Non-motoring > TV boxes streaming Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 6

TV boxes streaming - Bobby
In relation to this article
www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-05-08/soccer-pirates-shift-to-tv-from-computers-as-set-top-boxes-surge
I am curious as to whether anyone on here has any particular experience of using some such thing? Or know a friend who does?
 TV boxes streaming - No FM2R
Absolutely.

But this isn't new. This has been going on in the UK for some time, and its also quite prevalent amongst expats.

Allegedly.

Last edited by: No FM2R on Wed 17 Jun 15 at 17:30
 TV boxes streaming - Stuartli
Been going on for several years in my area - can take you to pubs that have been warned off about streaming in from such services.

Mind you I recall one pub landlady winning a court case to allow her to continue showing football matches.

See:

tinyurl.com/7fs4aoa
 TV boxes streaming - Bobby
Yeah, aware that it has been going on for a long while on the pub circuit but didn't realise the boxes were as cheap as they are. Am interested if anyone knew of anyone who had one and how it operated , how easy was set up etc etc..

Reminds me years ago when Virgin was still Telewest and you could buy boxes that were chipped to give you all channels.
 TV boxes streaming - Roger.
There's too much money swilling about in soccer, anyway!
 TV boxes streaming - No FM2R
>>There's too much money swilling about in soccer, anyway!

Kind of. But all the money in sport comes from television. And that's really where there is too much money swilling around.

Its all this bidding for TV rights that does it.

It would be fairly easy for Ofcom to mandate what should be shown FTA, there is already a protected list, albeit it is whittled away year by year.

If they stuck 50% of Premier League games, ditto cricket & rugby, World Cup & Olympics etc. etc. That would knock a lot of the money out of television.

On the other hand, if you remember soccer pitches of the 70s, then TV money is the difference.

Ditto stadiums, facilities, changing rooms, championship funding etc. etc. etc.
 TV boxes streaming - Stuartli
There's also BT's avowed intention to eventually take over Sky's mantle on the sports side and it has the money and considerably higher number of subscribers to succeed.
Latest Forum Posts