Non-motoring > Consent... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 43

Consent... - No FM2R
Probably not for a huge discussion, but worth pointing out I thought....

rockstardinosaurpirateprincess.com/2015/03/02/consent-not-actually-that-complicated/

(Keep reading until you find the Tea analogy)

EDIT: p.s. rude words, tasteless links and otherwise a bit Daily Mail.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 10 Mar 15 at 20:01
 Consent... - Dave_
I read this earlier today. Brilliant summing-up of the issue.

Unconscious people do not want tea. Trust me on this.
 Consent... - Haywain
My missus doesn't like tea.
 Consent... - Dieselboy
My wife likes tea, but not the way I make it.
 Consent... - Runfer D'Hills
My wife wakes me up with a cup of tea.
 Consent... - sooty123
What type of tea? Breakfast Earl Grey or something else?
 Consent... - Westpig
>> What type of tea?

Whatever you are offered. Grab it while you can.
Don't really mind as long as it's hot.
 Consent... - MD
A Goblin Teasmade does it for you:-0)
Too noisy though, especially if you knock it off.
 Consent... - MD
Tell me more tell me more did you get very far tell m.....
 Consent... - Roger.
>> A Goblin Teasmade does it for you:-0)
>>
(Say it out loud) ;-0

What a louche way to describe your spouse!
 Consent... - MD
Well done Rog. You've caught up :-0)
 Consent... - Roger.
Just switched off the telly (Bluestone 42, recorded) and perhaps a little dozy, innit?
 Consent... - MD
Tee hee. Night night and don't forget the Teasmaid!!
 Consent... - Roger.
Tea is a diuretic, which I don't need late at night, as I'm prostately disadvantaged at present.
Finger up bum from GP today.
Hospital appointment soon with Urologist :-(
Last edited by: Roger. on Tue 10 Mar 15 at 22:07
 Consent... - sooty123
Its only a mild diuretic don't worry too much about having a cup late on.
 Consent... - Dog
>>Its only a mild diuretic don't worry too much about having a cup late on.

I drink 11 mugs o' tea per day starting at 6am downing the last one just b4 bed. I usually get up for a piddle in the early hours, not always though. I find the worse thing is the ginormous salads I do a couple of times a week - mostly water see, salad.
 Consent... - smokie
I hope he at least whispered he loved you as he did it...
 Consent... - Zero
what if you like coffee and tea?
 Consent... - Robin O'Reliant
>> what if you like coffee and tea?
>>

No problem, it's perfectly acceptable to be bi-caffeine in this day and age.
 Consent... - MD
>> Tea is a diuretic, which I don't need late at night, as I'm prostately disadvantaged
>> at present.
>> Finger up bum from GP today.
>> Hospital appointment soon with Urologist :-(
>>
Been there, done that ten years ago. Radical Prostatectomy. Fingers crossed you're fine. Most are.
 Consent... - Dog
>>Finger up bum from GP today.

>>Fingers crossed you're fine

:-D
 Consent... - BiggerBadderDave
I always take it black - that's the best kind.

The best one is always first in the morning but it does cause a few stains on the bed sheet.

Wifey's sister always have it on offer when I nip around but I never seem to get my hands on one - too busy drilling and screwing now that her husband works 100 miles away.
 Consent... - Zero

>> Wifey's sister always have it on offer when I nip around but I never seem
>> to get my hands on one - too busy drilling and screwing now that her
>> husband works 100 miles away.

Well fix the mother in laws tele while you are there.
 Consent... - Roger.
NHS service in Bassetlaw & Doncaster Trust is extraordinarily good. :-)

Saw GP on Tuesday.
Hospital phoned up Wednesday.(Yesterday)
Appointment with urologist Thursday. (Today).

More finger up bum time, :-(

Prognosis = 50/50. Good (benign) or not good (cancer)

Biopsy not recommended at present. (Side effects at my age)

Prostate surgery, at my age, often leads to incontinence. EEK!

Urologist not at all keen to operate given I've had two spinal reductions in last 2 or 3 years. Says back ops. can often affect bladder nerves!

Radiation possible, if worst case found, but side affects at my age, are not nice.

On strict watch with frequent bloods for suddenly elevated PSA (it's a bit up at present)

Prostate shrinkage tabs prescribed.

Hey-ho and on we go!!
 Consent... - smokie
"More finger up bum time, :-("

Is it habit forming?

