Non-motoring > If it doesn't rain Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 10

If it doesn't rain - Armel Coussine
... the cousins have arranged with the neighbours to meet for a drink on the top of the ridge above the house here. Most of the hill consists of their plantation whose regular rows of plastic tubes recall a WW1 cemetery in France.

The climb is only about 100 feet though and the view from up there is quite decent as all the views tend to be round here. I've said I will go if Herself does. I suppose I'll have to take a small flask of premix.

The brewing cousin used me as a taster for a new brew an hour ago. He's turning out a very good sound hoppy consistent product. Wholesome stuff he calls 'liquid bread'... you wouldn't complain if you had paid £3.60 for a pint of it dahna drinker...
 If it doesn't rain - Cliff Pope

>>
>> The climb is only about 100 feet though
>>

Phew. You could always cheat and take the funicular railway.
Wrap up well - it will be quite chilly at the top.
:)
 If it doesn't rain - Old Navy
No ski uplift?
It wasn't chilly. Hot almost for part of the time.

Glad it was downhill on the way back.

Yee, er, hah sort of thing.

Next time you are up here you should try a wander up Arthur's Seat in Edinburghs Holyrood Park. Only 250M to the top, and a good view of Edinburgh and the surrounding area.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sun 7 Jun 15 at 21:05
 If it doesn't rain - ....
It would kill 'im.
I raced my daughter too the top in April. Unless AC is some kind of Olympic champion I wouldn't rate him through the dip.
 If it doesn't rain - Focusless
I'm staying in Bath during the week at the moment, and the walk/run in to the office includes a descent of about 500ft with some very nice views over the city. Coming home you just see a flippin great hill in front of you :)
>> the walk/run in to the office includes a descent of about 500ft with some very nice views over the city. Coming home you just see a flippin great hill in front of you :)

Which side of Bath? Lansdown is the obvious thought, but it isn't the only contender.

It wouldn't kill me to revisit Arthur's Seat either. But it might take a while to get up there.
 If it doesn't rain - Focusless
>> Which side of Bath? Lansdown is the obvious thought, but it isn't the only contender.

No, not the posh side :) Top of Wellsway, south.
>> It wouldn't kill me to revisit Arthur's Seat either. But it might take a while
>> to get up there.
>>

Me too, I am sure I could get up there, just take a while with my legs in first gear. :-)
 If it doesn't rain - Manatee
>> Next time you are up here you should try a wander up Arthur's Seat

Sounds like a euphemism, especially in the park.
Latest Forum Posts