Non-motoring > Sometimes you just need to tell someone - sorry... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 7

Sometimes you just need to tell someone - sorry... - zippy
I had to visit a UKIP supporter who is in his 70’s yesterday, to help with some finance related bits and bobs. (Posters still in the window from the election.)

He is married to someone who was born in Africa and moved to the UK in her twenties. English is not her first language but she speaks it well but does pronounce a few words incorrectly. She is also in her 70’s.

He sat there watching the TV, the news was on and his comments were as follows:
Re the school stabbing with the alleged offender being arrested: “look at him, Muslim, kick his kind out, typical. Don’t bother with a trial just lock him up and throw away the key”.
Re the teacher: “n*****!, I suppose he is the only type they can get to work with the Muslims”.

RBS shares being sold “b***** Bankers, should all be put up against the wall and shot” (he has a small fortune in a bank so its alright to use something you despise then.

Barak Obama in Germany: “Whats that nignog doing over there. Will be swinging from the trees next”. “He’s an e***** Muslim, what’s he doing drinking beer?”

G7 meeting: “e***** foreigners lording it over all of us. The sooner we leave them all to it the better. Make everything ourselves that the answer.”

(He shops in Aldi and Lidl, has a Samsung TV, a Nissan car, a Siemens pacemaker.)

I dare not say what he thinks about gays, despite the fact that his sister has lived with another woman since the 50’s.

There is soooo much more but I dare not go on.

I really don’t know what to think (actually I do – I was horrified) and was glad I could leave as soon as I could. I really felt sorry for his Mrs who was eloquent and delightful and clearly embarrassed by him. Considering she is of foreign origin I don’t know why she puts up with him.

To be clear, he was being serious.
 Sometimes you just need to tell someone - sorry... - Haywain
Yeah ........ and there's 4 bloomin' million of 'em just like that ;-)
 Sometimes you just need to tell someone - sorry... - Dutchie
Modern day language or is it all that different from the past? You can problaby double that figure from 4 million.

Sometimes you just need to tell someone - sorry... - Zero
Sounds like my mother.
 Sometimes you just need to tell someone - sorry... - Dog
Sounds like my dogs Dog.
 Sometimes you just need to tell someone - sorry... - Armel Coussine
>> felt sorry for his Mrs who was eloquent and delightful and clearly embarrassed by him. Considering she is of foreign origin I don't know why she puts up with him.

Remember Alf Garnett in Till Death Do Us Part? His Mrs was far more rational and sensible than he was. Just cosy TV fiction I know, but it did reflect widespread attitudes at the time. They are still much more prevalent than people like to think.
 Sometimes you just need to tell someone - sorry... - Mike Hannon
Given his age, it sounds like incipient senility.
 Sometimes you just need to tell someone - sorry... - Armel Coussine
Back in the day, such attitudes were commonplace even among people young enough to know better. They probably still are.

Underlying attitudes do vary quite a lot. Some racists are deadly serious with this stuff, but for others it's a form of badinage that doesn't intend real harm. Bad taste is a two-edged weapon as I have often learned to my cost.
Latest Forum Posts