Good luck with it, I was talking earlier today with someone and we were saying how good the NHS actually is - compared to not having one anyway. The discussion was around the fact that you can go and get properly checked if something is bothering you, without having to worry about the cost.
 Consent... - Lygonos
Especially if your penchant is for a digit in your catflap.
 Consent... - MD
Roger I hope I phrase this correctly. It is reckoned that all men would get some form of Prostrate issues and raised PSA's if they lived long enough, but most men would die of something else and NOT of Prostrate problems. Even raised levels are not a guarantee of Cancer, but not to detract I know only too well how worrying it can be. Explore as many options as possible including seeing as many consultants as you can (I saw three from different specialities) and do your level best to engage them well, it works in my opinion. There is also another reading that they take called 'Gleason' and if the reading is high it suggests aggressive Cancer. How reliable this is I do not know, but my Gleason was through the roof and nobody in the paid medical profession would give me any advice which way to jump. To be fair I was at a loss. Only a young retired surgeon friend said to me that if he had my Gleason reading he'd have the op. I did and I'm still here annoying some of you lot. Hope you are going to be ok. Keep us posted as it is very important for all men.
 Consent... - Lygonos
The Gleason score is made after cancer is found on biopsy.

A one-off PSA test is of limited value, but how it changes over time can often guide when biopsy or treatment is required. ie. if it doubles in 12 months I'd be concerned, if it doubles over 5 years I'd be less concerned.

Finger up bum can highlight a focus of cancer (hard lump) on the prostate (squash ball with a groove down the middle).

I presume Rog was given finasteride to 'shrink' the prostate - this usually takes 4-6months to work well, and it can cause difficulty in judging what the PSA is doing as it usually causes the PSA to drop a bit as the gland shrinks which can mask the change that a cancer would exhibit.

As for the best treatment for prostate cancer if it is found? Noone really knows for sure, hence the different answers from different doctors.
 Consent... - Focusless
I'd be interested to know what the side effects of a prostate biopsy are. I had the pleasure of experiencing one of those a few years ago (mentioned on here), but I don't remember any warnings. Presumably wasn't old enough (late 40s), but still curious.
 Consent... - Lygonos
prostatecanceruk.org/prostate-information/getting-diagnosed/hospital-tests

I hope you were warned:

If you’re gay or bisexual you might need to be careful when you have sex. If you have anal sex, you should ideally wait around six weeks after a biopsy before you receive anal sex
Last edited by: Lygonos on Thu 12 Mar 15 at 21:34
 Consent... - Zero
>> prostatecanceruk.org/prostate-information/getting-diagnosed/hospital-tests
>>
>> I hope you were warned:
>>
>> If you’re gay or bisexual you might need to be careful when you have sex.
>> If you have anal sex, you should ideally wait around six weeks after a biopsy
>> before you receive anal sex

Clearly they assumed Roger was at risk......
 Consent... - Focusless
>> I hope you were warned:
>>
>> If you’re gay or bisexual...

:o

Actually I don't remember them asking, but that doesn't mean they didn't.
 Consent... - Roger.
>> I'd be interested to know what the side effects of a prostate biopsy are. I
>> had the pleasure of experiencing one of those a few years ago (mentioned on here),
>> but I don't remember any warnings. Presumably wasn't old enough (late 40s), but still curious.
>
They take around 16 "bites" of the prostate under a local.
Side effects may be bleeding from both front & back exits (plus possible infections).
The older one is the worse are possible side effects from almost any "procedure, or infection"
 Consent... - Roger.

>> I presume Rog was given finasteride to 'shrink' the prostate - this usually takes 4-6months
>> to work well, and it can cause difficulty in judging what the PSA is doing
>> as it usually causes the PSA to drop a bit as the gland shrinks which
>> can mask the change that a cancer would exhibit.

This stuff!

Dire warnings for adolescents and ladies!

www.nhs.uk/Medicine-Guides/Pages/MedicineOverview.aspx?condition=Prostatic%20hyperplasia%20%28benign%29&medicine=Avodart&preparationAvodart%20500microgram%20capsules
 Consent... - Lygonos
- can lead to hair regrowth if you have a baldy napper (although it tends to be wispy bumfluff rather than a lush barnet)
 Consent... - Dog
>>can lead to hair regrowth if you have a baldy napper

And, um, breast enlargement.

(*_*)
 Consent... - Roger.
>> >>can lead to hair regrowth if you have a baldy napper
>>
>> And, um, breast enlargement.
>>
>> (*_*)
>>

I'll let you know if I get moobs!
 Consent... - Dog
>>I'll let you know if I get moobs!

I 'work out' with weights 3 times a week and t'was only yesterday I was wondering whether I should go for a B cup or a C cup.

:o)
 Consent... - Lygonos
>>I'll let you know if I get moobs!

You mean m( . )( . )bs
Last edited by: Lygonos on Fri 13 Mar 15 at 12:03
 Consent... - legacylad
Your annoying me MD.
Don't think you are old enough for a Honda? Only for young tearaways in R's or old gimmers.if you must, try to get an old NSX. At least it had more than four cylinders.
 Consent... - MD
Good morning LL. I'm afraid this is not the input our Rog was referring to. Roger eh! An appropriate name for the procedure 0:-)
 Consent... - Roger.
I really should move to Piddletrenthide!
Latest Forum Posts