Non-motoring > Another few hours of my life to be wasted. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 8

Another few hours of my life to be wasted. - R.P.
Cracking site though.
genome.ch.bbc.co.uk
 Another few hours of my life to be wasted. - BiggerBadderDave
Had my mother just finished giving birth to me, and had there been a telly at the Army Salvation hospital, I'd be watching Camberwick Green.
 Another few hours of my life to be wasted. - R.P.
Hahahahaha....
 Another few hours of my life to be wasted. - Crankcase
Lovely stuff. Wish they'd done all the covers though, rather than just one per year. My birth year has the Sid James cover, which can't be bad.

Interesting that I recognise all the people in the cover pictures from the sixties and seventies, about half in the eighties, and nothing much at all after 1994.
 Another few hours of my life to be wasted. - Ted
There were only two channels on the day of my birth. At 3 pm I would have been lying, gurgling, in my bassinette listening to Sheffield Wednesday playing Manchester City at Hillsborough.

I suppose that's when I became a City supporter. December 1945.
 Another few hours of my life to be wasted. - Bromptonaut
>> would have been lying, gurgling, in my bassinette listening to Sheffield Wednesday playing Manchester City
>> at Hillsborough.

Is that a Lancashire dialect word? Only other place I recall hearing it was when Gracie Fields recounted the contents of her bottom drawer:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEZI6D5VVPY
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Tue 24 Mar 15 at 23:24
 Another few hours of my life to be wasted. - Ted

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bassinet
 Another few hours of my life to be wasted. - PeterS
Airlines provide bassinets for babies, so I think it's more widely used than that:

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k5787296-Baby_Bassinets-Air_Travel.html

Though the world of airlines throws up some odd use of language at times as well... In the event of a landing on water... ;) a That'll be a crash?!?
 Another few hours of my life to be wasted. - helicopter
Zeddo posted a link to this genome site last year,quite a long thread as I recall.....
Latest Forum Posts