Non-motoring > Thoughts on Jersey Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 3

Thoughts on Jersey - legacylad
Recently returned after 5 nights with a group of friends, staying in a small hotel directly on the 'prom' at Havre Des Pas. Two of us went with the sole intention of walking around the coast, some 50 miles, in 3 days. The weather was kind for us, shorts every day, and some stunning scenery on the north coast. Plenty of beach walking, some interesting WW2 gun emplacements with info boards, and a good time had by all.
Personally, without the days spent walking the coast, I would have been bored rigid, but each to their own. Cheap buses everywhere, Max fare £2, but slow journey times, although no bad thing as you had time to see the island whilst on board.
I was surprised with the volume of traffic in St Helier, but nice cars in abundance...plenty of Astons, and every MB AMG, Porsche, Ferrari & Bentley you can think of. Too many X5s to shake a stick at, even an R8. The last time I visited was with my parents as a nipper, and I didn't recognise anything.
With hindsight, we should have had a day less on Jersey, sailed to Guernsey for 3 nights, then flown home from there.
Shame the TIC was closed on our first day there, a Sunday, as the walkers map, which covered all the CI, proved invaluable.
Nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there
Rather like reality
 Thoughts on Jersey - sooty123
heard similar from others and it put me off. Overpriced and overated. But I've never been so perhaps I should go and make up my mind.
 Thoughts on Jersey - Zero
Like Jersey, been going since I was a dustbin lid, worked on the islands for a year, got friends there, but cheap it ain't, notuch to do unless you just want to walk and explore.

Currently writing this from a beach bar at Punta Prima in Spain. It's 11:30am, 28c with a nice cooling sea breeze, we are drinking cava e fresa at 2e a pop.Got a Nissan Juke for the week at 56 quid. Long live the EU, God bless the collapse of the euro
 Thoughts on Jersey - Cliff Pope
I've been once, stayed on a campsite.
It didn't feel real, a sort of make-believe country that had assembled all the components of a real country and then constructed itself just a little too perfectly.
A bit like Toytown with French names.
Latest Forum Posts