Non-motoring > Apple Watch Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 12

Apple Watch - Duncan
Orders will be taken for the new Apple Watch in April.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-31794823

I am going to order several of the top of the range model. I think this will become a collectors item.
 Apple Watch - Zero
I've been looking at smart watches for a while now, they have come down in price to the level where they are under 30 dollars wholesale, and under a hundred dollars for the smarter better made ones. In the world of watches quality of case construction counts and you can't cut that price down by too much.

At the end of the day however, they suffer from the same issues. All much too big and thick, all suffer from poor battery life, and they all have insufficient screen size to make anything other than telling the time a chore.

So what have Apple brought to the scene to spring the smart watch into the "must have" sector.

Higher prices. And that is all they offer above the competition. Nothing else.

There is of course the brand name, but here they are competing with long established brand names, Rolex, Omega Seiko, etc etc.

It not even convenient to talk to your watch, you get arm ache.

Apple Watch - WillDeBeest
I'm having a little intellectual tussle with myself (should be a good spectacle if anyone wants to come along and, er, watch) over the Apple Watch. It goes like this:

• Wow, that's pretty. I especially like the one with the steel case and the Milanese bracelet.

• But what's it for? I have a watch - several, in fact - to tell the time, and they're all tougher or smarter or more functional than this. I don't need to display text messages on my wrist, and most of what it does requires me to have the phone in my pocket anyway.

• Travel! I do a lot of that, and something with a configurable display could be just the job did managing time zones, reminding me to call home and so on.

• But it needs a charger, and to sit on it every night. What use is a travel gadget that gives me more to carry, not less?

• But I've been wrong about Apple before. I couldn't see a niche for the iPad and they're everywhere now; even I've got one.

• Pretty...shiny...pretty...shiny...

...and there it kind of loses focus. I don't even have a phone it will work with, although I believe I soon will. Anyone come to a firmer conclusion?
Last edited by: WillDeBeest on Tue 10 Mar 15 at 09:36
 Apple Watch - DP
>>
>> It not even convenient to talk to your watch, you get arm ache.
>>

Although you can pretend you are the Hoff in Knight Rider! :-) If someone creates an app that can start your car and move it forward a few feet while popping the door open, as an 80s child, I'd be all over that!
Last edited by: DP on Tue 10 Mar 15 at 09:45
 Apple Watch - Focusless
Mirror review (of mid-range model):
www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/apple-watch-hands-review---5301586
I’m still not sold on smartwatches on the whole - particularly when the battery lasts less than 24 hours - but this one’s the nicest one I've played with so far.
Last edited by: Focusless on Tue 10 Mar 15 at 10:02
 Apple Watch - rtj70
I took a look at the Moto 360 late last year. The best looking IMO of the Android wear watches at the time. But a little big. I might look at the Huawei watch though. It might be the best one. Not sure I need it.

If my fake Rolex battery hand't died (and the back came off) then I'd not be looking at all. The geek in me liked the idea of changing watch faces more than anything. And integration with my smartphone would be a bonus. Charging every night would be a pain though.

Apparently if you use the Apple watch for calls it runs flat in 3 hours. Use if for music streaming and expect maybe 6-7 hours. So you'll have to charge during the day.
 Apple Watch - R.P.
I am watch person. It won't be featuring in my collection.
 Apple Watch - Runfer D'Hills
I think I'd have quite a strong desire to punch anyone wearing an Apple watch. I'd conceal it though and not actually do it but I'd really want to. Men with gel in their hair have a similar effect on me.
 Apple Watch - Roger.
I thought this would be to do with Isaac Newton....................................
 Apple Watch - Fursty Ferret
I have a Garmin Fenix 3. Who needs an iFruit? They're not even waterproof, for crying out loud.
 Apple Watch - Robin O'Reliant
www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/science-technology/the-mash-guide-to-the-iwatch-2015031096087
 Apple Watch - Fursty Ferret
>> I think I'd have quite a strong desire to punch anyone wearing an Apple watch.
>> I'd conceal it though and not actually do it but I'd really want to. Men
>> with gel in their hair have a similar effect on me.
>>

You'd wear gel in your hair if it went into a blonde fluffy afro without it.
 Apple Watch - Mike Hannon
dficu fuldck ccflgigk cqiqoft fthcie, aidit frivic nohbgr lfhov ll he vdoiggg hhf.c if zaibiquck ifsiifgh ilasdf, thp.

Sent from my Apple Watch
Latest Forum Posts