Non-motoring > Constituencies quiz Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 32

Constituencies quiz - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies
 Constituencies quiz - Bromptonaut
Daventry; 64/100
 Constituencies quiz - smokie
Thanks, enjoyed that one.

Wokingham 53/100. I was extremely close with some answers but a country mile off with others. All guesswork really, some more inspired than others...
 Constituencies quiz - Zero
39 out of 100.

Runnymede & Weybridge Wildly out with almost everything, the only thing I got spot on right was property prices.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 26 Apr 15 at 09:21
 Constituencies quiz - Duncan
48 Grey area.

Esher & Walton.
>> Runnymede & Weybridge Wildly out with almost everything, the only thing I got spot on
>> right was property prices.

Some of the provided answers look a bit wide of the mark. Property price in Dav is, I would have thought, considerably more than the sub £200k figure quoted. That might be in ball park for the Borough but much higher in the smaller towns and villages. Not sure we've really got full employment (less than 2% on JSA) either.

Right about the tiny proportion of ethnic minorities though and only a few more in Northampton.
 Constituencies quiz - Dog
St Austell and Newquay 53/100 some of the actual answers were absolute bullocks.

Cunning constituent :}
Last edited by: Dog on Sun 26 Apr 15 at 10:46
 Constituencies quiz - Robin O'Reliant
Preseli Pembrokeshire, 25%

Ah well, back to school.
 Constituencies quiz - sooty123
29% just wild guessing for me, apart from the house price question, £120k.
 Constituencies quiz - WillDeBeest
Cunning Constituent status for me, but only just - 52. Hot on property price and voting turnout, miles out on Jobseeker's Allowance and public sector employment. Average age here only 37; who'da thought?
 Constituencies quiz - No FM2R
56 for Banbury.
 Constituencies quiz - Ted

Manchester Gorton.....54%
 Constituencies quiz - CGNorwich
72 for Norwich North
 Constituencies quiz - legacylad
57. And I didn't even know my MPs name
That makes me second do far
40. Thanet South, quite a few candidates here.
 Constituencies quiz - Zero
I can detect some electoral fraud going on here, duncan is Voting in Thanet and Esher!
>> I can detect some electoral fraud going on here, duncan is Voting in Thanet and
>> Esher!

I was intrigued by the wackiness of the candidates in Thanet South. That was why I had a look at that constituency.

I wasn't disappointed!
 Constituencies quiz - Manatee
66,SW Herts.
 Constituencies quiz - movilogo
The political parties must have their own voter demographics data where they segment voters and try to woo them with their policies.

Does anyone have idea how they segment voters?

Constituencies quiz - Cliff Pope

>>
>> Does anyone have idea how they segment voters?

Yes. A blue election pamphlet arrived a few minutes ago. Tory, obviously.
But then I read the strap line "Re-elect Carmarthenshire's voice".
Eh?
But tucked away in small writing it said it was from Plaid Cymru. Odd colour to choose.
The otherwise identical pamphlet addressed to my wife is a dull chocolate brown.

"The "Party of Wales" sounds as if it ought to be fun, apart from the dire or confusing publicity colours. Have I been segmented?
 Constituencies quiz - Alanovich
Reading East, 57%.
You're late. Eating kebabs has slowed you down.
There's a new Turkish Grill in Emmer Green. Great quality, huge portions. Every Friday night. Unless the wife wants a curry.
>>There's a new Turkish Grill in Emmer Green. Great quality, huge portions. Every Friday night.

You can leave again now.
That's enough of your Chile sauce.
...Turkish Grill in Emmer Green...

Reckon I could fancy some of that as a change from fish and chips. And it's not really Reading, is it - so I could still count it as ethically sourced?
Yeah, spitting distance of a civilised border. Good place, not your standard kebab joint. Proper marinaded sheesh using best cuts of meat, proper herby middle eastern salads and that. In the Budgens parade on the Green. Even the elephant's leg is better than the average.

;-)
 Constituencies quiz - Dog
Welcome back to Fiends Reunited, vić.
>> Reading East, 57%.

Welcome back Al - nice to see you again.
Aw. You guys. (and Pat.)
 Constituencies quiz - Runfer D'Hills
Where TF have you been then ? There was a theory going about that you'd bought another Renault and got irretrievably stranded somewhere.
Breather required from certain things occasionally. Nothing sinister like a Renault.

Although, I have ditched the wife's Golf since I've been gone. It's been replaced by a SAAB 9-5 2.2TiD auto estate. 53 reg. Silver. Still got the Mazda 6 estate which replaced the La-goner, needs a new thermostat at the moment. Thought I'd try it myself but getting cold feet. Have done plenty of work on the old SAAB myself since getting it, latest being the crank position sensor (which didn't make the difference I'd wanted but was satisfying nonetheless).
...crank position sensor...
Might be a useful feature on this site.
Latest Forum Posts