget bluetooth, all that pairing malarky, go Wireless (radio) headphones.
 Bluetooth BT - No FM2R
What Zero said.

BT is a pain in the butt on these things unless you are prepared to constantly mess around with it.

I changed to wireless headphones which just work.
 Bluetooth BT - Bromptonaut
Another endorsement for wireless here too.
 Bluetooth BT - No FM2R
Mine are a bit old now, but I think this is the updated model....

www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDRRF865RK-Wireless-Over-Ear-Headphones-black/dp/B004MPQ81Y/ref=sr_1_20?s=electronics-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1418292185&sr=1-20
 Bluetooth BT - Bromptonaut
Mum uses these:

www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-00131958-WHP3001BK-Wireless-Headphones-Black/dp/B0057LWOPG

On second pair now but only 'cos she sat on the originals and snapped them.
 Bluetooth BT - Roger.
Mine are www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-RS-170-Wireless-Headphone/dp/B002TLT10I

and work well.
 Bluetooth BT - WillDeBeest
Or just run a long cable round the skirting board to his seating position, with a female 3.5mm socket anchored to the arm of the chair. Eliminates the trip hazard and the need for batteries, chargers and pairing.
Thanks for all the good info replies. I must admit I had not thought of 'wireless' ie radio headphones, was not aware that the technology has been updated and still for sale.

Agree with Z - the faff of BT is not worth the trouble, although it would have been useful if it had worked direct to the TV.

Also does away with any lip sync issues. Probably important if you are becoming a lip reader with increasing age.
@
( :- )
@
Last edited by: sherlock47 on Thu 11 Dec 14 at 15:12
 Bluetooth BT - smokie
No idea where you are Sherlock but I have a couple of sets of the Sennheisers above, happy to get rid of one for a reasonable price - but they are a few years old now and I'd need to check the battery hasn't gone u/s. They'd also be quite heavy to post. I'm in Berkshire. Contact through mods email if interested.
smokie - thanks,
I have asked mods to forward you my email address.
Latest Forum Posts