Non-motoring > Eureka! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 9

Eureka! - Armel Coussine
I have often been puzzled by Nigel Farage's penchant for wearing clothes in a wide range of infant-diarrhoea yellowy-browns.

All has now become clear: Mr Farage himself tells us that all UKIP members are 'colour blind'. How naive I was to attribute it to crap sartorial taste!
 Eureka! - Manatee
I thought you must have had a bath.
 Eureka! - madf
I thought you had discovered the secret to eternal youth......
 Eureka! - WillDeBeest
What makes you think he hasn't? His assessment of Farage shows that he's resisting the onset of senility.
 Eureka! - madf
>> What makes you think he hasn't? His assessment of Farage shows that he's resisting the
>> onset of senility.
>>

I agree that Nigel Farage shows no signs of senility :-)
 Eureka! - Armel Coussine
>> I agree that Nigel Farage shows no signs of senility :-)

So do I madf. Can't help worrying a bit about you though.

:o}
 Eureka! - Cliff Pope
>> Mr Farage himself tells us that all UKIP members are
>> 'colour blind'. How naive I was to attribute it to crap sartorial taste!
>>

No, I think it's cleverer than that. He's advertising himself as the kind of fellow you wouldn't want as a member of your club - wears brown shoes, don't you know, not quite ...

So he's saying he's not in the same pocket as Tory establishment type people, but equally, dresses neatly so not a leftie, but does know how to handle a pint - no wimpish half-pint held by the handle stuff al la Ted Heath.

He's a very clever man, with the fatal flaw of being unable to distinguish unsuitable gaff-prone associates.
 Eureka! - Armel Coussine
>> the kind of fellow you wouldn't want as a member of your club - wears brown shoes, don't you know, not quite ...

Nothing wrong with wearing brown shoes with, say, flannel or cavalry twill trousers and a sports or hacking jacket, I was taught when young. Black shoes compulsory with a dark suit though.

Despite having learned these sartorial conventions as a boy, as an adult I have ignored them completely and now dress like an old beatnik or mafia enforcer, grotty white moccasins and shapeless old suit jacket over a black or navy tee shirt with unironed chinos or similar, grey for preference. Might add a pullover of some sort if it's cold.

>> dresses neatly so not a leftie, but does know how to handle a pint

I insist that mustard-coloured corduroy strides with jacket, shirt and waistcoat in other baby-crap shades, may be 'neat' but are far from respectable. I'm sure Farage's clothes are well made from good quality cloth too, and cost as much as proper clothes would (too much for me to afford them in fact).

Anyone can handle a pint FFS. And Farage may be 'very clever' and so on, but he's lumbered with UKIP which isn't a proper political party. I suppose it may get him into parliament.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Fri 13 Mar 15 at 18:06
 Eureka! - Armel Coussine
>> Farage may be 'very clever' and so on, but he's lumbered with UKIP

That gives him a hunted, beleaguered look sometimes. In political terms he's herding cats - the UKIP gang are a disparate bunch.

But I do think he's personable as well as quick in the uptake. Sort of personable anyway. I don't envy him at all, but he's obviously very able and I always smile when I see his image, whatever he's saying at the time. Sort of good fun, and very often funny both deliberately and accidentally.

I should repeat that my attitudes to these matters are irresponsible by definition. I see politics as knockabout entertainment.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Fri 13 Mar 15 at 18:50
 Eureka! - NortonES2
Not unlike your commentary, which I applaud. Carry on....
Latest Forum Posts