Non-motoring > Ceramic Frying Pans. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 21

Ceramic Frying Pans. - R.P.
Anyone using them - any good, are they truly non-stick ?
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - Robin O'Reliant
According to Mrs O'Reliant who got one last year, they are.
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - Stuartli
So are the pans as well.
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - Ted

SWM bought a couple on a 2 for 1 offer intending to let daughter have one. The handle was broken on one so she got in touch and they sent another two without wanting the others back.

Brilliant bit of kit.......I don't cook, I have staff for that, but she thinks they're great. There's never been any food stuck to them, only a few marks on the ceramic. As washer up, I appreciate this, they have always just wiped with a damp cloth and looked perfect afterwards.

We have one in the caravan now.
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - madf
We have had one - ex Adsa cheap - for three years. Superb. Still no build up of stains burnt on . Great to cook with - nothing ever sticks...
I saw one in Asda today. I might get a baking tray - sick of these sticky non-stick things.
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - Zero
>> I saw one in Asda today. I might get a baking tray - sick of
>> these sticky non-stick things.

Baking paper every time
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - WillDeBeest
Can we mention some specific brands? The best I have for sheer non-stickiness is a Scanpan Classic that I reserve for scrambled eggs, which are an utter nightmare to clean off anything else. That is coated with a ceramic based on titanium oxide, I think, and any residual egg washes away under the tap, but I help it by never letting it get really hot. Searing and non-stick don't really go together.

I have a couple that can cope with it, though, from the SKK Premium Plus range. Also titanium-based, I think, they haven't stayed as pristine as the Scanpan, but then I've been much, much rougher with them, heating them to 250°C or more, which puts a beautiful crust on a steak but inevitably burns a bit of sugar into the coating. No flaking or chipping, though, and the one I've been hardest on is 12 years old now - nearly halfway through its warranty.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 8 Oct 19 at 19:47
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - wokingham
These are well reviewed. www.wilko.com/jml/jml-regis-stone-pan-28cm/invt/040604
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - Harleyman
Scrambled eggs? Microwave every time, quicker and less faff all round.
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - Roger.
Not for us - we have an induction hob.
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - Ted
We have a sheet of stuff like paper but brown in colour that you can cut with scissors to fit a baking tray. Nothing sticks to it, even baked vegetables.

I think it was about 2 quid from Lidl or Aldi. I bought two but haven't needed the other one yet.
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - WillDeBeest
Sorry, Wokes, that doesn't look like it would last a month with me. Cheap frying pans are a false economy.

Silicone paper is the stuff for baking. And you can sponge it clean, dry it and use it again, but they don't tell you that.
Last edited by: WillDeBeest on Sat 28 Mar 15 at 18:57
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - CGNorwich
you can get ceramic pans for induction hobs

www.amazon.co.uk/Neoflam-Ceramic-Pan-24cm-INDUCTION/dp/B005OWBUFI
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Sat 28 Mar 15 at 22:35
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - wokingham
regis brand from JML is well reviewed, available at Wilco, among others www.jmldirect.com/uk/cooking+baking/2-regis-stone-non-stick-pans-/invt/r00io20100000001
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - Dog
Ivor biggun .. 28cm! .. much better than the Tefal red spot things. I use it as a wok too, even though I've also got one of those Ken what'shisface jobbies.

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00P5MK2WO?psc=1

Um, stupid iriot, THIS is mine: preview.tinyurl.com/pt5j7mb

Last edited by: Dog on Sat 28 Mar 15 at 19:17
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - MD
'Regis' Pans she says. I've cooked a bit in them and although it goes against the grain to cook without even a little Oil they produce superb results. DO NOT WASH though. Wipe around with a bit of Kitchen towel etc.

One review slated them for fried eggs and I can understand the reviewers stance. They (the Eggs) don't look quite right and the cooking process (time) may be a little different, but the eggs are really superb. The top of the whites take a little time to form, but they turn out well and completely grease free. I am a convert.
Thanks all I'll have a browse.
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - Roger.
>> 'Regis' Pans she says. I've cooked a bit in them and although it goes against
>> the grain to cook without even a little Oil they produce superb results. DO NOT
>> WASH though. Wipe around with a bit of Kitchen towel etc.
>>
>> One review slated them for fried eggs and I can understand the reviewers stance. They
>> (the Eggs) don't look quite right and the cooking process (time) may be a little
>> different, but the eggs are really superb. The top of the whites take a little
>> time to form, but they turn out well and completely grease free. I am a
>> convert.
>>
I like a bit of grease on my fried egg banjos.
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - Old Navy
>> I like a bit of grease on my fried egg banjos.
>>

As the process of "frying" is cooking in oil or fat I am not surprised. Cooking without oil is not frying.
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - MD
Well it was an egg then masquerading as a fried egg. I might be beginning to agree with the others.
 Ceramic Frying Pans. - Zero
I hope none of you are inflicted by the "over" perversion. Over easy is bad enough but some take it over hard.

A fried egg has to be sunny side up, with its white all smooth and shiny, and its unblemished soft yellow centre smiling at you.
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 30 Mar 15 at 07:54
Latest Forum Posts