Non-motoring > Free ancestry records til Monday Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 4

Free ancestry records til Monday - Crankcase
In case anyone cares and hasn't noticed, ancestry.co.uk is free until Monday 6th. You have to sign in but you don't have to subscribe this weekend.

I'm not actually very interested in my family tree, which is just as well because I couldn't find a consarned thing of interest, not even successfully getting one generation back never mind the Vikings, but you may have better luck.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Sat 4 Apr 15 at 18:15
 Free ancestry records til Monday - Armel Coussine
>> I'm not actually very interested in my family tree,

I haven't got one. My father's side came out of a hedge judging by the name. As for my mother's, god help us. You can't get proper sense out of a jabbering Mediterranean on the back foot.

Amazing I've come out so brilliant and, er, balanced. Perhaps it was stern teachers in the one or two decent schools I went to, crossed with soppy and evil ones in the others in some kinda awful usher-congress... but I mustn't let this stuff run away with me. Least said soonest mended.
 Free ancestry records til Monday - MD
Shell fish Git! You might not want to K-now, but we, as sure as Nigel is a Berk, DO. Come now you 25% Med' person you. :-0)
 Free ancestry records til Monday - Slidingpillar
Not a chance!
Free trial requires registration with a valid credit or debit card. Unless you cancel before the end of your free trial, your chosen membership will begin and you'll be charged the relevant price. Your membership will automatically renew at the same price at the end of each membership period, unless you are notified otherwise. If you don't want to renew, cancel at least two days before your renewal date. Cancel by visiting the My Account section or by calling 0800 404 9723.

I was tempted, as I think it's that site has major errors about my family which I'd sort of like to put right but I don't have an account, nor will have one with those conditions.
Last edited by: Slidingpillar on Sat 4 Apr 15 at 22:27
 Free ancestry records til Monday - Cliff Pope
>> as I think it's that site has major errors about my family
>> which I'd sort of like to put right
>>

I've noticed that too. A keen new younger enthusiast jumps in with lots of easy-access information from the internet, a hotch-pot of glibly written stuff from one of these surname sites where you can buy mugs and scrolls etc, and then they set up their own family website and hey presto ! they have a pseudo tree going back yonks.
Latest Forum Posts