Non-motoring > (Not so ) Small Town Links. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 8

(Not so ) Small Town Links. - Bromptonaut
Regulars will know I've recently retired and am using my time as a CAB volunteer.

Of the dozen or so of us working on a Wednesday at CAB I've found following links:

- my trainer and I have FB friend in common. Trainer's previous job was in Council's Housing Dept working with Mum of a lass who's been The Lad's best friend since yr7

- Wife of one of one my CAB gateway mentors was has been friends since childhood with guy I know from rail user group

- fellow volunteer used to work in same Building Society's HQ operation as husband of Mrs B's friend from Mums and tots c 1993

What are your hidden inks?.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Wed 7 Jan 15 at 23:38
 (Not so ) Small Town Links. - Ted

There's some pork and apple links in the fridge waiting for tomorrow !

Whenever anyone posts on the school Old Boys site, I get a notification.

Before Chrimbo I was notified that an old friend was critically ill...now in NZ, a former boyfriend of SWM. Sad for all. The EMail was sent to the site by someone I was best friends with over 50 yrs ago and have not heard of for at least45 yrs. His email address was there and I emailed him.

I got a lovely reply within a day. It was rather sad as he'd just lost his wife of 46 yrs but it was a fairly long mail which I replied to in similar length with my contact details.

That led to at least another 4 of our 6th form ' gang ', including another of SWM's exes. Me ole mate is only 20 miles away so he says he'll come over and let me make him lunch !

Gotta get over this soddin' manflu first.........9 days now...SWM as well !
 (Not so ) Small Town Links. - Fullchat
I'm diagnosing Superman flu there Ted. Worst form of flue known to man.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Thu 8 Jan 15 at 01:10
 (Not so ) Small Town Links. - No FM2R

>> What are your hidden inks?.

Someone on here sold me a car for my sister on behalf of a shared relative we didn't know we had until I read the log book. He knows who he is.

Someone else on here knows very well one of my very best friends on the planet. He doesn't know who he is
 (Not so ) Small Town Links. - Crankcase
There used to be various websites where you could stick in a name and it told you how many links you were away from various famous people. Even an early social networking site called sixdegrees, named after this theory:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation

(Not so ) Small Town Links. - Cliff Pope

>>
>> Someone else on here knows very well one of my very best friends on the
>> planet. He doesn't know who he is
>>

Sounds like Would I Lie To You.

"This is NoFM2R. He once ...."
 (Not so ) Small Town Links. - Crankcase
Ok, so we're looking for someone with Alzheimers...

(Not so ) Small Town Links. - Robin O'Reliant
I got chatting to a customer in a small village in the foothills of the Preseli "Mountain" a year or so back. She obviously wasn't Welsh and when we got comparing notes as to where we came from it turned out her parents were my next door neighbours when I was a schoolboy in Forest gate, east London. She had moved out the year before we moved in (1966) but her parents were there till my mum eventually moved out in '84.

Spitting image of her mother too. Not quite a hidden link, but an amazing coincidence.
 (Not so ) Small Town Links. - bathtub tom
Went to a wedding, where the bride's parents were describing the nearby family with a brood of noisy boys.

My niece's family - she wanted a girl!
Latest Forum Posts