Non-motoring > Spooky fridge Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 16

Spooky fridge - legacylad
Yesterday am, found the larder part of my integrated fridge freezer to be no longer cooling. Curdled milk on your cornflakes is a bit yucky before work. The light was on, but overnight it had lost it's cooling powers, although the freezer section was perfectly ok. Threw everything into a cool box with some ice blocks ( not much in my fridge!) then dashed to work. Evening, light still on, but not cooling. Sunday am, cooling and back to normal! All I did was push buttons on the temp range and threaten it with disembowelment.
And I was all set to buy a new one....it's a decent Bosch, given me 5 years ago by a relative. Compressor obviously working fine as the freezer section was ok. How odd.
And no, I had not left the fridge door slightly open overnight
 Spooky fridge - Old Navy
Tempremental thermostat ?
 Spooky fridge - Slidingpillar
Mother too has a Bosch fridge freezer. It got its circuit board replaced under guarantee but must be about 8 by now. While the name generally is a good one, I'm not sure their fridge products stand out.

I've one of their professional angle grinders and domestic jigsaw and stick chompers.
 Spooky fridge - crocks
>> Compressor obviously working fine as the freezer section was ok.

I believe some fridge freezers have a compressor for each section.
So maybe just one of yours is working.
 Spooky fridge - Bromptonaut
>> I believe some fridge freezers have a compressor for each section.
>> So maybe just one of yours is working.

I'm in the dodgy stat camp. Monitor and be ready to replace.
 Spooky fridge - Westpig
I'll admit to buying a fridge/freezer once just because the name made me smile in the shop.

S m e g.

Still got it as the beer fridge and it has to be well over 20 years old.

Edit: (Swear filter didn't like it)
Last edited by: Westpig on Sun 4 Jan 15 at 16:55
 Spooky fridge - Bromptonaut
>> I'll admit to buying a fridge/freezer once just because the name made me smile in
>> the shop.
>>
>> S m e g.

Friends we were with at New Year have that make of cooker. Not sure why the word troubles the swear filter. Other than, with an added a at end, the name for a sebaceous secretion found under the prepuce it's not in the dictionary.

I blame the writers of Red Dwarf.

Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Sun 4 Jan 15 at 17:34
 Spooky fridge - Haywain
"Friends we were with at New Year have that make of cooker."

We had one until October when the kitchen was redone. My wife was only too glad to see the back of it!
 Spooky fridge - Armel Coussine
>> I blame the writers of Red Dwarf

Yes. It put me right off that guy with the Scouse accent. Made him into a total turnoff, sounding like a glutinous prat, whether he's really like that or not.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sun 4 Jan 15 at 17:51
 Spooky fridge - Harleyman
Craig Charles; nowadays to be found as an occasional presenter of soul music shows on Radio 2. Quite good at it too, certainly knows his subject.
 Spooky fridge - Zero
and a character in a soap.
 Spooky fridge - sooty123
Red Dwarf

Now that's one comedy show I never found funny at all, not sure why. I always thought it was as funny as eating a cup of cold sick.
 Spooky fridge - Kevin
If it's a few years old, one with the frost-free drain visible at the bottom rear of the fridge section, make sure that the little plastic pipe that runs down from the drain to the top of the compressor isn't blocked.

That was the cause of an identical problem to yours with our old Bosch FF (LED temp display at top beside a flip up cover over the settings buttons.)
 Spooky fridge - Slidingpillar
Red Dwarf is one of those programmes that got progressively worse. Series 1 and 2 were ok, and then it went down hill.

The writers of Watery Fowls knew this effect and that is why they only made 12 episodes. (And if you don't understand, Google is your friend).
 Spooky fridge - CGNorwich
No it didn't Sereis 6 was the best in my opinion. Gunmen of the Apocalypse?? Emohawk - Polymorph II?? And of course Rimmerworld. I rest my case.

And those 12 episodes of Faulty Towers iare starting to pall on me. Shame they didn't make some more.
 Spooky fridge - Stuartli
Bosch products are not as good as they used to be. My Bosch fridge, not a cheap one, failed after around five years....:-(

The Lec freezer on which it was housed was more than 30 years old and still going strong. In the end I decided to buy a Beko 70 cm wide fridge/freezer to replace both of them and that's given no trouble over the past four and a half years.
 Spooky fridge - legacylad
Thanks for your replies. It was donated to me FOC five years ago by a relative, and having no paperwork I guess it is about 10yo. Which is by the by.
Anyway, I just hope it is a temperamental stat as suggested earlier. Probably housed under the temp control buttons upper right. Fingers crossed it was a temporary blip!
Latest Forum Posts