Non-motoring > Phil Atterly Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 3

Phil Atterly - Ted

Geddit ?......I've never seen a stamp collecting thread here. Does anyone collect or know much about them ?

Reason for asking is that me mate and his lady wife came for dinner over the weekend and got to mentioning a relly they were going to visit next week. He is a mad keen stamp enthusiast. I mentioned that we had late FiL's collection somewhere. My pal offered to take it to show if I could find it.

Looking for something else today I found the album. It's a ' Portland ' loose leaf album. There must be a thousand stamps ranging from Argentina to Yugoslavia. Most are in good condition but used. A fair number of UK Victorian ones and even a couple of Deutche..'Reichspost ' with dear Uncle Adolf on them. All the pages have been well looked after.

I used to collect as a kid...remember those packets of assorted stamps you could buy by post ? Always a thrill to open.

Anyone here into the hobby ? I don't suppose there's any value to them but it's a shame for them to be just hidden away in a drawer.
 Phil Atterly - R.P.
Funnily enough I was looking for something last night. My eyes fell on a wooden box containing the remnants of my stamp collection I abandoned as a youth. A friend and ran a small scale business in our teens, made a bob or two. My friend runs a wind turbine company now...probably more money in that
 Phil Atterly - MD
I'm not a fan of those things.
 Phil Atterly - Bromptonaut
Tried it as a kid but lacked the patience. Collecting aircraft registrations OTOH......
Latest Forum Posts