Non-motoring > Go Pro camera Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 5

Go Pro camera - BobbyG
Anyone got one?

My brother has one and at a family party last night he brought it out his pocket to take some group photos and videos. Was very impressed with how wide the lens was, taking in people who I thought would just not have been captured in the photo.

Had only known of its uses as an action camera with all the attachements, didn't realise it was quite so versatile!

And my b-I-l is now dropping hints about his 50th in a couple of months....
 Go Pro camera - Zero
As you know I have a go pro type, and yes they are ideal for indoors shots of family gatherings. The wide camera angle does however have a slight fish eye at the extremities
 Go Pro camera - Boxsterboy
Yes, got one. Mostly used in sporting endeavours, but have also seen them used attached to a drone for aerial shots of hard-to-reach bits of buildings (roofs). They are very good.

Try and see one of their demo on a shop display - probably viewable on their website too?
 Go Pro camera - Fursty Ferret
>> As you know I have a go pro type, and yes they are ideal for
>> indoors shots of family gatherings. The wide camera angle does however have a slight fish
>> eye at the extremities
>>

Does yours cope with the low light level indoors OK, Zero? My HD Hero 2 generates incredibly noisy images if it's not bright sunlight.

I've used mine a few times at work when flying into interesting places.
 Go Pro camera - WillDeBeest
"You should have seen their faces in the control tower." Now we can.
};---)
 Go Pro camera - Zero

>> Does yours cope with the low light level indoors OK, Zero?

No not really, its ok with well lit indoor scenes, say about 200 watts of artificial light, but under that, as you say it increases the film speed and images get noisy.

Afraid that is the nature of the beast, they have, by application definition, a small lens and small hole means less light in anyones business.
Latest Forum Posts