Non-motoring > Poor Marketing Legal Questions
Thread Author: Alastairw Replies: 18

Poor Marketing - Alastairw
I spent this afternoon at the Genting Arena (NEC) at the biennial gathering of Rockchoir. It was a superb way to spend an afternoon with people I like, singing songs I love. Kiki Dee and Chesney Hawkes joined us.

When the concert ended I was in the mood for an ice cream, and several other choristers wanted refreshment, but all of the concession stands in the arena had closed. Surely it would make sense to stay open to cater for the people leaving - a missed opportunity for someone.
 Poor Marketing - Bromptonaut
I can see rationale for that at an afternoon event though I think most folks at evening concerts probably want or need to move sharpish at the end. Certainly anyone going southwards by train from Genting has little time to spare before the last service for Rugby/Northampton/London.

The Lad's off there tonight to see Fleetwood Mac. He's forgoing drink and using my car to ensure he catches the last encore.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Mon 8 Jun 15 at 09:50
 Poor Marketing - Focusless
>> The Lad's off there tonight to see Fleetwood Mac. He's forgoing drink and using my
>> car to ensure he catches the last encore.

They should finish with 'The Chain', to get all the drivers in a suitable frame of mind for the sprint to the car park exit :)
 Poor Marketing - RattleandSmoke
There is probably a legal requirement that the venue shuts at a certain time, not just that the concert must finish. When ever I have been to big concerts the staff always usher people out extremely quickly.

I wish I was seeing Fleetwood Mac, they are on my to see list.
 Poor Marketing - Zero

>> I wish I was seeing Fleetwood Mac, they are on my to see list.

Saw them at the O2 last year for the first time Christine Mcvie sang with the band for 16 years.

Having seen The Mac, The Eagles and Spandau in the last 18 months (all bands I missed) my band bucket list is now complete.
 Poor Marketing - Crankcase
Finally bothered to Google that weird term that seems to have sprung up unbidden recently and makes no sense - "bucket list". Deduced what it meant, eventually, from context but didn't know where it came from.

Oh it's from a FILM! Who knew? Well, not me, anyway.

Poor Marketing - Pat
Not off to Wembley on July 4th then?

We are:)

Pat
 Poor Marketing - Bromptonaut
>> Not off to Wembley on July 4th then?
>>
>> We are:)
>>
>> Pat

That's another one on The Lad's list. He's off to Download on Wednesday as well.
 Poor Marketing - Zero
AC/DC? pffftttt

Now if this was on offer.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iwC2QljLn4

Poor Marketing - Pat
You are, after all, a man of taste!

Pat
 Poor Marketing - Dave_
>> Not off to Wembley on July 4th then?

I took the nippers there on Saturday. One Direction, Pitbull, Avicii etc. Probably not your kind of thing :)
 Poor Marketing - Pat
Not really Dave.

Incidentally, when did you get your tickets through the post?

AC/DC sold out within 90 minutes when they went on sale in December and I'm getting worried now as we're away on holiday a couple of weeks before and they have to be signed for.

Pat
 Poor Marketing - Boxsterboy
I saw Spandau at the O2 recently and was pleasantly surprised at how good they were. The warm-up act was Rusty Egan DJ-ing in the centre of the floor (this was just after Steve Strange had died - Strange and Egan having history in the Visage and early Ultravox).

Fleetwood Mac have had very good reviews for their recent concerts, and I wish I had been able to get a ticket.
 Poor Marketing - WillDeBeest
Spandau Ballet would leave me in need of a bucket. Some things are best left behind in the Eighties.
 Poor Marketing - Zero
>> Spandau Ballet would leave me in need of a bucket. Some things are best left
>> behind in the Eighties.
Peasant

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0X2lX9JiSw
 Poor Marketing - Armel Coussine
>> Some things are best left behind in the Eighties.

Most things if you ask me. It was a decadent period for popular music, too damn 'artistic' for its own good.

Spandau Ballet is a good name though in a sinister way. There was a German Spandau machine gun, and it was the name of a jail or prison camp too.
 Poor Marketing - neiltoo
Jail where Rudolf Hess was kept from the end of the war, until his death a few years ago.
 Poor Marketing - Armel Coussine
Thanks neiltoo.
 Poor Marketing - Focusless
>> >> Some things are best left behind in the Eighties.
>>
>> Most things if you ask me. It was a decadent period for popular music, too
>> damn 'artistic' for its own good.

What happened to I'm glad there are others more fun-loving and convivial than I am. Life's rich tapestry is quite rich here by world standards.?

:)
Latest Forum Posts