Non-motoring > Alleged North Korean outrage Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 9

Alleged North Korean outrage - Armel Coussine
... over this new movie that's been made about the assassination of Kim Jong Un strikes me as somewhat hyped-up. Of course NK would have complained for form's sake, but it doesn't give the impression of being very upset. Rather the contrary indeed.

Perhaps this clamour isn't total hype from the ground up as I am tempted to think it is, but the actual film simply has to be a worthless and dreary pile of excrement, its producers certainly know that, and there is no such thing as bad publicity: if a movie makes a 'scandal', mug punters will flock to see it however piteous it may be in reality. Exposure - the name being all over the media - is far more valuable than serious critical approval in box-office terms.

Even Kim himself may be quite happy with all the hype. After all he's fairly unlikely to be killed in reality, being well protected and basically a frivolous fellow, really just a figurehead with little or no real power. What's more, if my memory serves me well, he spends a lot of his leisure time watching Hollywood movies and is probably quite a film buff. I wouldn't mind a film about my own assassination if it was bad enough and if the lookalike playing me was actually fitter and better looking than I am, with similar but better hair. So why should Kim?

If the movie was any good it would be different. But it's got to be execrable.

:o}
 Alleged North Korean outrage - Focusless
Well there was definitely a hack attack on Sony - good summary here:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30512032

The leaked emails including the one from a film producer describing Angelina Jolie as a "minimally talented spoiled brat" were interesting :)
Last edited by: Focusless on Sun 21 Dec 14 at 18:09
 Alleged North Korean outrage - Old Navy

>> The leaked emails including the one from a film producer describing Angelina Jolie as a
>> "minimally talented spoiled brat" were interesting :)
>>

Interesting? Who really gives a stuff what someone they have never met thinks about someone they have only seen on a screen.
 Alleged North Korean outrage - CGNorwich
>>
>> Interesting? Who really gives a stuff what someone they have never met thinks about someone
>> they have only seen on a screen.
>>

Probably about the same number as those who cares about your post on the subject :-)
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Sun 21 Dec 14 at 18:58
>> Who really gives a stuff what someone they have never met thinks about someone
>> they have only seen on a screen.

Angelina Jolie is a remarkable-looking girl, and has played in some middling schlock movies. She has in fact some star quality... but in the modern manner she seems somehow very far from personable. She's got a look that would freeze your blood in your veins.

Modern Hollywood's all a bit like that of course, and Burbank. Just like old Hollywood. You wouldn't have wanted Bette Davis's teeth in your throat, back in her day.
>> Well there was definitely a hack attack on Sony

Yes, all grist to the hype-mill though. And surely just knockabout comedy compared to anything actually serious? Sony gets free worldwide publicity by pretending to annoy Kim... everyone's happy, win-win-win, tall glasses of hot rice wine or Johnnie Walker all round.
 Alleged North Korean outrage - Robin O'Reliant
The Americans are being a bit silly over this. If the Koreans had made a film about the assassination of Obama the Pentagon would have been screaming blue murder and no doubt putting a few bombers in the air.
 Alleged North Korean outrage - Zero
Most of the IT security community think the North Korea idea is hogwash, and point instead to an inside job. Disgruntled ex employee with sysadmin passwords.
 Alleged North Korean outrage - Zero
Interesting read, the KCNA

www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

You may be interested by the date "Juche 103"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korean_calendar
 Alleged North Korean outrage - Bromptonaut
>> Most of the IT security community think the North Korea idea is hogwash, and point
>> instead to an inside job. Disgruntled ex employee with sysadmin passwords.
>>
>>

Chap on another forum who has an academic perspective on security/surveillance issues posted this:

marcrogers.org/2014/12/18/why-the-sony-hack-is-unlikely-to-be-the-work-of-north-korea/
Latest Forum Posts