Non-motoring > Disgraceful load of old cobblers Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 5

Disgraceful load of old cobblers - Armel Coussine
One of the channels last night had a long programme on cannabis, and later went on to discuss other drugs.

It was a rehash of the stuff from Jon Snow a few days ago, about getting the horrors from a joint of skunk weed. As always with this sort of thing, the talking heads consisted almost exclusively of ignoramuses and faffing right-wing ideologues and pleasure-haters. Even Professor Nutt, who has a good record on this subject, was squeezed into a corner and made to go along with the drugs-are-dangerous line, although he tried to fight back, looked a bit shamefaced and at the last minute said that 'hash' should go to the least dangerous end of his danger scale.. And there was rational comment from an experienced old teahead who was given a few seconds.

All the rest was a tissue of ovoids designed essentially to confuse and alarm. The usual Scheisse. A contrast was attempted between something called 'skunk' and something called 'hash', as if either of these terms meant just one thing.

I don't really blame Jon Snow who took it all fairly lightly and seemed amused. But as an intelligent man and distinguished professional hack he certainly knew what he was doing. Similar balderdash was spouted about opiates and stimulants.

Definitely not recommended if you want to actually know anything.
 Disgraceful load of old cobblers - Crankcase
This might cheer you up, AC.

www.scientificamerican.com/article/no-link-found-between-psychedelics-and-psychosis1/
 Disgraceful load of old cobblers - Armel Coussine
>> This might cheer you up, AC.

It's always pleasing to see a rational document on drugs. They are as rare as hens' teeth.

That statistical study says what it ought to say: that there may be 'acid casualties' but they are very rare. I would add that they are not necessarily permanent. I know someone who, back in the day, took acid and appeared to be permanently affected by it, worrying and thinking in what I can only call a spiral or circular manner. I was quite worried because I liked him a lot, he was younger than me and I had hired him as my assistant in market research... I was afraid I might have influenced him.

He recovered later, married and moved to Japan where as far as I know he started a second life which worked very well.

LSD is immensely powerful as an experience. Like cannabis, another hallucinogen, it can frighten people who take it very badly. Trouble is, when you're really as ripped as a stoat it can be quite a challenge to hold onto your marbles and believe that the trip through heavenandhell will come to an end in a few hours.

If you are given to panic, don't mess with drugs.
 Disgraceful load of old cobblers - madf
Rubbish.

We all know the "war on drugs" has prevented half the population from taking drugs.

Err the other half.... err

I am sure rich drug dealers fund the anti drugs campaign. De-criminalisation would ruin their business......
 Disgraceful load of old cobblers - Roger.
So, according to our resident drug expert, it's OK for me to get happy on my (prescribed) Tramadol & Codeine taken separately, or together for extra altitude?
 Disgraceful load of old cobblers - Dutchie
Tried a few smokes once of cannabis.Just made me relax nothing else.Some of the stuff can be very powerfull depends on the mixture and the plant.Alcohol is more of a problem but it's legal. look in some of the towns centers on a weekend .A few Codeine does the trick Roger.>:)
Latest Forum Posts