Non-motoring > NOAH Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 1

NOAH - Armel Coussine

Someone sent me this. So-so I thought, but some may like it.

>>
>>
>>
>> NOAH TODAY
>>
>> In the year 2014, the Lord came unto Noah, who was now living in Somerset and said:"Once again, the earth has become evil and I see the end of all flesh before me. Build another Ark and save 2 of every living thing along with a few good humans." He gave Noah the blueprints, saying: "You have 6 months to build the Ark before I will start the unending rain for 40 days and 40 nights."
>> Six months later, the Lord looked down and saw Noah weeping in his yard - but no Ark. "Noah!" He roared, "I'm about to start the rain! Where is the Ark?" "Forgive me, Lord," begged Noah, "but things have changed."
>> "I needed a Building Permit."
>>
>> "I've been arguing with the Boat Inspectorabout the need for a sprinkler system."
>>
>> "My neighbours claim that I've violated theNeighborhood By-Laws by building the Ark in my back garden and exceeding the height limitations. We had to go to the Local Planning Committee for a decision."
>> "Then the Local Council and the Electric Company demanded a boat load of money for the future costs of moving power lines and other overhead obstructions, to clear the passage for the Ark's move to the sea. I told them that the sea would be coming to us, but they would hear nothing of it."
>>
>> "Getting the wood was another problem. There's a ban on cutting local trees in order to save the Greater Spotted Barn Owl. I tried to convince the environmentalists that I needed the wood to save the owls - but no go!"
>> "When I started gathering the animals the RSPCA took me to court. They insisted that I was confining wild animals against their will. They argued the accommodations were too restrictive, and it was cruel and inhumane to put so many animals in a confined space."
>>
>> "Then the Environmental Protection Agency ruled that I couldn't build the Ark until they'd conducted an environmental impact study on your proposed flood."
>>
>> "I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the Human Rights Commission on how many minorities I'm supposed to hire for my building crew."
>>
>> "Immigration are checking the Visa status of most of the people who want to work."
>>
>> "The Trades Unions say I can't use my sons. They insist I have to hire only Union workers with ark-building experience."
>>
>> "To make matters worse, the Internal Revenue Service seized all my assets, claiming I'm trying to leave the country illegally with endangered species."
>>
>> "So, forgive me, Lord, but it would take at least 10 years for me to finish this Ark."
>>
>> "Suddenly the skies cleared, the sun began to shine, and a rainbow stretched across the sky."
>>
>>
>>
>> Noah looked up in wonder and asked,"You mean you're not going to destroy the world?"
>> "No," said the Lord." The Government beat me to it."
>>
>> May I please have an AMEN
 NOAH - Mike Hannon
Time to resurrect the 'terrible old jokes' thread.
How did he end up in Somerset? I know that (from time to time) they have a practice for the Great Flood...

It's a shame you still can't post pix directly on this site (Flickr, like many other things, doesn't work for me any more because I don't care enough to replace my 12-year-old computer) - I have a business card here from many years ago, from a Mr F E Noah, who worked for British Shipbuilders. Honestly.
Latest Forum Posts