Non-motoring > bacon butty boy Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 21

bacon butty boy - Armel Coussine
... didn't last long, did he?

Seems more than likely that the mods pulled and dumped that thread for their own reasons. But if they did it at anyone's request, I really wish people wouldn't be so wimpish.
 bacon butty boy - Focusless
When was that AC? Didn't spot it.
 bacon butty boy - Ted

Nor I.
Yesterday. That isn't the exact username, but it had bacon in it. Contributions from FMR, me and I think someone else. But as I said, it wasn't up for very long.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Tue 6 Jan 15 at 14:20
 bacon butty boy - smokie
I didn't see it, what was it about?
>> what was it about?

Hand-held speed cameras essentially, but the OP diverged into what some may have seen as an anti-police rant. I expressed the view that our coppers here wouldn't have been offended, having been called everything under the sun in their time.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Tue 6 Jan 15 at 15:22
Remnants here:
www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=17895&v=f
Last edited by: Focusless on Tue 6 Jan 15 at 15:24
>> Remnants here:

'This message is hidden', it says. No remnants to be seen.
>> 'This message is hidden', it says. No remnants to be seen.

Apart from the thread title - just proved that it did exist, and wasn't another of your alcohol-induced hallucinations :)
>> just proved that it did exist, and wasn't another of your alcohol-induced hallucinations :)

OOh you're such a flatterer... but I seem to be wrong in calling bacon boy the OP, rather than someone who gave a longish thread a new twist.
BTW regarding "didn't last long, did he?", the thread author is shown as Robbie34, who's been around since the year dot (2010).
 bacon butty boy - sooty123
I expressed the view that our coppers here wouldn't have been offended,
>> having been called everything under the sun in their time.
>>

I read the rant and thought similar, very unlikely to bother them.
 bacon butty boy - BiggerBadderDave
"But as I said, it wasn't up for very long."

Neither was mine.
 bacon butty boy - Manatee
The original thread is still in the Google cache, as at 3/1/15, with no posts since August. I assume bacon butty was somebody who chimed in and stirred it up.
 bacon butty boy - Westpig
Damn missed it.. I like a good debate
The cached (non-controversial) thread mentioned by Manatee:
tinyurl.com/mrd7wlc
 bacon butty boy - Zero
>> Damn missed it.. I like a good debate

It wasn't. Nothing missed. Some loon popped up changing his user name every 5 minutes, usually insulting about the old bill. One of them was bacon something or other.

He was convinced civilian camera operators were the spawn of the devil, it was all a lizard being conspiracy and managed to mix police corruption into the brew.
>> He was convinced civilian camera operators were the spawn of the devil

Well, at least he was more or less right about that. 90% anyway.
 bacon butty boy - VxFan
You trying to stir up a hornets nest AC?

For the record, his username fell foul of the T's & C's of this forum.

i.e. it could have been deemed offensive to some people, especially serving and retired members of the police force who are also forum members here.

I changed his username and politely mentioned that he was welcome to change it to something else but to keep it sensible and non offensive to anyone. He failed to do so and changed it to something that still had a cryptic meaning, so I disabled his account and hid the thread to prevent further discussion in it. The thread was first posted some 18 months ago, and I guess he found it via a google search before jumping in with his rant. I suspect no one had bothered to read it other than him in those 18 months gone by, hence the reason for removing it.

Vx.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 6 Jan 15 at 21:34
 bacon butty boy - Bromptonaut
The original thread was six months ago (Aug 14).

Agree though that if BBB was only trying to be provocative mod action was fully justified.
 bacon butty boy - VxFan
>> The original thread was six months ago (Aug 14).

You're correct. I got my maths wrong. I also should have locked the thread instead of hiding it. The memory is going. Must have caught it from AC ;)
 bacon butty boy - Cliff Pope
>> >> The memory is going. Must have caught it from AC ;)
>>

It would make a good April Fool: scientists have discovered that the internet can transmit real viruses and illnesses caught from other users. Alzheimers can infect an email and lie dormant on a hard drive until the user passes a certain age.
Latest Forum Posts